Went out there again today just to start on my coolant reroute, I thought I had a block off plate for the front but sadly I didn't so the waiting begins again ha, what else is new, but for the AC stuff I got a lot done today.
Went a little further today, thought I had to take the dash out but I was very happy I didn't need to.
Went to the passenger side and starting taking the glove box out.
The bolts to bolt these in are pretty easy to find, 1 up top, 1 down low and 2 little connectors.
Curious to know what those are for, reason I'm so curious is the new condenser I have doesn't have a place to put them. Guess I'll either be returning the new one or it isn't super important but I'll find out one day.
Then took out the first box and opened it up, the little clips on it are easy, just place the flat head screw driver into the pieces and pry up they will stay on the flathead, vs just flying.
When I looked inside, I was very happy I decided to get a new condenser.
Just dirt dirt and more pine needles.
Once I took it apart I pulled the new condenser out and compared the 2
This piece was sticking out of the old condenser but nothing like that on the new, this is where the little green wires show but once again just not sure what they are really for.
Anywhoo replaced all the old stuff and replaced it with the new one, and just head wrapped the little temp piece since I didn't know what it was made out of but I figured it can't hurt.
Just looks so much better with the new one in there
Then I started to put it back in and realized the other side probably could use the same cleaning. So out came the second side. It was similar to the other side to get out. Pulled it out and disassembled, and mainly screws were holding it together.
Just looks filthy... So I took it apart and took the piece off, it is a flapper door with 2 screws at the bottom holding it in. Then a shield holding the flapper in. It is a solid piece of medal with this brown filth all over it.
Then I took it apart further and realized that the arm that opens and closes that flapper door was kind of clunky, and so I took it apart, and saw old grease, so I went ahead cleaned that out and replaced it with new grease.
Then need to look up a couple ways on getting something new and clean on there. Once I get that I will put it together.
Eventually I will take the dash out once I move again and will just clean it all down inside.
Also filled the compressor with PAC 100 3.1 fl oz and slowly turned the compressor as it was being filled to lubricate all the internals as well.
Now back to the reroute I got Alex from Speedworksgarage to make me a Kia waterneck to my specs.
I wanted to be able to remove the front waterneck all together and just block it off for a cleaner look. So started taking it all apart only to realize the blockoff plate I thought I had before ordering the waterneck was not big enough so I am having Alex make me one, and that will give me time to look up more stuff that i need.
I have an inline thermostat I forgot to take pictures of but that's in there too. So I need to get the back bolt off and replace that too, but the turbo will still be watercooled with the -6 an fitting, I can still have heat if wanted, and makes life easy.
That's it for now I will get more stuff done tomorrow hopefully.