I want your spool data! - Page 18 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want your spool data!

Old 11-07-2018, 10:28 AM
  #341  
Junior Member
 
muoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 383
Total Cats: 60
Default

Originally Posted by muoto View Post
Time to break spool records

Engine: '99 1.9L 9.5:1 84mm supertechs
Turbo: GT2871r .64
Manifold: ARTech™ Ramhorn Top Mount manifold
Downpipe Size/Style: 3.5" homemade
Exhaust Size: 3.5" homemade
Exhaust Components: Magnaflow 5x11x22 muffler
Intercooler Core Size: 550mm x 225mm x 64mm
Intake Manifold: Honda ITR + 70mm TB
Headwork: stock BP4W
Engine Management: Adaptronic E420c
Other Spoolin' Helpers/Hurters: EBC
Trans & Rear End Ratio: 6-speed, 3.6 LSD
Rear tire size: 215/45/16

FIFTH GEAR PULL:

RPM Boost(psi)
2388 2.9
2479 3.9
2575 4.7
2640 5.9
2768 6.9
2868 8.1
2934 8.8
3088 10.5
3158 11.6
3253 13.0
3340 13.9
3384 15.0
Now with VVT head + Skunk2 intake:
2753 3.3
2840 6
2908 8
3011 10.5
3104 12.9
3165 14.7 psi boost

Not bad for a old gt2871r 56trim
muoto is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 04:04 PM
  #342  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 2,444
Total Cats: 759
Default

Now that I have turbos, I will log and post my spool data.

This might give yo guys an idea about my "spool".
I was on a steep uphill, lugged the engine down to 1000 rpm in second gear on purpose, and as soon as I mashed the pedal (at 1000 rpm), I had 3-4 psi.
My boost starts at idle.
Godless Commie is offline  
Old 12-16-2018, 05:13 PM
  #343  
Tweaking Enginerd
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 870
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by Godless Commie View Post
Now that I have turbos, I will log and post my spool data.

This might give yo guys an idea about my "spool".
I was on a steep uphill, lugged the engine down to 1000 rpm in second gear on purpose, and as soon as I mashed the pedal (at 1000 rpm), I had 3-4 psi.
My boost starts at idle.
oooh oooh, let's compare

4:10 + 6speed in 4th on flat ground, 1 bar boost point: 2652 RPM
(I am at 5280ft which means ambient is around 85kpa)

Ted75zcar is online now  
Old 12-16-2018, 05:45 PM
  #344  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Istanbul, Turkey
Posts: 2,444
Total Cats: 759
Default

Originally Posted by Ted75zcar View Post
oooh oooh, let's compare

4:10 + 6speed in 4th on flat ground, 1 bar boost point: 2652 RPM
(I am at 5280ft which means ambient is around 85kpa)
Give me a few weeks.
I can't hit 1 bar yet.
New engine, new setup, just started tuning, so I am taking baby steps with boost.
Max I can see at this point is about 7 - 8 psi.
Godless Commie is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 12:30 AM
  #345  
Tweaking Enginerd
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 870
Total Cats: 103
Default

Might as well make this somewhat official

Chassis: 1991
Engine: '95 block, 83.5 Wiseco 8.5:1, VVT
Turbo: GTX2867R GEN II 0.64a/r
Supercharger: MP62 Gen 4
Manifold: Begi Cast
Downpipe Size/Style: Begi Divorced
Exhaust Size: 3"
Exhaust Components: 3" Enthuza metal cat + catback
Intercooler Core Size TC: Ebay bar/plate 28"x6"x2.5" ?
Intercooler Core Size SC: Unknown core size, Bell Ubercharger FMIC
Intake Manifold: B18 Honda
Headwork: +1mm OS I/Ex, Supertech heavy doubles, mild port/polish, bowl blend, de-shroud
Engine Management: DIYautotune MS3Pro module, Westfield MX5 adapter for NB1, several custom widgets
Other Spoolin' Helpers/Hurters: 5280ft elevation (15% off the top), e85, GM D510c, 4:10:1, compound turbo-super

FIFTH GEAR PULL: (equivalent of a 4th gear pull in a 5-speed car)

RPM Mani-P TC-Boost-P Mani-Boost-P
(rpm) (kpa) (psi) (psi)
1435 83.4 -1.2 0.2
1615 126.8 1.0 6.5
1760 140.6 2.2 8.5
2006 163.5 3.8 11.8
2310 185.8 5.3 15.1
2707 208 10.1 18.3
2931 213.7 14.2 19.2
3112 202.7 14.5 17.5

Last edited by Ted75zcar; 12-19-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Ted75zcar is online now  
Old 12-19-2018, 08:51 AM
  #346  
Design Engineer
iTrader: (1)
 
DNMakinson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seneca, SC
Posts: 3,220
Total Cats: 412
Default

Originally Posted by Ted75zcar View Post
Might as well make this somewhat official

Chassis: 1991
Engine: '95 block, 83.5 Wiseco 8.5:1, VVT
Turbo: GTX2867R GEN II 0.64a/r
Supercharger: MP62 Gen 4
Manifold: Begi Cast
Downpipe Size/Style: Begi Divorced
Exhaust Size: 3"
Exhaust Components: 3" Enthuza metal cat + catback
Intercooler Core Size TC: Ebay bar/plate 28"x6"x2.5" ?
Intercooler Core Size SC: Unknown core size, Bell Ubercharger FMIC
Intake Manifold: B18 Honda
Headwork: +1mm OS I/Ex, Supertech heavy doubles, mild port/polish, bowl blend, de-shroud
Engine Management: DIYautotune MS3Pro module, Westfield MX5 adapter for NB1, several custom widgets
Other Spoolin' Helpers/Hurters: 5280ft elevation (15% off the top), e85, GM D510c, 4:10:1

FIFTH GEAR PULL: (equivalent of a 4th gear pull in a 5-speed car)

RPM Mani-P TC-Boost-P Mani-Boost-P
(rpm) (kpa) (psi) (psi)
1435 83.4 -1.2 0.2
1615 126.8 1.0 6.5
1760 140.6 2.2 8.5
2006 163.5 3.8 11.8
2310 185.8 5.3 15.1
2707 208 10.1 18.3
2931 213.7 14.2 19.2
3112 202.7 14.5 17.5
Did you forget to add the SC to the Other Spoolin' Helpers/Hurters section?
DNMakinson is offline  
Old 12-19-2018, 09:12 AM
  #347  
Tweaking Enginerd
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 870
Total Cats: 103
Default

Originally Posted by DNMakinson View Post
Did you forget to add the SC to the Other Spoolin' Helpers/Hurters section?
I listed it above, but I went ahead and updated for clarity. Thanks for the suggestion.
Ted75zcar is online now  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
StratoBlue1109
Miata parts for sale/trade
20
09-30-2018 02:09 PM
Quinn
Cars for sale/trade
6
10-23-2016 08:58 AM
JasonC SBB
ECUs and Tuning
11
10-27-2015 05:56 PM
stefanst
DIY Turbo Discussion
44
09-28-2015 08:16 PM
compuw22c
MEGAsquirt
0
09-14-2015 07:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I want your spool data!


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.