what is 200rwhp in a miata like? - Page 5 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-17-2010, 11:01 PM   #81
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

I had a run with a C5Z on a relatively small track (Talladega Grand Prix) and I had no problem pulling him on under braking and acceleration out of the corners...but on the 3 longer straights he would pull away on me. I finally got close enough that he let me pass and he was no rookie driver In his defense, I was on old beat *** Hankook C50 compound tires and he was on fresh Goodyear KDAs (or whatever the BFG KDs are that aren't the KDW).
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #82
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
I had a run with a C5Z on a relatively small track (Talladega Grand Prix) and I had no problem pulling him on under braking and acceleration out of the corners...but on the 3 longer straights he would pull away on me. I finally got close enough that he let me pass and he was no rookie driver In his defense, I was on old beat *** Hankook C50 compound tires and he was on fresh Goodyear KDAs (or whatever the BFG KDs are that aren't the KDW).
5mph more exit speed goes a long way too.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:14 PM   #83
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,186
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

So in a straight line 250whp miata would get walked....
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #84
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
So in a straight line 250whp miata would get walked....
In a highway dragrace from 40mph at 262whp/252wtq on a DD, its almost a dead heat.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:31 PM   #85
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,186
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Nice to know. And all this time I was scared of em
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:35 PM   #86
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Nice to know. And all this time I was scared of em
highway racing is ******* gay, and only useful for gettin dem panties off...or your boyfriend's boxer breifs, which holds the genitals which you use your mouth on so well.

However any time you can fart on a Ferrari its pure glory.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #87
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,186
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

I've highway raced maybe 3-4 times in the Miata. Definitely not something I do on a regular basis. Question was more of a "if a vette drives up to me with a ------ *** smirk or some other bullshit that those stuck up ******** pull on a regular basis, I will run his bitch ***" type of deal lol
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #88
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
Yeah. At ~265whp I would get tugged on just a tiny bit by C6Zs on track. They'd be a joke at 300whp.

Go drive a Stage 2 STi (chip+TBE, ~270whp) - that's what 200whp in a Miata feels like.



12.4:1 AFR and 220kpa, eh?

edit: 110% duty cycle, 20+ degrees of timing at 19psi around the torque peak, all sorts of bad stuff going on there.
Sorry I'm not, nor have I claimed to be a professional tuner.

Thats wastegate pressure (14psi wastegate) on a 24 degree evening with RC550s.

Edit: I'll also add, thats with something along the lines of 100 logs run through megalogviewer. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by elesjuan; 02-18-2010 at 12:13 AM.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 07:47 AM   #89
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Sentic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sweden
Posts: 435
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelgänger View Post
I had a run with a C5Z on a relatively small track (Talladega Grand Prix)
This is the thing, isn't it?

The gear ratios favors the miata a lot. How is it at laguna seca, or for that instance, the nürburgring?

Walking a z06 sounds a little too.. good. As I think savington put it before, it hurts more to crash a more expensive car, therefore the guys driving them often tend to take it a little easier.

wow, that was really of topic.. sorry
Sentic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:27 AM   #90
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,500
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentic View Post
This is the thing, isn't it?

The gear ratios favors the miata a lot. How is it at laguna seca, or for that instance, the nürburgring?

Walking a z06 sounds a little too.. good. As I think savington put it before, it hurts more to crash a more expensive car, therefore the guys driving them often tend to take it a little easier.

wow, that was really of topic.. sorry

right along with what you're saying, check out the coefficient of drag for miatas and corvettes. huge advantages for the vette on longer stretches
Automobile drag coefficient - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mach929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:35 AM   #91
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 7
Default

I grew up wanting to kill M3s in a Nissan. Now it looks like Corvettes in a Miata.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM   #92
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,110
Total Cats: 127
Default

I had my MSM up to 230whp and that was about right for an in town car. At that power it was a hooligan car...lol

At 200whp most stock Mustang Gt's are done, lt1 Camaro's done, Ls1's are even until 4th when they start to pull.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM   #93
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,033
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
IMO 200 rwhp for street use is not enough.
I totally agree. IMO, 250 feels nice and tight where the miata should be from the factory. Its fun, not all scary and terrifying. Anyone who thinks 200 rwhp in a miata is scary needs to go back to M.net
leatherface24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #94
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 1,479
Total Cats: 6
Default

Ontario sucks. 50kph over the limit and car is impounded for a week.
dgmorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 PM   #95
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 620
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentic View Post
As I think savington put it before, it hurts more to crash a more expensive car, therefore the guys driving them often tend to take it a little easier.
I've found there are two kinds of guys in expensive cars at the track, the ones who stretch themselves reallllly thin to look cool and the ones who have enough cash to make buying a new Vette (or Ferrari) about as painful to their wallet as buying a Miata is to a lot of us (not very). The ones who are stretched thin tend to not push too hard, the ones who have enough to write off the car and not hurt for years are inclined to run them hard.
Rennkafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM   #96
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennkafer View Post
I've found there are two kinds of guys in expensive cars at the track, the ones who stretch themselves reallllly thin to look cool and the ones who have enough cash to make buying a new Vette (or Ferrari) about as painful to their wallet as buying a Miata is to a lot of us (not very). The ones who are stretched thin tend to not push too hard, the ones who have enough to write off the car and not hurt for years are inclined to run them hard.
Aren't they usually the ones that lack the "skillz" though? Either wreck their **** or get passed by cars that should be slower. Not been to many events, but YouTube seems to indicate such, unless that is the people like to see expensive cars crash factor.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:52 AM   #97
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 620
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Aren't they usually the ones that lack the "skillz" though? Either wreck their **** or get passed by cars that should be slower. Not been to many events, but YouTube seems to indicate such, unless that is the people like to see expensive cars crash factor.
There's some of both. You can kind of break down the "drives hard" group into two subgroups... the first are the ones you're seeing on YouTube, they're generally executive types who like fast cars, are used to being in charge and won't listen to anyone who isn't in their little group about how to properly drive a car fast. A lot of them won't listen to guys IN their group so they fall off the track a lot. The second less common group are similar to the first but got to where they are without having lost their ability to listen... some of them are damn fast.
Rennkafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,272
Total Cats: 32
Default

I'm happy with my fat torque curve and 167hp from the blower!
timk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:31 AM   #99
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,186
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saboteur View Post
I'm happy with my fat torque curve and 167hp from the blower!
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #100
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

I'm happy with my flat torque and 240rwhp from my 1.6L
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 PM.