Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

2018 Miatas at the gap - anyone going?

 
Old 08-09-2018, 03:03 PM
  #181  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 18,904
Total Cats: 2,364
Default

All loud purple Miatas are Ben.
sixshooter is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:25 PM
  #182  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 18,904
Total Cats: 2,364
Default







sixshooter is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:31 PM
  #183  
Supporting Vendor
 
KMiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 573
Total Cats: 264
Default

Those purple Miatas are so average.
KMiata is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:31 PM
  #184  
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (4)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,499
Total Cats: 490
Default

AVERAGEMIATA
psyber_0ptix is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 03:55 PM
  #185  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,264
Total Cats: 1,606
Default

Thanks for reminding me, i need to get ahold of the Ebay seller that appears to have sold me an NA GV lip.

Looks baaaaaad.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:42 PM
  #186  
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 8
Total Cats: 5
Default

also not ben

jcoupe is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 04:48 PM
  #187  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,264
Total Cats: 1,606
Default

So many purplbois.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 05:11 PM
  #188  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 181
Total Cats: 20
Default

Purple is just an inferior shade of black.


Wingman703 is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 05:57 PM
  #189  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,435
Total Cats: 172
Default

My only pass thru main part of 129 with my car over the weekend.






I did do a fairly brisk run from Tapoco to crossroads on the R7s...... gottdemmm were they silly compared to what I'm used to.
flier129 is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:06 PM
  #190  
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
chriscar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Carrollton TX
Posts: 1,699
Total Cats: 13
Default

I rode shotgun in my buddies SE-R at AMP & MATG. The rain was delicious compared to bone dry Dallas.

chriscar is offline  
Old 08-09-2018, 07:10 PM
  #191  
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Shibby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Posts: 219
Total Cats: 38
Default

I loved that b13 . Details on it? Build thread anywhere?
Shibby is offline  
Old 08-16-2018, 06:27 PM
  #192  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 557
Total Cats: -28
Default

Had a great time as usual. I didnt get to meet anyone from MT I was too busy rolling with my crew but there is always next year.
andyfloyd is online now  
Old 08-21-2018, 09:44 AM
  #193  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Louisville ky
Posts: 546
Total Cats: -115
Default

aww yea! thats my red na behind you andy floyd! We had a great time!
atli126 is offline  
Old 08-21-2018, 03:34 PM
  #194  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 557
Total Cats: -28
Default

Originally Posted by atli126 View Post
aww yea! thats my red na behind you andy floyd! We had a great time!
yessir, but now you have a beautiful new NB. Ahhhhhhhh
andyfloyd is online now  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:42 AM
  #195  
Junior Member
 
sshamrockk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 256
Total Cats: 13
Default

Sorry to Bring this thread back. But I was wondering if anyone knew what people with truck and trailers do. It's about 1k miles to the village and I plan on trailering my car down. But I'm not sure where I'll be able to park the truck for the weekend.
sshamrockk is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 09:47 AM
  #196  
Supporting Vendor
 
KMiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 573
Total Cats: 264
Default

Originally Posted by sshamrockk View Post
Sorry to Bring this thread back. But I was wondering if anyone knew what people with truck and trailers do. It's about 1k miles to the village and I plan on trailering my car down. But I'm not sure where I'll be able to park the truck for the weekend.
There is an area behind the vendor tents where we're allowed to leave our trucks and trailers. Talk to Josh and ask if you can leave a trailer there as a non vendor. There is usually plenty of room.

Also, don't trailer up the dragon, that takes forever and it just sucks. Take the back way in from route 28. I was able to pull our F350 dually through there, with a 30 ft. enclosed gooseneck trailer hauling two cars. It was tight but doable. Josh can also tell you the exact route.
KMiata is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 10:49 AM
  #197  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 18,904
Total Cats: 2,364
Default

There is space for smaller single car trailers around some of the cabins.
sixshooter is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 11:33 AM
  #198  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Plentiful Land of Beer and Cheese
Posts: 587
Total Cats: 137
Default

I had a Uhaul trailer this last year and just parked the unhitched trailer off to a far side parking spot of the lot, then parked the truck right next to it. Assuming you have just a small 1 car trailer like my Uhaul, there's plenty of places to park it around Fontana where nobody will bother it. Bring a hitch lock if you are super concerned.

