Jan Brewer, immigration laws - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #21
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,185
Total Cats: 2,582
Default

Relax bitch, I didn't mean "YOU" as in specifically you.
And I already stated what is IN MY OPINION the only answer.

If politicians don't listen and the illegals are already here and here to stay and rounding them up at gunpoint will land you in "pound me in the *** penitentiary" don't you think its wise to start looking for a different approach to this rather than whinning on the internet about it like a little bitch?

Stop thinking I'm always personally attacking YOU specifically or I'll start doing just that. Geez.

asshat
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Relax bitch, I didn't mean "YOU" as in specifically you.
And I already stated what is IN MY OPINION the only answer.

If politicians don't listen and the illegals are already here and here to stay and rounding them up at gunpoint will land you in "pound me in the *** penitentiary" don't you think its wise to start looking for a different approach to this rather than whinning on the internet about it like a little bitch?

Stop thinking I'm always personally attacking YOU specifically or I'll start doing just that.

asshat
And you stop thinking I am thinking you are personally attacking me and care. I'm chill as can be. Sarcasm over IP doesn't work so well, I forget that often. Honestly, I don't think there is really anything we can do, now will it ever get resolved in a way that I would like. They will eventually be brought in as citizens, and the gun toting border state people will have nothing to do anymore. Which is why I typically don't get involved with specifically the illegal immigrant threads because I think it's pointless. Nothing will ever happen, anything I see as positive anyway.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #23
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Eh yea I guess. I don't think I'm whining though. Just stating my opinion like every else.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #24
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,185
Total Cats: 2,582
Default

LOL exactly. Politicians WANT them here cause then they can just give em amnesty and they will vote for them.

I just had the stucco redone on my house by a crew of mexicans half of which IM SURE were illegals

And you know what? They did a FANTASTIC ******* JOB. And charged me 3900 when the CHEAPEST quote I got from the 10 other companies was 6500-8000.
So do I mind them "taking our jobs"? Not really. Its a dirty job I wouldn't ever want to do myself actually.



But back on topic: There are freeloading scum everywhere, and the illegal immigrants are only a small percentage of that group. Most work their asses off. The ones that are typically lazy pieces of **** are LEGAL immigrants or citizens.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #25
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,185
Total Cats: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
Eh yea I guess. I don't think I'm whining though. Just stating my opinion like every else.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:23 PM   #26
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
But back on topic: There are freeloading scum everywhere, and the illegal immigrants are only a small percentage of that group. Most work their asses off. The ones that are typically lazy pieces of **** are LEGAL immigrants or citizens.
I don't really think all illegals are lazy or free loading... I mean they do WORK... and usually hard work.

I guess growing up in the Chicagoland area might have something to do with my opinion of the whole thing. We obviously don't have nearly as much illegals as any of the border states. In fact I don't think I've ever seen any. The world still functions without them. We don't need them. Somewhere over time people started to think that our world would end without them. Like an addiction or something. :???:
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:29 PM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

I'm for sure not denying they work hard. I used to work with crews of them in construction. If you needed manual labor done for cheap, they would have it done in 1/2 the time you expected for 1/2 the price of anyone else, and quality was almost always as good. I guess indirectly I have employed some illegals over the years. Still, should they be here illegally, no.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,865
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

The sad thing is, most illegals are good people that want a better life.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #29
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,185
Total Cats: 2,582
Default

Totally agree
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:11 PM   #30
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,865
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

they also smell bad.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:20 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
The sad thing is, most illegals are good people that want a better life.
And there is a right way and a wrong way to get that better life. With the good people also come plenty of bad people, which ruins it for the rest of them that only want to do well for their family.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #32
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,865
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

I am choir, you are preaching to me.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #33
I EAT CUM
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Redneck, Texas
Posts: 1,218
Total Cats: -1
Default

Here in Texas, illegals do work at a lot of the local establishments. You will find them in the kitchen of most every restaurant or fast food joint around town. This was also the case whenever I lived in Houston. It is also not just Mexican illegals either...most the ones I have dealt with are Guatemalan or from some other Central American country.
Turbo_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 7
Default

Don't forget those damn illegal Canadians and Europeans! Ah man they're are the ****** worst, because they blend in better.

But yes, the success of any restaurant is a Mexican in the kitchen. This is mainly true for Asian buffets.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
The sad thing is, most illegals are good people that want a better life.
True

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
they also smell bad.
Not true. I shower weekly and every other time I go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
LOL exactly. Politicians WANT them here cause then they can just give em amnesty and they will vote for them.

I just had the stucco redone on my house by a crew of mexicans half of which IM SURE were illegals

And you know what? They did a FANTASTIC ******* JOB. And charged me 3900 when the CHEAPEST quote I got from the 10 other companies was 6500-8000.
So do I mind them "taking our jobs"? Not really. Its a dirty job I wouldn't ever want to do myself actually.



