rokker coilovers - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #21
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: A2, MI
Posts: 474
Total Cats: 0
Default

Raceland and Rokkor are the same company based in the same suite of the same building.
Make sure to call them and talk to I believe Ariana (spelling is diff I believe), stay on the phone until she says "bye bye" - someone told me to do it, never actually did it.
But in person she is "cute"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
If i'm getting the right vibe here, you're paying some one else to install them for you yet you're cheaping out on the parts that you will drive till you replace the car? Buy a REAL kit for 200 bucks more such as the V-maxx from FlyinMiata and install them your self.
Vmaxx is identical to rokkor coilovers and racelands, same quality and no difference in design and parts just a "actual" company that has been around in the miata community for a while decided to take them and sell them under a different name
Dhaark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 AM   #22
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
If i'm getting the right vibe here, you're paying some one else to install them for you yet you're cheaping out on the parts that you will drive till you replace the car? Buy a REAL kit for 200 bucks more such as the V-maxx from FlyinMiata and install them your self.
I try to do all the work I can myself I'm not paying anyone to install them the only reason the clutch was done at a garage was because I didn't have the right tools and It was going to take more then a weekend to do. I'm just cheaping out because I want to save fore a turbo and engine work, also the coils have a good warranty for the price.
ap0calypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:56 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaark View Post
Vmaxx is identical to rokkor coilovers and racelands, same quality and no difference in design and parts just a "actual" company that has been around in the miata community for a while decided to take them and sell them under a different name
See vmaxx got the crappy name because a seller took it, slapped some springs on those shocks and called it a kit... no testing, no data to back it up, nothing made sense so it rode like crap, handled like crap.. kinda like the ricelands and the rest of the ebay knockoffs.

FM took it over after the seller gave it a bad name and fixed it up, did the necessary testing, figured out what it needed and now if you look at the people that run it, they are very satisfied. Dont forget you also get FM behind their kit, not a seller on ebay that has no idea that color the springs even are.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 11:01 AM   #24
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: A2, MI
Posts: 474
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
See vmaxx got the crappy name because a seller took it, slapped some springs on those shocks and called it a kit... no testing, no data to back it up, nothing made sense so it rode like crap, handled like crap.. kinda like the ricelands and the rest of the ebay knockoffs.

FM took it over after the seller gave it a bad name and fixed it up, did the necessary testing, figured out what it needed and now if you look at the people that run it, they are very satisfied. Dont forget you also get FM behind their kit, not a seller on ebay that has no idea that color the springs even are.
Comparatively, I've driven a car with a vmaxx and rokkor "coilovers" they are the same. Except that Vmaxx is more expensive since FM sells them and "will back them up". Rokkor will straight up replace the "coilovers" if you wish after several months if you are unsatisfied with something. We've dyno'd the springs on the vmaxx and rokkor (latest version of vmaxx i believe - 3 months ago) and the springs ARE the same. I do not have print outs or anything to prove this but if I get someone with another set of vmaxx's that wants to put them in I will get you guys one to show that they are identical and it's pointless to spend the additional money on vmaxx's.
Dhaark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:35 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

According to FM, they did change spring rates and few more parts.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

i wanna put your vmaxx all over my rokkor.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #27
90R
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 278
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they are absolute ****. They seem to be all over ebay for under $300, for a full coilover setup. They might be fine for slammed garbage VW's, but performance or ride quality is probably zero.
mine have been great for the last 7k miles...I just had to change them up a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0calypse View Post
racelands arent DOT approved and "are not for road use" so my parents wont let me spend the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap0calypse View Post
rokkers were introduced one racelands went on backorder. i think the spring rates are different and i could of sworn 3 months ago they were dot approved. guess im going racelands just need some info on them so i can convince my parents
watch out for the Federal DOT police. They take you to big boy prison
90R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #28
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 0
Default

Thanks for the info on Rokkers i'll be ordering them soon if all goes smooth
ap0calypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #29
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 21
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90R View Post
mine have been great for the last 7k miles...I just had to change them up a bit.





watch out for the Federal DOT police. They take you to big boy prison
They are the worse kind of police out there. It's just because my dad wants it to DOT approved because the racelands arent tested for reliability even though they have a great warranty it's not worth the time without a car or switching back to stock
ap0calypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhaark View Post
Comparatively, I've driven a car with a vmaxx and rokkor "coilovers" they are the same. Except that Vmaxx is more expensive since FM sells them and "will back them up". Rokkor will straight up replace the "coilovers" if you wish after several months if you are unsatisfied with something. We've dyno'd the springs on the vmaxx and rokkor (latest version of vmaxx i believe - 3 months ago) and the springs ARE the same. I do not have print outs or anything to prove this but if I get someone with another set of vmaxx's that wants to put them in I will get you guys one to show that they are identical and it's pointless to spend the additional money on vmaxx's.
I fail to believe that a reputable company like FM would outright lie about a product they sell exclusively.

I couldn't let this thread just die.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #31
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

FM says vmaxx is up in netherlands, and they worked on changing a few things, specially the spring rates, both final and helper.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #32
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 951
Total Cats: -252
Default

I don't think that FM would lie about the Vmaxx but it is possible that Rokkor is now using the same spec springs as FM.
wannafbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:30 PM   #33
90R
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 278
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
I don't think that FM would lie about the Vmaxx but it is possible that Rokkor is now using the same spec springs as FM.
doesn't mater much since 1/2 of the raceland/Rokkor spring package sucks.
90R is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re-Spring Tein FLEX or replace? Mazdaspeeder Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 21 10-03-2015 07:45 PM
WTB: Megan EZ street coilovers Rhidell WTB 1 09-26-2015 05:27 PM
Upgrade my MSM coilovers springs or KW ? elior77 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 14 09-17-2015 10:20 PM
1995 Miata parts, coilover springs, PatCleary Miata parts for sale/trade 9 09-11-2015 08:53 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 PM.