I trailered my car through the tail. It was okay with a 1 car trailer, but I wouldn't want to bring anything much longer than that through there as it can be tight. That, and your trucks transmission will probably hate you about half way through, so I'd make sure you have a trans cooler or keep it really slow if that is the route you take.
Padlock is offline  
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM
  #199  
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,435
Total Cats: 172
Default

Originally Posted by sshamrockk View Post
Sorry to Bring this thread back. But I was wondering if anyone knew what people with truck and trailers do. It's about 1k miles to the village and I plan on trailering my car down. But I'm not sure where I'll be able to park the truck for the weekend.
I kept my trailer around the cabin, but more than enough space to get a trailer behind the vendor area. I towed home over the dragon, but I live just west of it so it's worth it for me. It's annoying and slow to tow, can't recommend it for anything over 20ft.

The route David mentioned, east on 28 then north up 74 will take you to I-40 to get you where ever you need. It's an easy drive over, 74 is a 4-lane highway, 28 can be a bit tight with a few elevation changes, but it's manageable.



If you're towing, plan on the track-day at Atlanta Motorsports Park the Thursday before [email protected] Aug 1st 2019 - https://www.facebook.com/miatasbeforethegap


I'll make a new 2019 thread.....
flier129 is offline  
Old 01-05-2019, 12:14 AM
  #200  
Junior Member
 
sshamrockk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Western Mass.
Posts: 256
Total Cats: 13
Default

Originally Posted by KMiata View Post
There is an area behind the vendor tents where we're allowed to leave our trucks and trailers. Talk to Josh and ask if you can leave a trailer there as a non vendor. There is usually plenty of room.

Also, don't trailer up the dragon, that takes forever and it just sucks. Take the back way in from route 28. I was able to pull our F350 dually through there, with a 30 ft. enclosed gooseneck trailer hauling two cars. It was tight but doable. Josh can also tell you the exact route.
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
There is space for smaller single car trailers around some of the cabins.
Behind the vendors would probably be best, ill have to ask. Didnt want to take up 2 spaces with a truck and trailer for the whole weekend. But if i have to i will.


Originally Posted by Padlock View Post
I had a Uhaul trailer this last year and just parked the unhitched trailer off to a far side parking spot of the lot, then parked the truck right next to it. Assuming you have just a small 1 car trailer like my Uhaul, there's plenty of places to park it around Fontana where nobody will bother it. Bring a hitch lock if you are super concerned.

I trailered my car through the tail. It was okay with a 1 car trailer, but I wouldn't want to bring anything much longer than that through there as it can be tight. That, and your trucks transmission will probably hate you about half way through, so I'd make sure you have a trans cooler or keep it really slow if that is the route you take.
Im coming from Assachusetts. Google maps has me coming down 81s to 26e to 40w to 74w to 28n. so looking like ill be avoiding the tail witha trailer. Ill also be renting a uhaul truck and trailer like you did.


Originally Posted by flier129 View Post
I kept my trailer around the cabin, but more than enough space to get a trailer behind the vendor area. I towed home over the dragon, but I live just west of it so it's worth it for me. It's annoying and slow to tow, can't recommend it for anything over 20ft.

The route David mentioned, east on 28 then north up 74 will take you to I-40 to get you where ever you need. It's an easy drive over, 74 is a 4-lane highway, 28 can be a bit tight with a few elevation changes, but it's manageable.



If you're towing, plan on the track-day at Atlanta Motorsports Park the Thursday before [email protected] Aug 1st 2019 - https://www.facebook.com/miatasbeforethegap


I'll make a new 2019 thread.....
Thanks for the heads up, atlanta is another 3 hours south, so ill be skipping that. Plan to leave home around 10pm wednesday night.
sshamrockk is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Miatas at the gap - anyone going?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.