Wheels and Tires All things related to Miata Wheels and Tires.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best 15x9 0 offest option?

 
Old 01-15-2015, 11:59 AM
  #1  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default Best 15x9 0 offest option?

6uls 9s might now work on an Exocet and I don't want to run 30mm spacers. What are some good 15x9 0 offset options? So far I have found Tracklite Holeshot and Rota Grid Vs.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 01-15-2015, 11:34 PM
  #2  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by boostedchicken View Post
Rota Grid V is always a positive vote for me.
You have 15 post and -5... Your opinion means nothing here.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 AM
  #3  
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 379
Total Cats: 24
Default

I wish those Traklites were a little better looking for you Exocet guys. There is a dearth of any lightweight/performance oriented in 15x9 ET0.

Are you dead set on 9's or would something in a 15x8 et20 work? Like Konigs, or the RPF-1s that just came out in that size?
OneTwo is offline  
Old 01-16-2015, 11:38 AM
  #4  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 6,029
Total Cats: 1,745
Default

Originally Posted by OneTwo View Post
I wish those Traklites were a little better looking for you Exocet guys. There is a dearth of any lightweight/performance oriented in 15x9 ET0.

Are you dead set on 9's or would something in a 15x8 et20 work? Like Konigs, or the RPF-1s that just came out in that size?
There is a dearth of wheels in that fitment because the smart people that make cars figured out negative scrub radius in like 1962. No car built in the last 30 years or so is built around 0 offset. I suggest bolt in hub adapters and whatever lightweight wheel suits. Custom CNC or 3 piece wheels are the $$$ option to get super concave centers.
__________________


www.facebook.com/SuperMiata

949RACING.COM Home of the 6UL wheel

.27 SNR
emilio700 is offline  
Old 01-16-2015, 12:22 PM
  #5  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,347
Total Cats: 85
Default

If you can go up to 15x10 your options open up immensely because circle track. The lightest of those options that arent silly expensive do involve wide 5 to 4x100 adapters though.
Leafy is offline  
Old 01-17-2015, 12:50 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Tegelen, the Netherlands
Posts: 74
Total Cats: -8
Default

The only "legit" wheel that isn't custom made I can think of that is light and has a low offset is the Volk TE37v.
Opgedronken is offline  
Old 01-18-2015, 11:52 PM
  #7  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
There is a dearth of wheels in that fitment because the smart people that make cars figured out negative scrub radius in like 1962. No car built in the last 30 years or so is built around 0 offset. I suggest bolt in hub adapters and whatever lightweight wheel suits. Custom CNC or 3 piece wheels are the $$$ option to get super concave centers.
These are things I'm very aware of and hoping with the right spring. shock stiffness, and camber we can run a 6ul with 10 or 15mm spacers without rubbing without sacrificing handling.


Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
If you can go up to 15x10 your options open up immensely because circle track. The lightest of those options that arent silly expensive do involve wide 5 to 4x100 adapters though.
Don't think It would fit but will look into it. Wondering if a 245 A7 with a 1600lb car would not over heat in a 20 or 50 minute race. Know some Vett guys that use to do a6 with over sized tires to keep them cool. They would wreck house.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 08:01 AM
  #8  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,347
Total Cats: 85
Default

If the IT guys are able to keep 225 A6s on the front of their 2000lb+ fwd cars for a 20-30 minute sprint race with some tire management I dont see why you couldnt do it with a 1600lb better balanced car with wider tires. Now I'm not sure why you would want to run A7s on a car like this they're expensive, only fast fast for a couple weekends, and what are you trying win here. Hey brahs I won the HPDE I'm so good a driving I wore my fire suit the whole day, even to dinner after so that everyone would know how great I am.
Leafy is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 AM
  #9  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
If the IT guys are able to keep 225 A6s on the front of their 2000lb+ fwd cars for a 20-30 minute sprint race with some tire management I dont see why you couldnt do it with a 1600lb better balanced car with wider tires. Now I'm not sure why you would want to run A7s on a car like this they're expensive, only fast fast for a couple weekends, and what are you trying win here. Hey brahs I won the HPDE I'm so good a driving I wore my fire suit the whole day, even to dinner after so that everyone would know how great I am.
NASA ST3 wheel 2 wheel. The Maxxas rc1 are my HPDE instructing tires.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:03 AM
  #10  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,347
Total Cats: 85
Default

Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
NASA ST3 wheel 2 wheel. The Maxxas rc1 are my HPDE instructing tires.
The Exocet is actually competitively classed?
Leafy is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 10:39 AM
  #11  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,796
Total Cats: 31
Default

^ yep it's st2 with a turbo.
__________________
OG Racing
Your Source For Motorsports Safety Equipment
WWW.OGRACING.COM
800.934.9112
703.430.3303
[email protected]
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Hopefully so, but let's hope it's never necessary. Experiencing your safety gear in action is ... not optimal.
OGRacing is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 12:32 PM
  #12  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,050
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
The Exocet is actually competitively classed?
It wont be with the stock motor, bolt ons, and MS but should be with a k20/24 and at the 9:1 class limit. Boost and anything over 1.9 adds penalties weight. Estimated 175whp limit with k24, 180whp with k20 but we don't have our final comp weight yet.
jeff_man is offline  
Old 01-19-2015, 03:27 PM
  #13  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (1)
 
OGRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,796
Total Cats: 31
Default

Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
If you can go up to 15x10 your options open up immensely because circle track. The lightest of those options that arent silly expensive do involve wide 5 to 4x100 adapters though.
15x8 Wide 5 = 14lbs

Phillips Motor Sports - Aero Racing Wheels


i Google-d "Wide 5 4x100 wheel adapters" and it looks like they are everywhere.


i might be thinking out loud here...
Attached Thumbnails Best 15x9 0 offest option?-5554394608_86415c4107_z.jpg  
__________________
OG Racing
Your Source For Motorsports Safety Equipment
WWW.OGRACING.COM
800.934.9112
703.430.3303
[email protected]
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Hopefully so, but let's hope it's never necessary. Experiencing your safety gear in action is ... not optimal.

Last edited by OGRacing; 01-19-2015 at 03:38 PM.
OGRacing is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Rick02R
WTB
3
01-03-2016 07:18 PM
bogaut
Miata parts for sale/trade
6
09-23-2015 03:28 AM
tottestad
Miata parts for sale/trade
18
09-14-2015 07:52 PM
Neddy
Race Prep
5
09-08-2015 03:13 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best 15x9 0 offest option?


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.