ROFL - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #41
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin j View Post
How can you say that employers can't pay a higher wage when the companies we're talking about post record profits year after year?
Because not every employer is running a franchise from a company with over 38,000 stores worldwide.



Quote:
Yes, the government has to artificially increase wages, otherwise it's a race to the bottom. I don't feel like competing with China on an even playing field, that sounds like no fun whatsoever.
This is such a horrible argument. No, it ABSOLUTELY DOESN'T have to. The race to the bottom happens when the gov't mandates a min. wage.

It's a known fact that every time the gov't increases min. wage, there is a huge negative impact in the number of people employed.



worse, is that is negatively impacts the young black community the worst; the same group that is always used to sell the myth.

You say you don't want to compete with China, but you support a practice that gives China more jobs.

Inceasing min. wage is a race to the bottom; being a bottom-bitch to increasing poverty and making it harder for youth (especially moniorties) to get jobs.

I'll go as far as saying that if you believe in increasing min. wage, you're a practicing racist.



Quote:
You're just going to have to get used to the idea of people getting paid a living wage for doing work that's easy, light, etc because that is how the world is headed.
please move out of my country, communist.

Quote:
Unless you literally want people to die in the streets until we're back at full-employment, you will have to get used to this idea.
oh yeah, we should try out communism here, no one has ever starved under communist rule.
Attached Thumbnails
ROFL-clavin.jpg  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #42
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin j View Post
Unless you literally want people to die in the streets until we're back at full-employment, you will have to get used to this idea.
Run me through the logic that suggests that increasing the cost of employment will result in higher levels of employment.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #43
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 2,476
Total Cats: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
Getting mad at large corporations because the government redistributes your wealth seems like a convoluted way of looking at things.
Wall-Mart Biggest welfare sucking pig in America. 2.66 billion in wage subsidies each year. The Walton family has 4 of the top 10 richest people in America and none of them got there by working for a living and they get preferential treatment on their taxes on personal income. The big corporate chain fast food industry is the same situation. That is pretty much what a Fascist economy is suppose to look like. An extremely poor workforce dependent on the state and all the wealth being funneled to the plutocracy.

As much as I hate to say it I think an improvement would be made by raising the minimum wage.. Jobs donít even pay enough to serve as a stepping stone for a career.
bbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:10 PM   #44
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
As much as I hate to say it I think an improvement would be made by raising the minimum wage.. Jobs donít even pay enough to serve as a stepping stone for a career.
How does raising the minimum wage help those workers who are barely worth the current minimum wage right now?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #45
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Attached Thumbnails
ROFL-minimum-wage-cartoon2.jpg  
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #46
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post

Run me through the logic that suggests that increasing the cost of employment will result in higher levels of employment.
Yeah, I'd love to hear that one, too.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #47
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
Wall-Mart Biggest welfare sucking pig in America. 2.66 billion in wage subsidies each year. The Walton family has 4 of the top 10 richest people in America and none of them got there by working for a living and they get preferential treatment on their taxes on personal income. The big corporate chain fast food industry is the same situation. That is pretty much what a Fascist economy is suppose to look like. An extremely poor workforce dependent on the state and all the wealth being funneled to the plutocracy.

As much as I hate to say it I think an improvement would be made by raising the minimum wage.. Jobs donít even pay enough to serve as a stepping stone for a career.
ROFL. you never stop. im getting a cramp in my side.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #48
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
Jobs donít even pay enough to serve as a stepping stone for a career.
that's because the bottom-rung has been raised by...guess it... raising min. wage!
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #49
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 2,476
Total Cats: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdgen View Post
Freedom...America...all that stuff. Basically what FRT_FUN is saying is that if you work at McDonald's for $7 an hour, you should get your priorities together and use your money to get some schooling which could get you a better job/ better lifestyle. People are dumb though, and they'll spend the money on the newest iPhone, or larger wheels and stick on fender vents on their ford expedition. Somehow in their mind, its McDonald's fault that they don't make enough money. They also are the majority, unfortunately, and since the majority vote wins, this country will never change until these people change.
In the 80's you could get an education on a minimum wage income I sort of did it myself with a little help. Virtually impossible now.
bbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,196
Total Cats: 260
Default

Bull **** **** **** **** ****^^^ Get out of here with that trash.

The problem isn't minimum wage, minimum wage was around when things were good...
We need to look at what was lost, and what the result was.

The whole idea of "change" is horseshit, because all that is needed to be fixed is the basic fundamentals.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:19 PM   #51
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
In the 80's you could get an education on a minimum wage income I sort of did it myself with a little help. Virtually impossible now.
Shocking how the market responds, isn't it? Subsidize the consumer and the producer responds by raising prices. What a neat trick.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #52
Boost Czar
Thread Starter
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
In the 80's you could get an education on a minimum wage income I sort of did it myself with a little help. Virtually impossible now.
you can thank your gov't for increasing the cost of college artificially.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #53
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin j View Post
Unless you literally want people to die in the streets until we're back at full-employment, you will have to get used to this idea.
I literally wish this was the alternative to working. I literally wish welfare and EBT cards didn't exist and you had to choose between work and starvation. It would literally be the best possible situation for the black community in America. It would literally be the best thing that happened to black people since their ancestors got a free boat ride to America.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #54
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 470
Total Cats: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Because not every employer is running a franchise from a company with over 38,000 stores worldwide.
True enough. Unfortunately large corporations are fighting a war on small businesses by sponsoring lobbyists to erode the benefits of small business and force them to compete with large corporations. But that's a whole different debate. Most small businesses already pay higher than minimum wage because they hold on to their employees and have a low turnover.
Higher Minimum Wage? Small Business Doesn't Mind - Businessweek
Quote:
This is such a horrible argument. No, it ABSOLUTELY DOESN'T have to. The race to the bottom happens when the gov't mandates a min. wage.
What is China's minimum wage?
Quote:
It's a known fact that every time the gov't increases min. wage, there is a huge negative impact in the number of people employed.
Do you have any evidence for this because I don't believe it, and I actually looked it up.



