ROFL - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,791
Total Cats: 130
Default

Getting mad at large corporations because the government redistributes your wealth seems like a convoluted way of looking at things.
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #22
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
Getting mad at large corporations because the government redistributes your wealth seems like a convoluted way of looking at things.
I'm mad at dumb people. All the time. Even right now.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #23
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,674
Total Cats: 1,561
Default

If you live life like a worthless sack of shiit and do your job halfass like a worthless sack of shiit, then it is wholly appropriate that you are paid what your efforts are worth. If a retarded monkey can be trained to do your job in a couple of hours then you are the problem with your wages being too low.

Do you know what happens when wages for mindless jobs are artificially pushed too high? Automation begins to make more financial sense. Have you ever seen the self-checkout at Lowe's? It can exist at McDonalds, too. If the leftists have their way all of the working poor will be out of work and just on welfare.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #24
Slowest Progress Ever
iTrader: (26)
 
thirdgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The coal ridden hills of Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,808
Total Cats: 183
Default

Freedom...America...all that stuff. Basically what FRT_FUN is saying is that if you work at McDonald's for $7 an hour, you should get your priorities together and use your money to get some schooling which could get you a better job/ better lifestyle. People are dumb though, and they'll spend the money on the newest iPhone, or larger wheels and stick on fender vents on their ford expedition. Somehow in their mind, its McDonald's fault that they don't make enough money. They also are the majority, unfortunately, and since the majority vote wins, this country will never change until these people change.
thirdgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #25
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgen View Post
Freedom...America...all that stuff. Basically what FRT_FUN is saying is that if you work at McDonald's for $7 an hour, you should get your priorities together and use your money to get some schooling which could get you a better job/ better lifestyle. People are dumb though, and they'll spend the money on the newest iPhone, or larger wheels and stick on fender vents on their ford expedition. Somehow in their mind, its McDonald's fault that they don't make enough money. They also are the majority, unfortunately, and since the majority vote wins, this country will never change until these people change.
no, what needs to change is the min. wage.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,131
Total Cats: 598
Default

Wait wasnt min wage like 8.25? Hmm.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #27
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple88a View Post
Wait wasnt min wage like 8.25? Hmm.
it's $7.25. perfect wage for a kid working after school.


oh wait, the kid can't get the job because he has to complete with 40 year olds with 10 kids to feed, people with master degrees in women's studies who can't find a real job, college graduates, high school graduates, college dropouts, high school drop outs, who all think they are worth more and petition the gov't to artificially increase the wage so they can live comfortably making it harder and harder for others to get entry level jobs because 1. there are less jobs because employers cant afford to pay the wages, and 2. an employer will value an employee with a master degree at $15 an hour much greater than a HS student at the same pay rate because value is subjective and shouldn't be legislated.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:12 AM   #28
Slowest Progress Ever
iTrader: (26)
 
thirdgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The coal ridden hills of Pennsylvania
Posts: 5,808
Total Cats: 183
Default

thirdgen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #29
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Dear Disgruntled McDonalds employees:

It has come to our attention that you no longer wish to do your job for the amount of money that we feel your labor is worth. Because we welcome free thinking, we are open to the idea that you are upset and angry, but if we are to welcome free thinking, we must welcome free thinking from both sides of the argument, and we would like to present you with your competition. We, the free and capitalistic people of America would like to introduce you, the entitled population of America, to your competition:



This here gizmo will cook a burger better than you will every time. It does not call in sick, it does not show up late, it does not spit on food, and it does not swindle from the cash register. If we should pay you $15 an hour to do simple tasks that require no decision making skills on your part, or any real skills for that matter, then how much would you expect us to pay this gizmo to do a better job while being an infinitely more trustworthy employee? $16/hour? $20/hour? $50/hour?

How about "Free"?

It exists already. We already have a machine that can do your job for "free". Stop ******* whining about your wages, or else we ARE going to raise minimum wage. And then we are going to fire your dumb asses. And then we are going to hire a machine to do your job. And then you're no longer going to have to try and figure out how to make ends meet on $8/hour. You're going to have to try and figure out how to make ends meet on "free". Because when you "have it your way", you won't be doing **** for anybody. And not doing **** is free.
Attached Thumbnails
ROFL-hamburger-machine-11.png  
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arl. Texas
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 23
Default

I can't wait to see less crappy cars on 24's, less plastic crap stuck to fenders and more folks under the bridge.
Miater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #31
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I would MAYBE eat at McDonalds if I didn't have to deal with all the shitty employees touching and handling my food. I would love for fast food to switch to automated food processing with maybe 1 or 2 people who oversee the process and do QC.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:02 PM   #32
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

McDonald's staff is usually well trained and very courteous; they get a lot of value out of their pay.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #33
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I see wut you did there.

