99-00, 01-05 and MSM Megasquirt MS2 DIYPNP "Enhanced" group buy - Page 6 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MS Labs - Miata Accessories [email protected] - Custom Megasquirts for your miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-26-2010, 04:22 PM   #101
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,578
Default

18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:01 PM   #102
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

Hey Reverant, I must wait till my august paycheck arrives, when is needed to pay the first 450 bucks? You said for sept 1st.
Taiman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #103
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

If there is anyone else who can't pay now (until sep 1st), let me know so that we can group you together and ask you to pay later (and obviously receive your units later than the people who can pay earlier).

Dimitris
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #104
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 221
Total Cats: 1
Default

Wirelessly posted

What's the paypal address?
Joseph B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #105
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,851
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

I'll be sending everyone a PM/Email later this evening with payment details.

remember I have a ban hammer...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:58 PM   #106
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 0
Default

Wasted spark because for now I want it to be as pnp as possible (to be able to switch back to stock ecu and to/from COPs).

To switch later to seq ignition I'd need to a) do ignition wiring to COPs b) reflash your board with code that has hardcoded temperature values that trigger fans on/off, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Done, please decide whether you want sequential COPs or wasted spark.

Dimitris
ilmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #107
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'm glad I get paid tomorrow.

It's like fate or something equally as cool
CRAIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:58 PM   #108
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Cackalackey
Posts: 716
Total Cats: 2
Default

I guess i will be doing wasted spark as well since i need to be stock 1 day out of the year as well. How hard is it to switch? Or should it just be wasted spark. I dont know much about it sorry for dumb question. Are there great bennefits? Thanks you can PM if u want to still keep this clean.
musanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:22 PM   #109
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musanovic View Post
I guess i will be doing wasted spark as well since i need to be stock 1 day out of the year as well. How hard is it to switch? Or should it just be wasted spark. I dont know much about it sorry for dumb question. Are there great bennefits? Thanks you can PM if u want to still keep this clean.
no

please post it here.
i was wondering the same thing.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:27 PM   #110
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: ON, Canada
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

From what i was told you can run the stock coil packs with the sequential mod performed. With the mod there are two additional wires that come from the MS that you wire to the two additional coils. Therefore it you can run either wasted spark or sequential with the addition of the mod I believe, but wait for the creators to chime in.
Staffah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:58 AM   #111
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

If you decide to go trully sequential on the ignition, then you need to change the wiring on the COPs. So far, you have cylinders 1&4 and 2&3 tied together brought in to ignition A and ignition B through the stock wiring harness. You will need to split them, and bring coil 1 to ignition A, coil 3 to ignition B, coil 4 to ignition C, coil 2 to ignition D. Ignition C and D will be waiting for you on the DB15 connector, ignition A and B are brought in as usual through the stock harness.

To go back to wasted spark, you will need to disconnect ignition C and D from coils 4 & 2, and reconnect coil 4 with coil 1, and coil 2 with coil 3.

You will receive instructions on how to do that for your units.

Please note that a unit that is received as wasted spark CAN be converted to COPs without reflashing of firmware or anything, but you will need to move the two wires that control the fans from the MS to my own board - a 5 minute task. You will not however, be able to adjust the fan temps, as your board will come preprogrammed with the default values (200 for the main fan and 208 for the A/C fan, 6 degrees of hysterisis on both fans).

Dimitris
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:08 AM   #112
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
Please note that a unit that is received as wasted spark CAN be converted to COPs without reflashing of firmware or anything, but you will need to move the two wires that control the fans from the MS to my own board - a 5 minute task.
Don't understand this, COPs can be run in wasted spark mode with stock harness/ecu. What does "converted to COPs" mean?

Last edited by ilmare; 08-27-2010 at 11:11 AM.
ilmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 AM   #113
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

COPs in wasted spark can be converted to COPs in sequential ignition.

Dimitris
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #114
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Cackalackey
Posts: 716
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
If you decide to go trully sequential on the ignition, then you need to change the wiring on the COPs. So far, you have cylinders 1&4 and 2&3 tied together brought in to ignition A and ignition B through the stock wiring harness. You will need to split them, and bring coil 1 to ignition A, coil 3 to ignition B, coil 4 to ignition C, coil 2 to ignition D. Ignition C and D will be waiting for you on the DB15 connector, ignition A and B are brought in as usual through the stock harness.

To go back to wasted spark, you will need to disconnect ignition C and D from coils 4 & 2, and reconnect coil 4 with coil 1, and coil 2 with coil 3.

You will receive instructions on how to do that for your units.

Please note that a unit that is received as wasted spark CAN be converted to COPs without reflashing of firmware or anything, but you will need to move the two wires that control the fans from the MS to my own board - a 5 minute task. You will not however, be able to adjust the fan temps, as your board will come preprogrammed with the default values (200 for the main fan and 208 for the A/C fan, 6 degrees of hysterisis on both fans).

Dimitris

All right keep me on sequential I can run the 2 wires you stated separately to the engine bay and solder them. i would hate to loose the temperature control because of this 10 min soldering job. is there any tuning difference with the sequential? at least you guys have all the instructions provided.
musanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:10 PM   #115
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10
Total Cats: 0
Default

Have you guys sent paypal info yet? I haven't received anything yet
simpsonn89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:15 PM   #116
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 70% London / 30% Scotland
Posts: 17
Total Cats: 0
Default

I don't think any of us have yet - I guess they're working on the logistics etc, so shouldn't be too long till we have to break out the wallet! (or PayPal account...)
Fluoxetine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:03 PM   #117
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

You will be receiving both an email and a PM from Braineack shortly.

Dimitris
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #118
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,175
Total Cats: 2,578
Default

Got mine. So we include build details and all car info in the email, paypal "notes" section, or pm here? Or all 3?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #119
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

Add any build details in the paypal notes section. I will contact you individually as I build them to verify & clarify.

Dimitris
Reverant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #120
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yeah!

Payment will be sent tomorrow along with build /car details.

Thanks again for sorting this Rev/Brain!
CRAIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
Are my coils failing? viriiguy General Miata Chat 5 09-28-2015 08:39 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 AM.