02-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Join Date: May 2008
Total Cats: 0
On-going problem with turbo miata!
Having a problem with my miata, really puzzling me it is!
Basically the symptoms are:
- Missfiring, sometimes more often than others and only when you really open the throttle
- Hunting on Idle til warm then idling really low (around 600rpm)
- Kagarooing in low rpms when driving
- I have a AFR guage and the readings can go a bit crazy sometimes
- I have noticed the Idle control valve makes no difference on idle
I have changed the leads and spark plugs recently (couple of months) as i did have a missfire caused by faulty leads which did solve that problem, I did assume this issue could be a possible vaccuum leak but ive been doing the spray testing with WD40 and i cannot find anything!!
I have plugged my laptop into my megasquirt and looking at the Megatune gauges i have noticed that the AFR readings on there are well off compared to my AFR guage, also shows my MAP is reading 30kpa on the low 600rpm idle but when hunting around 1000rpm it is 34kpa.
Hope someone can help me diagnose my problem!