But back on topic: There are freeloading scum everywhere, and the illegal immigrants are only a small percentage of that group. Most work their asses off. The ones that are typically lazy pieces of **** are LEGAL immigrants or citizens.
^^ Obamaz yo played that **** really mad smoothzz and coolzz with the ******* reform. I have friends that are in limbo and were really excited and optimistic for it. I told all of them that they're dumb for believing on him, all he wanted was votes.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_4 View Post
Here in Texas, illegals do work at a lot of the local establishments. You will find them in the kitchen of most every restaurant or fast food joint around town. This was also the case whenever I lived in Houston. It is also not just Mexican illegals either...most the ones I have dealt with are Guatemalan or from some other Central American country.
Don't get all technical and ****. They have dark skin and they came through Mexico to get here, they are Mexican. Mexican = South of the border.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:26 PM   #37
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,505
Total Cats: 7
Default

Ever get hit by some dumbass in a shitty car with no license or insurance that doesn't exist in our system at all? Illegals present danger, because they are not here. We cant trace them, so they can do what ever they want. Hit and run, no big deal, the plate is stolen anyways. Maybe I just see alot of this crap because I am in san antonio. Oh, know what else pisses me off? This.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1708069571.html
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1707170667.html

Search no social in san antonio craigslist. Every one of those doucher dealers should be shut down for supporting that bullshit.

Last edited by chicksdigmiatas; 04-25-2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Ninja
chicksdigmiatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
Ever get hit by some dumbass in a shitty car with no license or insurance that doesn't exist in our system at all? Illegals present danger, because they are not here. We cant trace them, so they can do what ever they want. Hit and run, no big deal, the plate is stolen anyways. Maybe I just see alot of this crap because I am in san antonio. Oh, know what else pisses me off? This.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1708069571.html

Yep, doucher car dealers that support them should be shut down.
Yep, that was my point with there being good ones, but also bad ones. All the time see crimes committed in apartment complexes overrun with illegals, and hear of crimes committed by people of non residency.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:37 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
Ever get hit by some dumbass in a shitty car with no license or insurance that doesn't exist in our system at all? Illegals present danger, because they are not here. We cant trace them, so they can do what ever they want. Hit and run, no big deal, the plate is stolen anyways. Maybe I just see alot of this crap because I am in san antonio. Oh, know what else pisses me off? This.
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1708069571.html
http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/ctd/1707170667.html

Search no social in san antonio craigslist. Every one of those doucher dealers should be shut down for supporting that bullshit.
I got hit by a dumbass that was a citizen and had no tags and was more than a bit crunk when he did, not to mention that he RAN away from the scene. Im not saying this to defend ANYONE, whether illegal,legal,brown, black, purple,yellow,rainbow etc... but to state that people form all the categories above does this ****.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #40
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,669
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
LOL exactly. Politicians WANT them here cause then they can just give em amnesty and they will vote for them.

I just had the stucco redone on my house by a crew of mexicans half of which IM SURE were illegals

And you know what? They did a FANTASTIC ******* JOB. And charged me 3900 when the CHEAPEST quote I got from the 10 other companies was 6500-8000.
So do I mind them "taking our jobs"? Not really. Its a dirty job I wouldn't ever want to do myself actually.
Exactly. They did do a good job, though I can tell you that in construction a great job and a bucket of crap will often look the same for about 6 months.

So they did a great job for about half what others charge. Wonderful. How is that possible? They got paid jack-all and/or cut corners. How wonderful for those guys that they came here illegally because our work visa system cant handle the volume to do it legally, and then they can work for less pay than a native white guy while doing the same job while looking out for cops. How wonderful for the locals who have that much less work because they simply cannot do that job for that price and make a profit. Im sure they dont mind it either. Its a shitty job they dont want, which is why they put in a bid.

Competition is great, its what made our economy great. But competition based on the fact that you can pretty well just screw Pablo because its way more money than he made in Mexico while having work slip away from legal residents is not exactly the kind of competition thats good for society.

I am diging ditches and pouring concrete right now to get by. Its on a small remodel, not some huge parking garage, but none the less, I actually like the work. Its honest, and you actually do something that you can inspect and be proud off at the end of the day as opposed to most of the paper pushing and service BS I have done for most of my life.
Sparetire is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Koni 1150 Coilover Kit drumman83 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 2 09-25-2015 08:03 PM
Wildfire's build wildfire0310 Build Threads 14 04-01-2009 06:50 PM
Pics from the Jan 31 Autocross sixshooter Media 8 02-10-2009 11:45 PM
rant: Republicans vs. Democrats JasonC SBB Insert BS here 16 10-11-2008 02:41 PM
LEGAL Immigration, But not Illegal LOLA - 92 Insert BS here 65 07-25-2006 02:29 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.