Check out the wool tufts on the wing. I wool tuft tested all the bonnet vents, then i did fastback, and the wing. everything checked out really well with attached flow, and in the direction i expected. The wing worked so well, beyond what i could have imagined. Need some front aero now. Massive understeer all day. You can see in the pic i dropped the aoa down as low as i could get it to get some steering back.
This was the last round of the victorian super sprint at winton. I did a 1:38.00, only 1.2 seconds slower than my old stripped out turbo race car. Out of all the turbo guys only one guy has beaten that time by a couple of tenths. So it was really moving. Considering this is a stock 1.8 no turbo.
The shipping would be a bigger problem than the choice of material
A 2D file for a waterjet would be a fantastic contribution to the community, to make a fast copy of the plug in any plastic sheet. But that assumes that the plug sheet is still available in 2D form (and someone want to spend some time measuring it without compensation).
The fastback wool test showed all the wool lying flat in the right direction with no movement. So good laminar attached flow. They would not allow me to mount a camera outside the car. So a friend drove really close behind me and video'd it, as well as watched what was happening. Same with the wing, the whole under side from the front to back had wool, all was sticking to the underside, and the ones you see in the pic is the last few. That fast back is just the add on piece. Not the one piece that I am still making.
The hood is oem with some bits cut and bent.
The c.f panels are 2 layers of about 200g twill, and a core layer of soric. The fastback is a very important piece of the aero package.