Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wideband issues

 
Old 10-21-2010, 11:36 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 3
Default wideband issues

i have a DIY JAW unit from 14point1 and im having issues

idling my car idles at 15-16 afr, car idled for 10 minutes to warm up before i drove it (cold night)

i went up the road, and afr goes to 12.2 boost, and 17 cruising, but mainly averaged 14-15

after driving for 5 minutes and making some pulls, the display jumped to 30-34afr and stayed there, i rebooted the wideband and it dropped to 19afr for a second then went back to 32-34

the o2 is located 2ft down the downpipe from the turbo.

any ideas?
skullzaflare is offline  
Old 10-21-2010, 11:41 PM
  #2  
Want fries with that?
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 2,011
Total Cats: 1
Default

Blink codes? Any status lights like the LC1 has?
rider384 is offline  
Old 10-21-2010, 11:45 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by rider384 View Post
Blink codes? Any status lights like the LC1 has?
no codes, just numbers run up like warm up but dont come back down
no lights other than lcd, i need to get my serial cable to hook to it
skullzaflare is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 12:32 AM
  #4  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,444
Total Cats: 876
Default

my lc 1 maxes out at 21.7 a/f
triple88a is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:34 AM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
my lc 1 maxes out at 21.7 a/f
i have a jaw with bouch
skullzaflare is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 08:11 AM
  #6  
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 29
Total Cats: 0
Default

i hate widebands they seem to break really fast. that way i use them since i used to tune a lot of hondas. street tuning so everything would be installed temporarily with alligator clips, zip ties you name it. anyway my lc1 was reliable but would mess around too much have to play with it to make it work. then i got a zetronix and it was awesom not a single issue until now its not showing anything at all on the mobile display. i have yet to try hooking to a lap top to see if it reads anything..

if your lc1 has no codes they do offer sometype of warantee you can send it back and they actually service them. or at least they used to when i bought mine.. check the innovate motor-sports web site for more info

http://innovatemotorsports.com/support.php
turbo4life is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 10:35 AM
  #7  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by turbo4life View Post
i hate widebands they seem to break really fast. that way i use them since i used to tune a lot of hondas. street tuning so everything would be installed temporarily with alligator clips, zip ties you name it. anyway my lc1 was reliable but would mess around too much have to play with it to make it work. then i got a zetronix and it was awesom not a single issue until now its not showing anything at all on the mobile display. i have yet to try hooking to a lap top to see if it reads anything..

if your lc1 has no codes they do offer sometype of warantee you can send it back and they actually service them. or at least they used to when i bought mine.. check the innovate motor-sports web site for more info

http://innovatemotorsports.com/support.php
i said i dont have lc1 i had jaw
www.14point1.com
skullzaflare is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:44 PM
  #8  
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,616
Total Cats: 5
Default

Originally Posted by skullzaflare View Post
i said i dont have lc1 i had jaw
www.14point1.com
Uhhhh....14point7.com?
Trent is offline  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:44 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Trent View Post
Uhhhh....14point7.com?
thats what i ment lol, i had just rolled outta bed

seems fine now, i redid the wiring and ground point, seems mostly fine now

now i gotta figure out why im spraying oil out on the exhaust lol
skullzaflare is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
nick470
MEGAsquirt
1
09-30-2015 10:32 PM
interestedofold
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
5
09-29-2015 01:42 PM
Goldwar
DIY Turbo Discussion
2
09-29-2015 09:20 AM
btabor
ECUs and Tuning
10
09-28-2015 05:33 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wideband issues


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.