Quote:
worse, is that is negatively impacts the young black community the worst; the same group that is always used to sell the myth.
Everything bad effects the young black community worse than the rest of the country, news at 11. Sometimes things that should be good are used to damage the young black community, like the justice system. That's a different thread.
Quote:
You say you don't want to compete with China, but you support a practice that gives China more jobs.
China doesn't have our education, natural resources, or technological prowess. If we lose out to China it's because we're retarded. China buys trains from Germany, the country with the highest quality of living in the world.
Quote:
Inceasing min. wage is a race to the bottom; being a bottom-bitch to increasing poverty and making it harder for youth (especially moniorties) to get jobs.

I'll go as far as saying that if you believe in increasing min. wage, you're a practicing racist.
What's China's minimum wage?

Quote:
please move out of my country, communist.



oh yeah, we should try out communism here, no one has ever starved under communist rule.
Words have definitions, you should use the correct ones for the definition you mean. I don't believe I have advocated for the state ownership of resources.
Attached Thumbnails
ROFL-minimum-wage-vs-unemployment-rates-1950-jan-2013.png  
vitamin j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:27 PM   #55
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 470
Total Cats: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
I literally wish this was the alternative to working. I literally wish welfare and EBT cards didn't exist and you had to choose between work and starvation. It would literally be the best possible situation for the black community in America. It would literally be the best thing that happened to black people since their ancestors got a free boat ride to America.
Keep voting against abortion and sex ed in schools, you redstate geniuses!
vitamin j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #56
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,577
Total Cats: 155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
In the 80's you could get an education on a minimum wage income I sort of did it myself with a little help. Virtually impossible now.
I know quite a few of my classmates that did this. They do have some debt coming out of school but it is nothing like this $80k-120k bullshit you hear in the news from some dumb *** that decided to go to a super expensive school for four years, knowing he couldn't pay for it, to get a degree that has terrible job prospects.

Most of them have less than $10k in debt when they are done because they attended a community college for the first two years to save money and then transferred into a large state college to finish up the four year degree. They applied for some of the metric shitload of scholarships that exist and worked to pay off the rest.

Like anything else in life college should be looked at through a cost/benefit analysis. What am I going to major in? English..... kill yourself. You might as well just start working your *** of now instead of going to college and you will probably have a better management level position after the four years is up and be making good money. I have seen others do this and almost did it myself. You find a good company that promotes from within like Publix does down here. You work your *** off and play a little politics and you can make management in 4 years easy pulling in roughly 42k after bonuses for an assistant department manager. Two more years you are a manager making over 60k. All of this at 24 years old and 6 years with the company. Seen it done first hand.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #57
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Anacortes, WA
Posts: 2,476
Total Cats: 114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
How does raising the minimum wage help those workers who are barely worth the current minimum wage right now?
Because I won't have to subsidies their employers shitty pay while the people at the top of the company that donít work at all rape all the profit. That makes me happy. I will also get the benefit of living in a country where the majority of the population isnít living in extreme poverty with little or no opportunity to improve their own situation. Sure beats living in those countries where they donít have wage controls, or worker safety regulations, or environmental regulations.
bbundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:37 PM   #58
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbundy View Post
Because I won't have to subsidies their employers shitty pay while the people at the top of the company that donít work at all rape all the profit. That makes me happy. I will also get the benefit of living in a country where the majority of the population isnít living in extreme poverty with little or no opportunity to improve their own situation. Sure beats living in those countries where they donít have wage controls, or worker safety regulations, or environmental regulations.
And the people that lose their jobs because they aren't worth $15 an hour? Won't you be subsidizing them when they file for unemployment benefits?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:39 PM   #59
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Morrison, CO
Posts: 470
Total Cats: 46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
And the people that lose their jobs because they aren't worth $15 an hour? Won't you be subsidizing them when they file for unemployment benefits?
We're already subsidizing them with foodstamps and section 8 housing because they make $7.25.
vitamin j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #60
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitamin j View Post
We're already subsidizing them with foodstamps and section 8 housing because they make $7.25.
So you'd rather support them fully via tax benefits than partially via tax benefits and partially via an entry-level job that could lead to new opportunities (and allow them to support themselves fully down the road)?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1997 STO Miata, $20K matthewdesigns Insert BS here 15 04-04-2012 08:32 AM
Reporter turns ghetto in 3 seconds Vashthestampede Media 10 10-15-2009 01:38 AM
Cobra Fail (most embarassing track pics evar) Braineack Media 20 06-30-2009 08:42 AM
Computer crash Pwns FFS 1.6 for this week magnamx-5 Insert BS here 40 01-18-2008 12:18 AM
WTF ad? Philip Insert BS here 1 04-18-2007 04:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:48 AM.