Begi Intake Manifold - Page 26 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Bellengineering - Miata Accessories Ordering and General Information Stephanie Turner 830-438-2890 ext. 103 [email protected]

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2016, 09:52 AM   #501
Former Vendor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 271
Total Cats: 16
Default

Might it be that one of you young jokers would care to do a proper test on the manifold?

NC if it works. Worth $0.65/pound at the scrap yard if not.

corky
Corky Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:01 AM   #502
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,780
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Bell View Post
Might it be that one of you young jokers would care to do a proper test on the manifold?

NC if it works. Worth $0.65/pound at the scrap yard if not.

corky
If you are serious I may be willing to do some testing for you sometime in the spring once I get my built motor car up and running. So far at my house I have a VICS manifold, VCTS manifold, Flat top, and your old cast manifold. If you had some spare aluminum manifolds that you have made I would be willing to get on a dyno and try them out. I can even deal not working with idle valves and what not.
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:07 AM   #503
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

I can also test against a VTCS and Flat-Top on an NB2
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:23 AM   #504
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Downmented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 485
Total Cats: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky Bell View Post
Might it be that one of you young jokers would care to do a proper test on the manifold?

NC if it works. Worth $0.65/pound at the scrap yard if not.

corky
Myself and psyber_0ptix were actually talking about doing this with my car a few days ago. I have easy access to dyno time and would happily do some testing. We plan to test a flattop, modified honda manifold, and potentially your manifold given that the stars align properly. It would be all back to back testing with no changes other than the manifold and necessary IC piping adjustments. All same day, same dyno, same everything. Only downside is that it will still be a few months before im personally able to bring this to fruition.

Test vehicle will be a built 1.8, BP4W head, 10.5:1 pistons, full e85, EFR6258
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #505
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
I think a $400 flattop is a pretty darn good compromise all things considered. Just sayin
OEM fitment
OEM reliability
topend/lowend balance
$400-450 total
Looking at both designs flat top and regular 01-05 intake manifold i prefer 01-05 if you have the tools to modify it. The runners in 01 intake manifold seem to be longer and the 01-05 "hidden" lower in plenum is way bigger than squaretop. I agree it takes some work to remove the butterflies and cut both upper and lower plenums but overall 01-05 is better intake manifold than square top in my point of view.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 PM   #506
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNB View Post
Looking at both designs flat top and regular 01-05 intake manifold i prefer 01-05 if you have the tools to modify it. The runners in 01 intake manifold seem to be longer and the 01-05 "hidden" lower in plenum is way bigger than squaretop. I agree it takes some work to remove the butterflies and cut both upper and lower plenums but overall 01-05 is better intake manifold than square top in my point of view.
You have, literally, the worst posts of all time.

Every single thing the community has CLEARLY proven and tested, you prefer the opposite, inferior part and concept that performs much worse.

the 01-05 is terrible for making power. this is not up for debate, as it has been proven countless times with dyno plots and real world testing. it chokes like crazy past 6500 and loses about 25-30hp over the flattop and VICS. The midrange/lowend is comparable. Gutting the VTCS does nothing, which was again proven and tested by many here with results posted and easily found.

The VTCS is the inferior of the 4 oem manifolds. Inferior in every way. Gutting it does not gain power, most times it actually gives up what little it had in the first place: lowend/midrange, with no real gains up top.

Stop posting stupid nonsense before you mislead some stupid n00b like yourself.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:16 PM   #507
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

rofl at prefering the worst IM known to mankind.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:05 PM   #508
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
You have, literally, the worst posts of all time.

Every single thing the community has CLEARLY proven and tested, you prefer the opposite, inferior part and concept that performs much worse.

the 01-05 is terrible for making power. this is not up for debate, as it has been proven countless times with dyno plots and real world testing. it chokes like crazy past 6500 and loses about 25-30hp over the flattop and VICS. The midrange/lowend is comparable. Gutting the VTCS does nothing, which was again proven and tested by many here with results posted and easily found.

The VTCS is the inferior of the 4 oem manifolds. Inferior in every way. Gutting it does not gain power, most times it actually gives up what little it had in the first place: lowend/midrange, with no real gains up top.

Stop posting stupid nonsense before you mislead some stupid n00b like yourself.
Just because I don't post 100 times a day like you does not mean I am a noob, poser. Your expensive flat top has bigger runners which means compared to 01-05, flat top is only good at WOT. If you want to debate about this, I am willing to ship my gutted 01-05 to Begi so they can compare against your garbage flat top.
I will pay the shipping too.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:48 PM   #509
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,485
Total Cats: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
well yeah, that's the only thing that fits on the BEGI Cast IM. Same TB was used on the Brad's Dyno I posted as well.

