Need Help setting up PNP2 on my 95 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MSPNP MSPNP specific Megasquirt related discussion.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default Need Help setting up PNP2 on my 95

Installed according to the manual. configured iat. checked timing. calibrated tps. set my afr table to a lc1 wideband. and it starts up but runs like ****. it wont stay idleing, but if you blip the throttle it will stay alive and will stay alive if you hold the pedal past idle.
And i have no rpm on my cluster. solution?

And if there is a thread for a more in depth install or how to configure this that would be great. i've searched and i honestly cant find ****. which is kinda sad... and is there a real user manual for the megasquirt?
Rennat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #2
Supporting Vendor
 
Matt Cramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,266
Total Cats: 51
Default

What size injectors are there? Can you post a MSQ and data log?

I take it you've seen the MSPNP manual?

MegaSquirtPNP by DIYAutoTune.com
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,846
Total Cats: 1,787
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
And if there is a thread for a more in depth install or how to configure this that would be great. i've searched and i honestly cant find ****. which is kinda sad... and is there a real user manual for the megasquirt?
which is about the same amount of info you've given us back to help you...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #4
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Its an all stock 95 miata. stock injectors(254cc). stock fuel pump, the only "mod" i have is a custom cat-less cat-back i made before i bought this.

I did find a more in depth manual for the plug and play but i believe it was for the version one not version two.

The link you posted up for the MSPNP2 is fine.. but it says nothing regarding warm up enrichment, after start enrichment, or anything related to starting the car.

And I just got my new innovate mtx-l that im going to hopefully install tomorrow. The MSQ im using is the one that comes with the 9495 PNP2 unit. What would you like me to log tomorrow after wiring in the new wideband?

My other questions are how do i get my rpm gauge to work on my cluster... this baffles me why it doesnt work when its a "plug and play" unit...

Do i have to run the idle control valve? I know there is the set screw on the side and seeing as how i have no a/c is it really needed in my application? The reason I ask is because im eventually going full 99 motor with ITBS that im rebuilding and would like to work the idle without the electrical stuff.

how do i run sequential... because ive found zero info on this, from my understanding my 95 was wired from the factory to run this, but theres not one thread that goes over how to setup sequential properly.

and another idea i just had was that i have a set of 99 injectors sitting here, and there suppose to be a better design... is it worth swapping those in there instead of oem 95 injectors?
Rennat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:04 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Total Cats: -3
Default

Your 95 is sequential from the get go. I would strongly recommend grabbing the base map from DIY's website for that car, upload and start it. The MSPNP2 is just about as PNP as you can get if your car is stock. In theory, you should be able to load that base map and start it without touching anything.
wolfram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #6
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

No offense but you obviously didn't read a thing I posted. I did exactly what you said when I first installed it. And I got a car that fired up and then died. And sequential isn't enabled in the mspnp from the get go so im not sure of its firing that way.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfram View Post
Your 95 is sequential from the get go. I would strongly recommend grabbing the base map from DIY's website for that car, upload and start it. The MSPNP2 is just about as PNP as you can get if your car is stock. In theory, you should be able to load that base map and start it without touching anything.
Rennat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 110
Total Cats: -3
Default

Best of luck to ya.
wolfram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #8
Supporting Vendor
 
Matt Cramer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,266
Total Cats: 51
Default

Can you post a MSQ and data log?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennat View Post
The link you posted up for the MSPNP2 is fine.. but it says nothing regarding warm up enrichment, after start enrichment, or anything related to starting the car.
These are covered in the MS2/Extra manual.

Megasquirt MSEXTRA Manual Index

Quote:
My other questions are how do i get my rpm gauge to work on my cluster... this baffles me why it doesnt work when its a "plug and play" unit...
The reason is that some '95s have ECU controlled tachometers and most do not. We have tach output disabled by default. You'll need to enable it from the Tacho Output Pin menu if you have the rare "95 1/2" version.

Quote:
Do i have to run the idle control valve? I know there is the set screw on the side and seeing as how i have no a/c is it really needed in my application? The reason I ask is because im eventually going full 99 motor with ITBS that im rebuilding and would like to work the idle without the electrical stuff.
You'll gain more drivability but it is not mandatory.

Quote:
how do i run sequential... because ive found zero info on this, from my understanding my 95 was wired from the factory to run this, but theres not one thread that goes over how to setup sequential properly.
It should be enabled... please post your MSQ.

Quote:
and another idea i just had was that i have a set of 99 injectors sitting here, and there suppose to be a better design... is it worth swapping those in there instead of oem 95 injectors?
Not if you're planning to go turbo.
Matt Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Changing from 460cc to flow force 610cc in diypnp 90 Turbo MEGAsquirt 19 10-19-2015 04:23 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM
1996 Turbo Build Goldwar DIY Turbo Discussion 2 09-29-2015 10:20 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:47 PM.