House Passes Health Care Bill - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2009, 05:07 AM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default House Passes Health Care Bill

It blows my mind that people look at this mess of a plan and actually think "Yeah, thats a good idea, lets do that." I agree what we have now isn't perfect, but a simple overhaul of what we have now would surely be better than what we will be getting. If this does somehow pass in the Senate, I can't wait to be one of the cynical bastards to say "I told you so." Give it a year or two, everyone who was for it will change their minds about it being a good idea.

My favorite part is if I decide to not have health insurance, I'm going to be taxed out of the *** for it, even though I won't be using it. **** YEAH! More taxes, that is exactly what I and everyone else needs. But who knows what is in revision 85,294 of this awful plan. I also love that no one got to read the ******* thing first. Stupid bitch Pelosi told everyone they would have something like 48 hours to read it online, and that never came around. Not just us common people, but most of the people in our crock of **** government also didn't get to read it. Who knows what kind of fucked up stuff is in this thing. The government can't even handle the simplest of tasks, but they think they can somehow tackle an issue this broad with a 1,000+ page plan that no one is going to get to discuss and revise outside of the few people who had their sticky hands in making it.

Really I don't even give a **** anymore. Everyone is the government is corrupt and stupid, and most of the country is equally stupid and follows them blindly. If it becomes reasonably doable for me once I'm done with school to move elsewhere outside of the country, I will do so. This country is a house of cards and half of the cards have already been pulled, its bound to topple in the near future. No amount of bandages will fix our wounds.



I'm not sure if I'm mad at the circumstances or the fact that I have to keep being bothered by this stupid ****. Why can't we just have a competent group of people to lead our country and stop meddling in **** and messing it up for everybody.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Told ya so ... just getting it in there in advance so no one can say I was ever for it.

I'm still happy about getting to say "told ya so" every other day or so concerning the election last year and everyone's hopes/dreams being crushed when I hear them bitching about things going on right now.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

Remember when Obama fixed the economy? Health care is going to be awesome!

Haters will be hater.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

this has the potential to totally ruin people like me who dont have, need or cant afford to spend 10% of there income on healthinsurance, maybe someone will drop a nuke on the capital or something to stop it. I can only hope.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

This bill is to help people like you in this exact situation!!!! Why the hate?!!!
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:48 PM   #6
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
This bill is to help people like you in this exact situation!!!! Why the hate?!!!
Yeah taking all my money is realy gonna help me scot. If I dont want to pay the current market rate for health insurance, at 1/4 what they want me to pay, why would i pay 4 times more for something i will nvr use.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

What are you talking about?! the government is awesome. they are HELPING YOU!
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,362
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
What are you talking about?! the government is awesome. they are HELPING YOU!
This made me lol...


Socialist times here we come!!! I'm so excited!
jtothawhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #9
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

in for health concentration camp
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #10
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

I mean it was just a matter of time. The consitution clearly sates that the government must provide.
Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791.
Note

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.
How more clear can it be? Richard, this clearly says, the government, once large enough to pwn you, has the right to provide anything and everything they want in order to 1. collect taxes, and 2. guarantee votes from lazy ******** in order to stuff wallets of career politicians.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:09 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

I'm glad it passed. It is time for a change. While this may not be the best bill. It takes a necessary step forward that puts the issue in motion.

The truth is that every person in the US has access to health care if they are sick or injured bad enough to need it. There are alos free clinics. I can not attest to the quality of care, but it is there if you don't wish to pay for health insurance.

FWIW: I'm the guy paying for the guy that can't afford insurance. This will have a short term negative impact on my field and possibly my job.

Sometimes you have to take one for the greater good even if it sucks in the short term. I think it will eventually be good. I just hope eventually isn't 10-20 yrs from now.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I'm glad it passed. It is time for a change. While this may not be the best bill. It takes a necessary step forward that puts the issue in motion.

The truth is that every person in the US has access to health care if they are sick or injured bad enough to need it. There are alos free clinics. I can not attest to the quality of care, but it is there if you don't wish to pay for health insurance.

