mspnp and wideband - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MSPNP MSPNP specific Megasquirt related discussion.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default mspnp and wideband

i have my wideband hooked up to the megasquirt. white wire to pin 8. but my megasquirt isnt reading what my wideband is reading.

ive got the car to idle perfectly at 1k rpms at 13.2:1 afr but the megasquirt is reading -19:1 for an afr.

is there some memo i missed on how to make it read what the wideband is saying??

Last edited by bayside blue; 09-25-2010 at 05:47 PM.
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayside blue View Post
is there some memo i missed on how to make it read what the wideband is saying??
Yes, however it is cleverly disguised as the documentation: http://megasquirtpnp.com/models/mm96...tm#Section_Two

Pin 8 of the center connector is just an internal header pin that goes nowhere. Pin 10 is the alternate O2 input, and of course you'll need to ensure that the stock sensor is disconnected to use that.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Yes, however it is cleverly disguised as the documentation: http://megasquirtpnp.com/models/mm96...tm#Section_Two

Pin 8 of the center connector is just an internal header pin that goes nowhere. Pin 10 is the alternate O2 input, and of course you'll need to ensure that the stock sensor is disconnected to use that.
it says pin 10 is the launch control input. i did switch the settings in megatuner to run wideband and have the right wideband selected.

megatune reads exactly what my wideband says, but tuner studio is way off

right now my idle is 16:1 on my wideband and TS says its bouncing between -31 and -34
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

You will need to correctly set up your project properties in TunerStudio. File > Project > Project Properties. EGO type is under the Settings tab.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:14 PM   #5
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayside blue View Post
it says pin 10 is the launch control input.
Ah, so it does.

(recovers from embarrassment.)

I must admit that I'd been looking at the documentation for the '94-'95 system which, like the '90-'93, has O2 is pin 10 and Launch is pin 12. For some reason, I assumed that DIY had made the '96-'97 models compatible with the rest of them.

How silly of me.

I'll just have another drink now.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
You will need to correctly set up your project properties in TunerStudio. File > Project > Project Properties. EGO type is under the Settings tab.
this ended up kinda helping. i had to select one of the innovate wideband selections in order for it to be fairly close even tho im using a AEM. then i spent a good 15 minutes going thru all the EGO switch points to get it closer. im still off by .1 to .5 at times but VE analyze works 10x better now that its reading right lol

thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Ah, so it does.

(recovers from embarrassment.)

I must admit that I'd been looking at the documentation for the '94-'95 system which, like the '90-'93, has O2 is pin 10 and Launch is pin 12. For some reason, I assumed that DIY had made the '96-'97 models compatible with the rest of them.

How silly of me.

I'll just have another drink now.
its all good lol
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Ah, so it does.

(recovers from embarrassment.)

I must admit that I'd been looking at the documentation for the '94-'95 system which, like the '90-'93, has O2 is pin 10 and Launch is pin 12. For some reason, I assumed that DIY had made the '96-'97 models compatible with the rest of them.

How silly of me.

I'll just have another drink now.
It's not that we intentionally made things inconsistent. The 90-95 cars use a 2 socket ECU header where the 96-97 cars have a 3 socket ECU header. The 3rd socket that Mazda added is the 16-pin plug that we used for spare I/O for the 90-93 and 94-95 models. So for the 96-97 MSPNP, being unable to use the same 16 pin socket for spare I/O and retain plug and play functionality both at the same time, we had to shift the spare I/O to the remaining 12-pin plug on the 76 pin connector.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:26 AM   #8
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayside blue View Post
this ended up kinda helping. i had to select one of the innovate wideband selections in order for it to be fairly close even tho im using a AEM. then i spent a good 15 minutes going thru all the EGO switch points to get it closer. im still off by .1 to .5 at times but VE analyze works 10x better now that its reading right lol

thank you
The AEMs are fairly notorious for their actual output curve not matching their published curve. The quick pick setup options are based off published data.
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:53 PM   #9
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
It's not that we intentionally made things inconsistent.
I know, I was just very embarrassed and needed to give someone some ****.

And yes, I observed the same output offset when I was running an AEM. Never could the MSs calibration quite tweaked to match it. Finally binned it and installed an LC1. The error that bayside notes is consistent with me experience.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1996 Turbo Build Goldwar DIY Turbo Discussion 2 09-29-2015 10:20 AM
wiring wideband ground to battery terminal btabor ECUs and Tuning 10 09-28-2015 06:33 PM
Missing/knock at idle, can someone point me in the right direction? Mikel MEGAsquirt 4 09-28-2015 05:46 PM
why is my car running like pewp? (tune/datalog) itsMikey MSPNP 3 09-28-2015 07:40 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:26 AM.