I personally dont like that TB and makes the car too twitchy. sucks in a LOT of air with just a little TPS% and the linkage isn't designed for a cable.
I used a $40 shipped ebay crown vic 65mm throttle body (I've since seen them for $15-20). Same square pattern, smaller blade, came with a progressive cam that uses the miata cable end, and came with a variable tps with pig tail.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #510
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNB View Post
Just because I don't post 100 times a day like you does not mean I am a noob, poser. Your expensive flat top has bigger runners which means compared to 01-05, flat top is only good at WOT. If you want to debate about this, I am willing to ship my gutted 01-05 to Begi so they can compare against your garbage flat top.
I will pay the shipping too.
You're right, you post very rarely, and every single time it's stupid drivel that is opposite from the truth.

Yes, let's measure performance at part throttle...Because that's how performance is measured.....HERP DERP

Nice try Hyper
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:43 PM   #511
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
You're right, you post very rarely, and every single time it's stupid drivel that is opposite from the truth.

Yes, let's measure performance at part throttle...Because that's how performance is measured.....HERP DERP

Nice try Hyper
poser

I will love to see a dyno of both intake manifolds from a third party like Begi. A 01-05 gutted vs. the garbage flat top. Let's compare against the Begi intake manifold too. I will pay the shipping.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #512
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
I used a $40 shipped ebay crown vic 65mm throttle body (I've since seen them for $15-20). Same square pattern, smaller blade, came with a progressive cam that uses the miata cable end, and came with a variable tps with pig tail.
cool. good to know.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #513
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNB View Post
A 01-05 gutted vs. the garbage flat top.



blue is garbage flat top
red is gutted VTCS manifold.


go **** yourself.

Attached Thumbnails
Begi Intake Manifold-80-undefined_ef326b6717480591839149f691f28c4f5ea04f97.png  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:09 PM   #514
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post


blue is garbage flat top
red is gutted VTCS manifold.


go **** yourself.

you too.

What type of gutting was done for the 01-05?,is it just the upper plenum or both, the lower too?

Last edited by StealthNB; 02-25-2016 at 06:00 PM.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #515
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

wait, so you actually gutted gutted it like the 99-00 VICS guys were doing and saw horrible losses and threw in the trash?

the above was just butterflies removed.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #516
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
wait, so you actually gutted gutted it like the 99-00 VICS guys were doing and saw horrible losses and threw in the trash?

the above was just butterflies removed.
No. by gutting I meant, removed the butterflies. Removed the portion of the upper manifold and the "hidden plenum, chamber where EGR recirculate exhaust gases back to the engine. The runners were left alone, I meassured them too they range from 12" to 14" inches long.

And I have Hyper's plenum spacer too so I can add the spacer to the 01-05 intake manifold if I want too....
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #517
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNB View Post
No. by gutting I meant, removed the butterflies. Removed the portion of the upper manifold and the "hidden plenum, chamber where EGR recirculate exhaust gases back to the engine. The runners were left alone, I meassured them too they range from 12" to 14" inches long.

And I have Hyper's plenum spacer too so I can add the spacer to the 01-05 intake manifold if I want too....
so show us the massive gains then...........


let's see em

surely you wouldn't post a bunch of nonsense crap that contradicts the universe without backing up the claims.....................no one would do that.................certainly you'd back up your complete bullcrap claims with actual testing/data


right?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:54 PM   #518
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
so show us the massive gains then...........


let's see em

surely you wouldn't post a bunch of nonsense crap that contradicts the universe without backing up the claims.....................no one would do that.................certainly you'd back up your complete bullcrap claims with actual testing/data


right?
I already stated I will gladly pay for shipping for a third party like BEGi to dyno test both intake manifolds. Seriously, How many times do I have to repeat the samething?

I am not longer using the modified 01-05 intake manifold but it will be cool to see what it can do against the flat top.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #519
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthNB View Post
I already stated I will gladly pay for shipping for a third party like BEGi to dyno test both intake manifolds. Seriously, How many times do I have to repeat the samething?

I am not longer using the modified 01-05 intake manifold but it will be cool to see what it can do against the flat top.
Whoa there baller, youll pay $30 to prove your moronic theory wrong but caim it's superior before its even done?

Well thats just so compelling

Wheres the quality control bot? He must cleanse us of this retardation
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 06:24 PM   #520
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 130
Total Cats: -162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Whoa there baller, youll pay $30 to prove your moronic theory wrong but caim it's superior before its even done?

Well thats just so compelling

Wheres the quality control bot? He must cleanse us of this retardation
Retardation my ***, poser.

What makes more sense? Pay top dollar for an intake manifold that only makes power at WOT or use basic tools and get the same power from the OEM 01-05?

The runners in flat top intake are wider than 01-05 therefore these type of manifolds do not make enough midrange power, not for the money you pay for. The dyno graph posted by the "fuckyourselfdude" above is clear proof you fool.

Like I stated, if there is an interest for a type of test or some sort please contact me.
StealthNB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.