FWIW: I'm the guy paying for the guy that can't afford insurance. This will have a short term negative impact on my field and possibly my job.

Sometimes you have to take one for the greater good even if it sucks in the short term. I think it will eventually be good. I just hope eventually isn't 10-20 yrs from now.
You sir, are an idiot. Enjoy your joblessness/high taxes/sales taxes that will soon go the way of taxes over here in Germany (19% on EVERYTHING) **** this bill and everything else that Pelosi/Obama have come up with thus far. They're implementing all the negative aspects of socialism and not a single one of the very few good things about it.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:28 PM   #13
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
Yeah taking all my money is realy gonna help me scot. If I dont want to pay the current market rate for health insurance, at 1/4 what they want me to pay, why would i pay 4 times more for something i will nvr use.
Thats my feelings. In the last 6 or 7 years, I have only gone to the doctor once. The only time I would have liked to have had insurance, which I did have from my work when I was still working a few months ago, was when I had to go to the ER with kidney stones a month or two ago. I found it interesting that it costs far less for people who don't have insurance. they seem to only charge impossible fees to people with insurance, to get more from the insurance company. Another way our current insurance could improve. So yeah, why am I going to pay almost as much for health insurance as I do for federal taxes if I am not going to use the service. Its bullshit.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I'm glad it passed. It is time for a change. While this may not be the best bill. It takes a necessary step forward that puts the issue in motion.

The truth is that every person in the US has access to health care if they are sick or injured bad enough to need it. There are alos free clinics. I can not attest to the quality of care, but it is there if you don't wish to pay for health insurance.

FWIW: I'm the guy paying for the guy that can't afford insurance. This will have a short term negative impact on my field and possibly my job.

Sometimes you have to take one for the greater good even if it sucks in the short term. I think it will eventually be good. I just hope eventually isn't 10-20 yrs from now.
It will never be eventually good... look at how amazing other things offered by the government are!

Here is a letter someone posted on another forum I frequent.

To the Congress:

The U.S. Postal Service was established in 1775 - you have had 234 years to get it right; it is broke.

Social Security was established in 1935 - you have had 74 years to get it right; it is broke.

Fannie Mae was established in 1938 - you have had 71 years to get it right; it is broke.

The "War on Poverty" started in 1964 - you have had 45 years to get it right; $1 trillion of our money is confiscated each year and transferred to "the poor"; it hasn't worked and our entire country is broke.

Medicare and Medicaid were established in 1965 - you've had 44 years to get it right; they are broke.

Freddie Mac was established in 1970 - you have had 39 years to get it right; it is broke.

Trillions of dollars were spent in the massive political payoffs called TARP, the "Stimulus", the Omnibus Appropriations Act of 2009... none show any signs of working, although ACORN appears to have found a new b***h: the American taxpayer.

And finally, to set a new record:

"Cash for Clunkers" was established in 2009 and went broke in 2009! It took good dependable cars (that were the best some people could afford) and replaced them with high-priced and less-affordable cars, mostly Japanese. A good percentage of the profits went out of the country. And the American taxpayers take the hit for Congress' generosity in burning three billion more of our dollars on failed experiments.

So with a perfect 100% failure rate and a record that proves that "services" you shove down our throats are failing faster and faster, you want Americans to believe you can be trusted with a government-run health care system?

20% of our entire economy?

With all due respect,

Are you f***ing crazy?

NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
So yeah, why am I going to pay almost as much for health insurance as I do for federal taxes if I am not going to use the service. Its bullshit.
Because there are plenty of people out there who choose not to work and thus be able to afford to pay for their insurance themselves that you need to support...You know, SPREAD THE WEALTH....duh!!

I heard Bill Ayers is going to be the Health care czar.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
You sir, are an idiot. Enjoy your joblessness/high taxes/sales taxes that will soon go the way of taxes over here in Germany (19% on EVERYTHING) **** this bill and everything else that Pelosi/Obama have come up with thus far. They're implementing all the negative aspects of socialism and not a single one of the very few good things about it.
I appreciate your opinion, and admire your strong conviction for what you believe is necessary for a positive outcome in our society.

