Reverant, 1.3.0 FW? - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2014, 01:07 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
DNMakinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 2,695
Total Cats: 267
Default Reverant, 1.3.0 FW?

As my car has been down for TURBO, I have not yet moved the MS3 from 1.2.3 to 1.2.4 firmware.

Now 1.3.0 is out. Should I jump on up to that?
DNMakinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:40 PM   #2
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

I haven't tried it yet, so I can't comment.
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Warrington/Birmingham
Posts: 2,658
Total Cats: 39
Default

FWIW it works fine on my car.

You'll loose some idle settings though so will have to manually input them. You'll have have to re-tune the PID idle settings, and position the 'slider' appropriately.
richyvrlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
Elite Member
Thread Starter
 
DNMakinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 2,695
Total Cats: 267
Default

Thanks. After I have car running again, I'll try it out.
DNMakinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #5
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 107
Total Cats: 11
Default

I just upgraded to the 1.3 on my rev built ms3. Using a fm 36-2 wheel and it's working flawlessly.
ryanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 11:38 AM   #6
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr View Post
I just upgraded to the 1.3 on my rev built ms3. Using a fm 36-2 wheel and it's working flawlessly.
Awesome. Are you using the 36-2 decoder with an NB cam sync, or did you set it up as a missing tooth wheel without cam sync (or single tooth cam sync)?
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:58 PM   #7
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 107
Total Cats: 11
Default

Fm 36-2 wheel with stock nb crank and cam sensors. Just used 36-2 miata at the bottom of the list in the ignition options. Fired right up on the first try.
And as of a couple days ago I am now running it full sequential ignition with ls2 coils. Idles smoother than stock.
ryanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Awesome. Are you using the 36-2 decoder with an NB cam sync, or did you set it up as a missing tooth wheel without cam sync (or single tooth cam sync)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanr View Post
Fm 36-2 wheel with stock nb crank and cam sensors. Just used 36-2 miata at the bottom of the list in the ignition options. Fired right up on the first try.
And as of a couple days ago I am now running it full sequential ignition with ls2 coils. Idles smoother than stock.
Ben, I know you guys were testing an alternative trigger wheel at DIY. Was it the FM 36-2? If so do you know if they got it working with VVT? It is awesome to hear that it is running perfect with sequential fuel and spark.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:25 PM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 107
Total Cats: 11
Default

Mine is running flawlessly with vvt. Once I got all the pid settings dialed in vvt control is rock solid with the 36-2 wheel.
ryanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #10
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Ben, I know you guys were testing an alternative trigger wheel at DIY. Was it the FM 36-2? If so do you know if they got it working with VVT? It is awesome to hear that it is running perfect with sequential fuel and spark.
Yes, tested on my own car -- I was just unaware of anyone else running it.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Belgium
Posts: 939
Total Cats: 59
Default

Why would you want to go from the stock sensors to the 36-2? Only for the increased resolution?
WestfieldMX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:10 AM   #12
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestfieldMX5 View Post
Why would you want to go from the stock sensors to the 36-2? Only for the increased resolution?
Theoretical benefit from increased resolution.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.8 TB/TPS for use with 1.6 wiring Elfering MEGAsquirt 17 12-16-2016 07:44 PM
Prepping my '95 for track asmasm Build Threads 82 05-26-2016 05:37 PM
MS3 or MSPNP Pro konmo MEGAsquirt 22 11-05-2015 03:32 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
mslabs MS2 - Idle control issue ndragun MEGAsquirt 0 09-20-2015 11:28 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 PM.