Wow! Thanks, Obamacare! - Page 7 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #121
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default


LULZ.

More people with insurance = moar sick peoplz?


Got it.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #122
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

wait, I'm not sure if serious... that's not the concept that funny; since that's true (not nessecarily more sick people, but more demand on the system).

we all knew this was going to happen...

the funny concept of the article is it is being suggested that we give nurses/pharmacists/eye "doctors" the authority/power of a real doctor, because of the increased demand on the system. it's a derp move.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #123
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

No, what i'm finding funny is that the general ignorance of the average United State Citizen results in statements like this:

"Well Clem, now i gots da in-shure-ants so now i can go to da doctor!"


It SHOULDN'T create more draw on the system anywhere other than potentially billing. It shouldn't have any more draw on the actual people administering care.

But it does.

Because we're a country full of ******* retards.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #124
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,579
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
No, what i'm finding funny is that the general ignorance of the average United State Citizen results in statements like this:

"Well Clem, now i gots da in-shure-ants so now i can go to da doctor!"


It SHOULDN'T create more draw on the system anywhere other than potentially billing. It shouldn't have any more draw on the actual people administering care.

But it does.

Because we're a country full of ******* retards.
It actually makes perfect sense. If you are sick but do not have insurance you might not view going to the doctor as an efficient use of your scarce economic resources. However, if you have insurance the cost of going to the doctor and purchasing any perscribed medication decreases dramatically. So it would follow that the more people who you insure the more people that will find it economically feasible to go to the doctor.

I assume your frustration is directed at those who will go to the doctor even if they do not need to because they can do so for no or very little expense out of pocket. While this is a real issue it is not the only factor at play.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #125
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Yeah, I'm not sure I see what's ridiculous about it. If I didn't have an economic incentive to ration my own healthcare, I'd probably go to the doctor more often too. Take a look at Medicare/Medicaid usage rates. Why would we not expect people to use more of something when we reduce the (user) cost?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #126
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

+1 to ryan_g.

Hell, I barely go to the doctor because I dont want to spend my copay...

because I have more important things to waste money on than a doctor saying, "oh jeez I dunno what that is...go to a specialist, that will be $200 for the visit please"

but I'd imagine if all I did was eat mcdonalds daily, and then suddenly had access to healthcare...I'd be all up on that **** getting my prostate fingered.

why are these people the fucktards? They are the ones winning out; i dont blame them whatsoever. The fucktards are the people who trade votes for this because they are ammoral and dont give a ****.




I mean, this is how life works... it also works on the other side of the table:
Va. workers' part-time hours capped due to health law
Youngstown State University Limits Part-Time Hours To Avoid Obamacare Rule
CCAC Cuts Adjuncts' Hours To Avoid Obamacare Requirements

You say any company offering X amount of hours must then provide health coverage, companies simply dont offer that amount of hours anymore; thus do not have to offer health coverage they cannot afford.

This law is a huge clusterfuck with endless negative impacts. It will ruin the entire industry, like I predicted, to established a form of single-payer system because our founding fathers were wrong and EU is great.

Last edited by Braineack; 02-11-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 PM   #127
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
It actually makes perfect sense. If you are sick but do not have insurance you might not view going to the doctor as an efficient use of your scarce economic resources. However, if you have insurance the cost of going to the doctor and purchasing any perscribed medication decreases dramatically. So it would follow that the more people who you insure the more people that will find it economically feasible to go to the doctor.

I assume your frustration is directed at those who will go to the doctor even if they do not need to because they can do so for no or very little expense out of pocket. While this is a real issue it is not the only factor at play.

Nooo.... my frustration is with those people that value their health less than their finances.

"Economically feasible" shouldn't have anything to do with your health with the current system, or the system that we've had since like... i was born, mannnn...

Please note the qualifier "With the current system."


If these people didn't exist, then we wouldn't have a shortage of doctors, because we'd already be treating the "new" amount of people.

It's a chicken/egg scenario. Just offering another viewpoint.

I work in the insurance industry. If i had a nickel for every time some moron told me on the phone "Well, i can't afford my family doctor copay of $40, so i guess i just won't go," i'd knock at least a year or two off my retirement countdown. The same thing applies to those who didn't have insurance.

If it's bad enough, they end up getting admitted to the ER, where they don't pay anyways because they don't have the money.


It SHOULD be simple. If you're sick, go to the ******* doctor. If you're not sick, then don't go to the ******* doctor.

But it's not that simple, because we're stupid.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:40 PM   #128
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

going to the doctor is pointless... why waste the money?


Quote:
If it's bad enough, they end up getting admitted to the ER, where they don't pay anyways because they don't have the money.
another stupid federal law that only negatively impacted state economies. Obamacare is the "solution" to this.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #129
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,579
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Nooo.... my frustration is with those people that value their health less than their finances.