However, I do not appreciate you calling me an "idiot" because our opinions differ. A quick glance below my username should give you a little insight as to whether or not I am truly an "idiot". I hope that your future posts will show some restraint. If not, I hope that the moderators will edit this thread because personal attacks are a sure fire way to quickly derail this thread.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I appreciate your opinion, and admire your strong conviction for what you believe is necessary for a positive outcome in our society.

However, I do not appreciate you calling me an "idiot" because our opinions differ. A quick glance below my username should give you a little insight as to whether or not I am truly an "idiot". I hope that your future posts will show some restraint. If not, I hope that the moderators will edit this thread because personal attacks are a sure fire way to quickly derail this thread.
Moderators editing a post for calling someone an idiot Good luck with that hope. People are called 1000x worse things and it stays.

But really though, while I don't think you are an idiot, I think your opinion is idiotic. I don't understand how anyone could look at this plan, and at how shitty our government has done in the past and still think its going to work out for the better.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Thats my feelings. In the last 6 or 7 years, I have only gone to the doctor once. The only time I would have liked to have had insurance, which I did have from my work when I was still working a few months ago, was when I had to go to the ER with kidney stones a month or two ago. I found it interesting that it costs far less for people who don't have insurance. they seem to only charge impossible fees to people with insurance, to get more from the insurance company. Another way our current insurance could improve. So yeah, why am I going to pay almost as much for health insurance as I do for federal taxes if I am not going to use the service. Its bullshit.
This is my main issue, and the reason why it will have such a negative impact on my job. The difference between medicare and bcbs reimbursement is crazy. The reimbursements from private insurance companies need to be less. When I check a medicare chart the reimbursement is $50, When I check a bcbs chart the reimbursement is $270. Why are insurance premiums so high? The complaint is that revenue will drop substantially if we cut bcbs reimbursements. What I see happening is that the bcbs reimbursement will go down. The medicare reimbursement will go up a little, but Dr's will see more patients (get more revenue) because more people will have access to the same quality healthcare. I think it will take awhile to get right, but eventually it will be better for everyone. All patients get good care, Dr revenue stays the same or increases slightly.

I would love a decrease in premiums, but I think it will go to private or government insurance pool one way or another
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

My last comment about the bill: If it's so damn good and is going to help SOO many people, then WHY please tell me WHY..Pelosi pushed so hard (and was successful at) getting it put into the bill that those who don't buy into it will face 5 years in jail/$250,000 in fines..?

And being an idiot doesn't mean you're not an intelligent person, just that you have no common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster's
id⋅i⋅ot –noun
1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #20
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
This is my main issue, and the reason why it will have such a negative impact on my job. The difference between medicare and bcbs reimbursement is crazy. The reimbursements from private insurance companies need to be less. When I check a medicare chart the reimbursement is $50, When I check a bcbs chart the reimbursement is $270. Why are insurance premiums so high? The complaint is that revenue will drop substantially if we cut bcbs reimbursements. What I see happening is that the bcbs reimbursement will go down. The medicare reimbursement will go up a little, but Dr's will see more patients (get more revenue) because more people will have access to the same quality healthcare. I think it will take awhile to get right, but eventually it will be better for everyone. All patients get good care, Dr revenue stays the same or increases slightly.

I would love a decrease in premiums, but I think it will go to private or government insurance pool one way or another
...and you think this is a good thing? It will not give EVERYONE healthcare, just more of the people who don't. I also love how the government is saying "people who can't afford" when in a lot of the cases, its people who don't want it, like myself. So they are going to force it down our throat, and we will still be left with millions of people who aren't insured. Premiums will go up, and people who had great health care will now only have mediocre care just so the small percentage of people who didn't have healthcare can have it (again, a lot of people by choice who will now be charged for their choice to not have coverage). Socialism in healthcare FTW!!!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
New M62 Miata owner Pist0n Meet and Greet 4 10-01-2015 09:18 PM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.