The majority of the MD staff I wouldn't even want to stand next to, let alone be near my food.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

I'm not talking about in Murderland. I try to avoid contact to other "humans" as much as possible when I'm in MD.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
fooger03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 4,132
Total Cats: 187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
McDonald's staff is usually well trained and very courteous; they get a lot of value out of their pay.
What 3rd world country are you livin in, bro?

From what I've seen, the employees that work at McDonalds in touristy areas of third world countries LOVE their job.

Wage is all relative.

Relative to the wages that their non-mcdonalds working brothers are making in 3rd world countries, mcdonalds employees have it good.

Relative to the wages that their non-mcdonalds working brothers are making in the USA, mcdonalds employees have it poor.

Relative to the wages that third-world country mcdonalds employees are making, USA mcdonalds employees live like mother ******* kings.
fooger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #36
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
McDonald's staff is usually well trained and very courteous; they get a lot of value out of their pay.
I thought you were joking with this... Please tell me you are joking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I'm not talking about in Murderland. I try to avoid contact to other "humans" as much as possible when I'm in MD.
MD=McDonalds. Merryland sucks in every way possible. I try to avoid contact with all humans as much as possible anywhere.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #37
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,889
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fooger03 View Post
What 3rd world country are you livin in, bro?

From what I've seen, the employees that work at McDonalds in touristy areas of third world countries LOVE their job.

Wage is all relative.

Relative to the wages that their non-mcdonalds working brothers are making in 3rd world countries, mcdonalds employees have it good.

Relative to the wages that their non-mcdonalds working brothers are making in the USA, mcdonalds employees have it poor.

Relative to the wages that third-world country mcdonalds employees are making, USA mcdonalds employees live like mother ******* kings.
this didn't address my post.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #38
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 472
Total Cats: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
it's $7.25. perfect wage for a kid working after school.


oh wait, the kid can't get the job because he has to complete with 40 year olds with 10 kids to feed, people with master degrees in women's studies who can't find a real job, college graduates, high school graduates, college dropouts, high school drop outs, who all think they are worth more and petition the gov't to artificially increase the wage so they can live comfortably making it harder and harder for others to get entry level jobs because 1. there are less jobs because employers cant afford to pay the wages, and 2. an employer will value an employee with a master degree at $15 an hour much greater than a HS student at the same pay rate because value is subjective and shouldn't be legislated.
How can you say that employers can't pay a higher wage when the companies we're talking about post record profits year after year?

Yes, the government has to artificially increase wages, otherwise it's a race to the bottom. I don't feel like competing with China on an even playing field, that sounds like no fun whatsoever.

You're just going to have to get used to the idea of people getting paid a living wage for doing work that's easy, light, etc because that is how the world is headed. Like that poster said up there, McD's will be fully automated in the future. The grocery store no longer employs 20 cashiers, you use a robot. A single trash collector does the job of 15 other men 10 years ago with his robotic arm on a truck and standardized cans. Unless you literally want people to die in the streets until we're back at full-employment, you will have to get used to this idea.
vitamin j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arl. Texas
Posts: 937
Total Cats: 23
Default

Plenty of room in the streets.
Miater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:53 PM   #40
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 472
Total Cats: 46
Default

The US spends over $3 billion a year on homeless. You sure you're conservative? I'd rather they had a job and fed themselves.
vitamin j is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 STO Miata, $20K matthewdesigns Insert BS here 15 04-04-2012 08:32 AM
Reporter turns ghetto in 3 seconds Vashthestampede Media 10 10-15-2009 01:38 AM
Cobra Fail (most embarassing track pics evar) Braineack Media 20 06-30-2009 08:42 AM
Computer crash Pwns FFS 1.6 for this week magnamx-5 Insert BS here 40 01-18-2008 12:18 AM
WTF ad? Philip Insert BS here 1 04-18-2007 04:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.