"Economically feasible" shouldn't have anything to do with your health with the current system, or the system that we've had since like... i was born, mannnn...
You financial situation contributes directly to the state of your health. By choosing not to go into further debt or risking financial instability to go to the doctor to deal with an ailment that you can just wait out avoids a lot of stress that comes along with collections or not making bills. Stress is a huge cause of other health issues both physical and mental.

Everything is a balance of benefits vs costs including healthcare. To make the assertion that your finances have nothing to do with how you use healthcare is just ignorant.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #130
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
going to the doctor is pointless... why waste the money?
As much as it seems i wouldn't based on my last two posts... i agree with you to an extent.

Especially as someone who hasn't been to the doctor in 5 years.




Quote:
another stupid federal law that only negatively impacted state economies.
Right, let the poor people just die. I can almost get behind that, but unfortunately the rest of the world won't see it our way, so we're stuck with this bullshit.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #131
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

I stopped going to a physical theropist because it cost too much.

where should I mail your nickel?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #132
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Right, let the poor people just die. I can almost get behind that, but unfortunately the rest of the world won't see it our way, so we're stuck with this bullshit.
the rest of the world kills thier own citizens. we make ours fat and give them heart attacks.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #133
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
You financial situation contributes directly to the state of your health. By choosing not to go into further debt or risking financial instability to go to the doctor to deal with an ailment that you can just wait out avoids a lot of stress that comes along with collections or not making bills. Stress is a huge cause of other health issues both physical and mental.
Reduction of stress cured my IBS! Thanks Obama!

Quote:
Everything is a balance of benefits vs costs including healthcare. To make the assertion that your finances have nothing to do with how you use healthcare is just ignorant.
No, it's not ignorant, if you were to get out of what i posted, that which i posted.

I never said that your finances have nothing to do with how you use healthcare. I said that with the current system, there's no REASON to let a lack of financial security keep you from going to the doctor if you're sick.

To be clear, i'm not talking about the idiots that go to the doctor every chance they get. I'm talking about the idiots that are legitimately sick, and don't go to the doctor because they think they can't afford it. "Well goddamnit at least i died debt free!"

I'm talking about the VERY large percentage of Americans that think they'll get turned away by a health care professional if they A) Don't have insurance or B) can't afford a huge bill.

THAT'S what i'm talking about.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #134
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,465
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
the rest of the world kills thier own citizens. we make ours fat and give them heart attacks.
Rooflez!!!!!

+1 good sir!
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #135
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

stop with the white guilt. you have no idea how hard it is to decide to buy a set of rAmz or fix your fissures.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #136
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

As a parent I'll say that kids will be the main driving factor in increased demand.

When your kid is sick, rational thinking is out the window. My wife requests that I take our kids in for every single fever...simply because we can. Most of these situations I would let them stay home for, and simply monitor the situation. I can imagine the majority of people would be like my wife though.

Having insurance means $20 Peace of Mind.

I can complain all I want about this practice, but at times it's proven to be prudent and effective, such as when the 10mo old got the flu, and what could have been two stressful weeks for us (and painful ones for her) was instead reduced to 4 days of mild fever easily abated by ibuprofen thanks to the miracle of Tamiflu prescribed on the second day.

Last edited by gospeed81; 02-11-2013 at 01:57 PM.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #137
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,579
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
I can complain all I want about this practice, but at times it's proven to be prudent and effective, such as when the 10mo old got the flu, and what could have been two stressful weeks for us (and painful ones for her) was instead reduced to 4 days of mild fever easily abated by ibuprofen thanks to the miracle of Tamiflu prescribed on the second day.
I wouldn't consider that to be excessive use of healthcare. Children at that young of an age are very vulnerable to illnesses that would otherwise be entirely manageable for an adult. When I have children <2years old I will probably be the same way. As they get older I would slowly back off of the use of medication when reasonable only because I believe that being over medicated is a great way to inhibit the development of a robust immune system.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:11 PM   #138
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

here's another great example of what happens when gov't pass laws:

Horsemeat found in British supermarkets 'may be donkey' - Home News - UK - The Independent


This is foreshadowing what will happen when Obama outlaws gasoline engines...food is going to be full of iron.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #139
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Wow! Thanks, Obamacare!-soylentgreen.gif  
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:31 AM   #140
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,872
Total Cats: 1,790
Default

why do you think we abort so many babies a year.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Been a long time highroller101 General Miata Chat 4 10-30-2008 02:25 PM
airfilters: wow this dirty this fast Pitlab77 General Miata Chat 3 03-23-2008 12:26 PM
Brand new O2 sensor gets lazy and takes a nap when the engine is hot Latch Prefabbed Turbo Kits 0 02-21-2008 02:39 PM
Crap I've taken off my car AbeFM MEGAsquirt 19 02-08-2008 08:16 PM
Cool Componants... AbeFM Insert BS here 5 01-26-2008 12:00 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.