Stewart Development revalved Bilstein group buy feeler - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #21
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

It's $700 for custom or SM, I have not asked for a discount off of the SM price. I think he has offered us a great price on custom. I'm not asking for any more since I can't even guarantee him that there will be enough people on here to buy the custom revalved shocks. It's a $312 discount from FCM. You can debate the expertise, but I will gamble. I think Stewart Development knows their ****. Give him a call
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:17 PM   #22
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

I will now try to get all of the answers that you need, but please be very specific with your questions.

This is a serious group buy attempt. We need 10 people. So please be specific with questions. I will post all of the answers to the questions publicly. I am going to extend this group buy to m.net and clubroadster.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:37 PM   #23
Junior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 332
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I will now try to get all of the answers that you need, but please be very specific with your questions.

This is a serious group buy attempt. We need 10 people. So please be specific with questions. I will post all of the answers to the questions publicly. I am going to extend this group buy to m.net and clubroadster.
You'll have to be a "temp sponsor" for group buys over at CR
longuyen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longuyen88 View Post
You'll have to be a "temp sponsor" for group buys over at CR
You still "in" at the $700 price?
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 PM   #25
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
Sorry, no

The price will include 4 custom revalved bilstein shocks. He has not given me a number of people needed to get this price, so I am doing a feeler.

Sorry, I'm just retarded.. or used to everyone making you supply your own shocks.

So, basically, this group buy, you give him all your info, and he sends you the shocks to your specs, END..? No sending in the Bilsteins of my car, no down time, etc?

Because 700 is a screaming deal in that case, as I'll get over 1/2 back on the resale of my current setup. If indeed this is right, and I'm only 1/2 retarded, I'm in like flynn.
chance91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:23 PM   #26
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

"Screaming deal" or not depends on the resulting dyno curve.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #27
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chance91 View Post
Sorry, I'm just retarded.. or used to everyone making you supply your own shocks.

So, basically, this group buy, you give him all your info, and he sends you the shocks to your specs, END..? No sending in the Bilsteins of my car, no down time, etc?

Because 700 is a screaming deal in that case, as I'll get over 1/2 back on the resale of my current setup. If indeed this is right, and I'm only 1/2 retarded, I'm in like flynn.
yes, 4 new shocks, revalved to your specs, you don't send in shocks. You will have a total of 8 shocks after you get in on this group buy.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
AbeFM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,048
Total Cats: 8
Default

Er, *can* you just send in your shocks? Get a price for that.

I'm pretty wary. I had bilstien do mine, and honestly it's the worst riding car I EVER had. Now I've got the koni's back in, and even though their "max" spring is 2/3 what I have, it's still awesome.

I'd be in if it's in the ballpark of what bilstien gets for it, even if I AM eating the cost and destroying a set of shocks which is custom and fresh and has probably 500 miles on them.
AbeFM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #29
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
the $700 is with new bilstiens. otherwise it's $65 a shock.
Think that is the price/ shock if you send them in, plus both ways shipping, obviously.

Why not just sell your old ones and get new ones? It can't be losing out on much, in the end. Plus if you have a set of bilstein's & koni's to sell, you should recoup the whole cost anyway?
chance91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:25 AM   #30
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
"Screaming deal" or not depends on the resulting dyno curve.
What graph do want. Please be specific

FYI: Clients in SM: Drago, ART, Meathead, BSI, RPP, Long Road Race, Advanced, and so on....

The 2 NASCAR Championships: Bobby Hamilton, Truck Series 2004; Kevin Harvick, Nationwide Series 2006. He traveled with nascar for 3 years.

Custom revalve without shocks is $100 per shock, SM revalve is $60 per shock

This revalve adjusts the car with the low speed side of the shock
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Where_the_graph_comes_from..pdf (76.4 KB, 167 views)
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #31
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbeFM View Post
Er, *can* you just send in your shocks? Get a price for that.

I'm pretty wary. I had bilstien do mine, and honestly it's the worst riding car I EVER had. Now I've got the koni's back in, and even though their "max" spring is 2/3 what I have, it's still awesome.

I'd be in if it's in the ballpark of what bilstien gets for it, even if I AM eating the cost and destroying a set of shocks which is custom and fresh and has probably 500 miles on them.
I'm sure you've wasted more money on less sure bets. I'm a physicist. It takes a lot to convince me that something is good/bad. If I'm on board, it can't be that bad. I'm paid to be skeptical. Since when has this site become so cynical about lesser known brands that offer solid prices? I could buy a manifold, DP, and exhaust from FM or BEGi. Artech is building all of it for me. Good guy, awesome prices, and quality appears to be legit. I have no tangible proof that my new exhaust, manifold, and dp are going to be good, but I know that they are!
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:28 AM   #32
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
What graph do want. Please be specific
What I meant was, what F-V characteristic curve is he going to target?
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:19 AM   #33
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
What I meant was, what F-V characteristic curve is he going to target?
I can ask him tomorrow if you want? i'm going to talk to him about this and see what he can offer.
chance91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:58 AM   #34
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

If I do it I'm sending in my old set, maybe 2-sets.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:25 AM   #35
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Alright Hustler, I'll remove you from the list.

Last edited by miatauser884; 03-05-2010 at 08:55 PM.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:27 AM   #36
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
What I meant was, what F-V characteristic curve is he going to target?
I would imagine that their will be multiple curves depending on what the customer wants. "Custom" remember. What's optimal for you will not be optimal for me. Call Stewart. You are ten digits away from finding out all you could want and getting a phenomenal product for a great price.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:37 AM   #37
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Lisle, IL
Posts: 296
Total Cats: 0
Default

Any chance of getting the group buy discount extended for those of us interested in just the custom re-valving???
sn95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:45 AM   #38
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn95 View Post
Any chance of getting the group buy discount extended for those of us interested in just the custom re-valving???
I'll look into it. There seems to be a lot of interest in this.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:15 PM   #39
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Custom revalve your old shocks for $80 per shock. 20% discount.

I'll create two lists

This "feeler" will be evaluated on 3-14-2010 to see if we have enough participants.

Last edited by miatauser884; 02-26-2010 at 12:25 PM.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #40
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I would imagine that their will be multiple curves depending on what the customer wants. "Custom" remember. What's optimal for you will not be optimal for me.
This is what I mean. Does *he* design the curves or can you spec the curves? You could give the same car, spring, and usage specs to 5 different guys and you get 5 different opinions on what the "correct" damping curve is.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
WTB Bellhousing Bolts patsmx5 WTB 1 10-01-2015 10:43 AM
Any pnp megasquirt for 2001 Big_gumby WTB 0 09-30-2015 04:34 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.