The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks? - Page 10 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > Performance & Tuning > Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
Reload this Page >

The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?

Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?

Old 09-27-2011, 03:10 PM
  #181  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,296
Total Cats: 2,154
Default

******* paradoxs.
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 03:32 PM
  #182  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Even if you did, when you got there it would be today so you would have to wait until tomorrow again.
Its the Steward Development Paradox. I'm trapped in it.
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 03:39 PM
  #183  
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 14,198
Total Cats: 1,260
Default

Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
Its the Stewart Paradox. I'm trapped in it.
Serious question, but have you called the weekend racer dude who was taking over?
shuiend is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 04:59 PM
  #184  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Serious question, but have you called the weekend racer dude who was taking over?
If I can find time from homework this afternoon before work i'll be giving him a call.
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM
  #185  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,296
Total Cats: 2,154
Default

I think everyone who gets a set of SD shocks shipped should put a "I survived the Stewart Paradox" decal on their car. probably a matching t-shirt as well.
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:24 PM
  #186  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I think everyone who gets a set of SD shocks shipped should put a "I survived the Stewart Paradox" decal on their car. probably a matching t-shirt as well.
Lol!
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:28 PM
  #187  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,313
Total Cats: 783
Default

Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
If I can find time from homework this afternoon before work i'll be giving him a call.
You might want to call them early am.. If you do get connected you'll be on hold for quite a bit of time so you'll have plenty of time to finish the hw.
triple88a is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 10:40 AM
  #188  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,296
Total Cats: 2,154
Default

Stewart Development Paradox:

Attached Thumbnails The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?-1127.jpg  
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 11:14 AM
  #189  
"Quality" is my first name.
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,598
Total Cats: 72
Default

Tomorrow yet?

re: Steward Development
Quality Control Bot is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM
  #190  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

John at W-R is investigating for me. Still haven't heard back from Bernie.
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
  #191  
"Quality" is my first name.
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,598
Total Cats: 72
Default

Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
John at W-R is investigating for me. Still haven't heard back from Bernie.
When is he planning to give you an update?


*dont fail me on that one, i totally set it up for you
Quality Control Bot is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 02:18 PM
  #192  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

Originally Posted by Rick View Post
When is he planning to give you an update?


*dont fail me on that one, i totally set it up for you
Well it was yesterday that I emailed him. He said he would check in on it for me. I haven't heard from him yet, so if I hear back from him today it would have been tomorrow. However, if the Stewart Racing paradox applies to weekend-racer, then the fact that tomorrow has turned into today it means I should hear back from him...

...tomorrow.
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
  #193  
"Quality" is my first name.
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,598
Total Cats: 72
Default

^ lol

love it.


i lol'd for real. and when i read it for a 2nd time i lold again.. awesome. MT makes my day.
Quality Control Bot is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 02:28 PM
  #194  
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,616
Total Cats: 54
Default

Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
Well it was yesterday that I emailed him. He said he would check in on it for me. I haven't heard from him yet, so if I hear back from him today it would have been tomorrow. However, if the Stewart Racing paradox applies to weekend-racer, then the fact that tomorrow has turned into today it means I should hear back from him...

...tomorrow.
100X better of an answer than I expected and its so ******* true too!! lol
Vashthestampede is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 02:30 PM
  #195  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

Paradoxes are tough to describe in text so i'm glad you guys are actually following along.

I'm working on calcIII and Physics homework all day. Maybe i'll come up with a mathematical model for the Stewart Paradox?
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 03:20 PM
  #196  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bellingham, Wa
Posts: 2,712
Total Cats: 3
Default

The Stewart Paradox

The Problem: Your order will always ship tomorrow. Thusly, you may become infinitely close to your delivery date, but never actually reach it.

If we take the limit of t as we approach infinity, where t=the time left until your order ships, we get:



You will notice that as t approaches zero, cos(t) approaches 1. 1/0 makes no sense nor does it make sense to continually promise something will ship "tomorrow".

Graphy of Cos(t)/t

Attached Thumbnails The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?-msp9119ha5fde2168i2i000004f8i1f22hi9845dh.gif   The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?-msp100419ha6ebi73h5108i00005e847fe9c216a9ib.gif   The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?-msp9119ha5fde2168i2i000004f8i1f22hi9845dh.gif  

Last edited by wayne_curr; 09-29-2011 at 08:13 PM.
wayne_curr is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM
  #197  
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,258
Total Cats: 26
Default

ha...that's good.
gospeed81 is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
  #198  
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,616
Total Cats: 54
Default

Originally Posted by wayne_curr View Post
The Stewart Paradox

The Problem: Your order will always ship tomorrow. Thusly, you may become infinitely close to your delivery date, but never actually reach it.

If we take the limit of t as we approach infinity, where t=the time left until your order ships, we get:



You will notice that as t approaches zero, cos(t) approaches 1. 1/0 makes no sense nor does it make sense to continually promise something will ship "tomorrow".

Graphy of Cos(t)/t

Ohh man that had me laughing pretty hard!

Can we please somehow display this on a larger scale for all to see. Like, maybe make it the mt.net splashscreen for the next month? lol
Vashthestampede is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 05:58 PM
  #199  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 75,296
Total Cats: 2,154
Default

we are the 7th hit on google when you search stewart development shocks...we need to do better.
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
  #200  
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,219
Total Cats: 17
Default

Google Bomb time?
Bond is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Stewart Development Paradox - Where the heck are my shocks?


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.