Another person with idle woes - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #61
Boosting since 1984
iTrader: (1)
 
stefanst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Levittown
Posts: 1,198
Total Cats: 68
Default

if your low-load cells need unusually high VE-values, take a look at your injector dead-times. They may need to be longer. My injectors were advertised at 0.6xx at 14.2V. Ended up being 1.3xx. Search the forum for injector dead-time.
stefanst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #62
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,672
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

I don't know that I was able to help with anything. I just stood around acting puzzled.

I thought I had turned your overrun on when I was fuxoring with it.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #63
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,877
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impuls View Post
he gave me a citation for not having my license.
make you wonder about the validity of his stop in the first place...


and seems I was right about not having enough fuel...
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:50 AM   #64
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 761
Total Cats: 19
Default

According to Injector dynamics 1000s 13.7v @ 62 psi have an 1.2ms dead time and corrects at about .2v per volt
Which I have it set for 1.2.

It was on six but DIY suggested turning it off for now. if you have overrun on how does the auto tune VE feature handle the leaning out?
Impuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #65
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 761
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
make you wonder about the validity of his stop in the first place...


and seems I was right about not having enough fuel...
because racecar? :P
Impuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:13 AM   #66
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,877
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impuls View Post
because racecar? :P
well, an officer needs probable cause to pull you over. You say you got pulled over for speeding, but didn't get a ticket for it. Make you think that he just pulled you over ***** nilly which is a violation of your rights. If he just pulled you over ***** nilly because he figured he could write a ticket for you for something else once he pulled you over on his fishing expedition, then the stop wasn't valid and neither was the ticket you got. luckily, that ticket typically gets dropped once you show up in court and prove you actually have a license.
Braineack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #67
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 761
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
well, an officer needs probable cause to pull you over. You say you got pulled over for speeding, but didn't get a ticket for it. Make you think that he just pulled you over ***** nilly which is a violation of your rights. If he just pulled you over ***** nilly because he figured he could write a ticket for you for something else once he pulled you over on his fishing expedition, then the stop wasn't valid and neither was the ticket you got. luckily, that ticket typically gets dropped once you show up in court and prove you actually have a license.
True, I just got back from the court house today and he didn't write the statute on the ticket nor is it in the system yet ( since I got it last night) so it makes us a discrepancy ticket which requires court. But the lady said if the officer includes the statue when he puts it in the system then I can just show them at the court house and be done with it.
Impuls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:50 PM   #68
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,672
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impuls View Post
It was on six but DIY suggested turning it off for now. if you have overrun on how does the auto tune VE feature handle the leaning out?
Tunerstudio ignores it and changes nothing because it knows you are in overrun.

I don't let it autotune my idle though. It tends to make mine want to oscillate so I do idle manually.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #69
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 761
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Tunerstudio ignores it and changes nothing because it knows you are in overrun.

I don't let it autotune my idle though. It tends to make mine want to oscillate so I do idle manually.
I have it set to filter anything below 1500 rpm and 45kpa I believe. So it shouldn't touch any of my idle or overruns. Been doing tuning manually mainly since my AFR signal is all messed up. Which I'm about to post the video of right meow.
Impuls is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Low oil pressure after 1.8 swap and new turbo setup JesseTheNoob DIY Turbo Discussion 15 09-30-2015 03:44 PM
why is my car running like pewp? (tune/datalog) itsMikey MSPNP 3 09-28-2015 07:40 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:19 AM.