Trayvon Martin: What say y'all? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 12:57 PM   #41
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

I think this "string 'em up" BS is BS.

Why give a crap about one lousy murder in particular. gay.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #42
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,165
Total Cats: 2,573
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
look up the stats on black on black murders. then lol at everything he says in the video.
exactly what I did
Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Lol at this white-devil propagandist media -----. Been to a cross burning recently?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I only go to the gym to be able to lift crosses.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

tl;dr

Will bet money 95% of people that think he just shot black kid for being black think he's a white guy. Hell i didn't even realize he was a hispanic tell i decided to stop and read some facts.

Also love how MLK Jr. own relatives are saying Jackson and Sharpton are ------- it up for black people, making them look bad and need to stfu.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:52 PM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
The world would be a better place if we could get rid of some Flridians actually if they took a lot of the south with them it would help too.

Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
That's hate speech, Bob.

I have determined that Bob is a racist against non-whites. How did I come to this conclusion? Well, according to US demographic information, Florida has a higher percentage of its population that is non-white versus Washington state* (Bob's apparent state of preference). Therefore, he wants to "get rid of" (code for drag behind a pickup truck) "some Floridians" (code for non-whites).


I have a call in to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to address this hate speech.


*See page 18

Last edited by Scrappy Jack; 03-30-2012 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Fixed typo re: Bob's state and added source for data
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #45
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,814
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

I thought they were called Canadians.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:06 PM   #46
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,814
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Meanwhile in real news:

"For years, American manufacturers have faced one of the highest tax rates in the world. We want to reduce that by over 20%. We want to drop the rate, particularly, for high-tech manufacturers like you, Mr. President, even further than the 20%," Vice President Joe Biden said at a manufacturing plant in Davenport, Iowa this week.

"We want to create a global minimum tax, because American taxpayers shouldn't be providing a larger subsidy for investing abroad than investing at home," Biden said at a campaign event.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #47
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4,165
Total Cats: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
Oh yeah... and I'm leaving for El Salvador in a couple hours... will be gone the whole month of April, so good luck.
Good luck Sam, have fun in El Salvador.
Talk to yeah in July or September.
gearhead_318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:28 PM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Props to you, Scrappy.

Asfor my 2c on this:

Both sides want to get outraged. As an example, you see conservatives dredging up that Trayvon got suspended from school for having a bag with traces of Marijuana years ago - wtf does that have to do with being shot?

Counter-example: BLAAAACCK OUUTTRAAAGE, RACIIISSSMMM! from the other side.

Dude who shot Trayvon needs to have something more than just the token investigation because his story doesn't match up with the physical evidence nor witness testimony. People are getting their panties in a bunch because they want to get their panties in a bunch over something though - and this goes for both sides.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #49
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,814
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
because his story doesn't match up with the physical evidence nor witness testimony.

but it does...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
but it does...
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...at-do-we-know/

Impartial sources disagree with you, Brainy.

I'm not really up for arguing on this though Brainy. It's full of stupid. People who want to get outraged on both sides are just getting outraged over it when this sort of ---- happens all the time.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #51
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,315
Total Cats: 1,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
[I]"We want to create a global minimum tax"
I chuckled.

I understand what he meant, but I initially interpreted "global" to mean, well "global." As in "applied globally", where "global", as defined by Webster, means "of, relating to, or involving the entire world."

Meaning Biden wants to tax the entire world. And actually, I'm cool with that.

This is, amusingly, exactly what the author of "Nuke the Moon: A Realistic Plan for World Peace" proposed in order to fund a massive increase in US military expenditure. Specifically, an "other country tax," described as a tax for being a country other than the U.S.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #52
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield IL
Posts: 2,750
Total Cats: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
It's full of stupid. People who want to get outraged on both sides are just getting outraged over it when this sort of ---- happens all the time.

I think for the first time ever, I agree with you on this part quoted above.

Now back to killing Santorum for wanting to kill my ****....
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #53
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

I did hear the other day that for the third time ever in their history the New York Post referred to the shooter by using the phrase "white-Hispanic" WTF?

Had he just won the Nobel peace price I'm going to go out on a limb but they would refer to him as a Hispanic, no mention of the "white" part.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #54
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...at-do-we-know/

Impartial sources disagree with you, Brainy.

I'm not really up for arguing on this though Brainy.
Maybe I am missing something or misunderstanding Zimmerman's side of the story, but I don't see anything in that link that shows an impartial source disagreeing with Zimmerman's version.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #55
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,814
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Impartial sources disagree with you, Brainy.

because they don't want to get murdered themselves...

Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #56
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
Maybe I am missing something or misunderstanding Zimmerman's side of the story, but I don't see anything in that link that shows an impartial source disagreeing with Zimmerman's version.
Video documenting no head injuries on Zimmerman?

Funeral home staff stating Martin had no injuries from any kind of scuffle?
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:03 PM   #57
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,814
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

oh blaen, the voice of reason! case closed. Zimmerman hates people who eat skittles and makes sure they pay for their sins.

Last edited by Braineack; 03-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #58
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Props to you, Scrappy.

Asfor my 2c on this:

Both sides want to get outraged. As an example, you see conservatives dredging up that Trayvon got suspended from school for having a bag with traces of Marijuana years ago - wtf does that have to do with being shot?

Counter-example: BLAAAACCK OUUTTRAAAGE, RACIIISSSMMM! from the other side.

Dude who shot Trayvon needs to have something more than just the token investigation because his story doesn't match up with the physical evidence nor witness testimony. People are getting their panties in a bunch because they want to get their panties in a bunch over something though - and this goes for both sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
oh blaen, the voice of reason! case closed. Zimmerman hates people who eat skittles and makes sure htey are pay for their sins.
Yes Brainy, whatever you say Brainy.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:23 PM   #59
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

I have nothing to say about this "story". Just one of those stories the media jumped on, and everyone followed them on the bandwagon. I bet you could find similar stories happening several times a day in this country.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #60
Junior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 9
Default

So let me get this straight.
As a private citizen I can follow you on a public street.(even when instructed by LE not to) because you look like you are "up to no good".
Initiate a confrontation that leads to a scuffle and then kill you because I felt threatened? Riiight the kid was a UFC fighter you say? That effectively means I can start a fight with you then shoot you because I felt threatened.
I'm not interested in the racial element of this story but you better believe if you shot my son in my neighbors front yard and all he was carrying was a bag of skittles, you would not be seeing too many more sunrises.

Sharpton, Jesse Jackson et all are annoying but the gun rights nuts who are defending this guy just because he used a gun are just as annoying
kaisersoze is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
7/14/12 track day at ORP curly Media 13 07-24-2012 02:57 PM
Let's play: count the holes Braineack Current Events, News, Politics 13 04-03-2012 06:17 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 AM.