My review of Riceland coilovers - Page 21 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #401
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Chicago
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Oh hey, this thread is 3 years old so I'm going to reply to one of the first comments of a thread--with 20 pages worth of discussion--with some stupid drivel because I haven't a ******* clue in the world.




I've slacked with quality control on this site, and James didn't make the cut. Sorry, admin has no friends.
Racelands, you get what you pay for. /endthread
Mazduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 AM   #402
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

I like how everything he said was so completely moronic it deserved a ban right away.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #403
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazduh View Post
Racelands, you get what you pay for. /endthread

are you trying to say they are shitty or something?????


no way:





Attached Thumbnails
My review of Riceland coilovers-6ccab5ab-f272-7db9.jpg   My review of Riceland coilovers-540613_475836319108717_745323304_n.jpg   My review of Riceland coilovers-3d1c68eeac0611e180d51231380fcd7e_7.jpg  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #404
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

lol scott

y u so mad bro?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #405
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,327
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
(gruseome pics)
Wow, now I feel kinda guilty.

I have, in fact, purchased one set of Raceland coilovers. Specifically, they were the absolute cheapest height-adjustable thing I could find to stick on my '92 just before I sold it, so that I could pull off the several-years-old revalved Bilsteins and transplant them onto my current car.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:55 AM   #406
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

My super awesome ricelands are still kickin in the '00.
No issues.....That I heard about from current owners
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #407
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

One of my buddies just got some ricelands, he loves them... compared to his cut springs he had before.

Now he is asking on facebook if he can take the helper springs off to slam it
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #408
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Tell him to contact Braineak for instructions.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:08 PM   #409
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Tell him to contact Braineak for instructions.
it invovles exhaust plumbing, *****, and procreation (or lack thereof)
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #410
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

You forgot the tranny press and sawzall slam

soniamdissapoint
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM   #411
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

I told him the more he slams it, the more he will ride on the bumpstops, AKA the same as cutting your springs.

Will he listen? Probably not. He is a dr1ft0R so he knows better than me.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:21 PM   #412
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,327
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

I think I've come up with a brilliant idea which will make me a hundredaire.

A Miata-specific suspension package designed especially for drifting applications. It consists of a tubular steel bar with an eyelet at the bottom to mate with the lower control arm, and a threaded section at the top to attach to the shock tophat. A solid-steel tophat with no rubber will be available as an optional upgrade for the NB cars.

I may elect to build the bar in two halves, which mate in a male-female threaded section, so that they are ride-height adjustable to allow for as much as 0.2cm clearance between the tire and the fender.

Imagine the weight savings from not needing a heavy spring or a big tube full of oil!
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #413
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Slap some jdm stickers on there and they'll pull a premium at Drift warz
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #414
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,199
Total Cats: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Wow, now I feel kinda guilty.

I have, in fact, purchased one set of Raceland coilovers. Specifically, they were the absolute cheapest height-adjustable thing I could find to stick on my '92 just before I sold it, so that I could pull off the several-years-old revalved Bilsteins and transplant them onto my current car.

Wait where can you get Bilsteins revalved and rebuilt at?
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #415
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
Wait where can you get Bilsteins revalved and rebuilt at?

OMFG, did just you seriously just hop on the Banned Wagon?
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:29 PM   #416
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,199
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

oh he mad
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #417
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,899
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
A solid-steel tophat with no rubber will be available as an optional upgrade for the NB cars.
Make sure a spacer is involved:



Attached Thumbnails
My review of Riceland coilovers-6y5y9ase.jpg   My review of Riceland coilovers-img_20121221_154605.jpg  
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #418
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,327
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Slap some jdm stickers on there and they'll pull a premium at Drift warz
I will do one better. Once the prototype is done and the design is finished, I will have them manufactured in China, and include a CDM sticker with a logo of my own choosing.

Hello new fad!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
Wait where can you get Bilsteins revalved and rebuilt at?
I got mine done many years ago by Shaikh at Fat Cat Motorsports. This was back when he was just starting out, before he'd really created a "product line" as it exists today. His newer stuff is a fair bit pricier, and I honestly have no idea whether he still accepts customer shocks for re-valving or if he only sells his own stuff.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #419
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,199
Total Cats: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
OMFG, did just you seriously just hop on the Banned Wagon?
I refuse to join any banned wagons. Adjustable nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I got mine done many years ago by Shaikh at Fat Cat Motorsports. This was back when he was just starting out, before he'd really created a "product line" as it exists today. His newer stuff is a fair bit pricier, and I honestly have no idea whether he still accepts customer shocks for re-valving or if he only sells his own stuff.
Ohhh, yeah last i checked with fat cat they weren't accepting old ones to be rebuilt. I also thought i read on here that some of the last few people that dealt with them said they were kinda sketchey.
Darn.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #420
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Miami
Posts: 210
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
I think I've come up with a brilliant idea which will make me a hundredaire.

A Miata-specific suspension package designed especially for drifting applications. It consists of a tubular steel bar with an eyelet at the bottom to mate with the lower control arm, and a threaded section at the top to attach to the shock tophat. A solid-steel tophat with no rubber will be available as an optional upgrade for the NB cars.

I may elect to build the bar in two halves, which mate in a male-female threaded section, so that they are ride-height adjustable to allow for as much as 0.2cm clearance between the tire and the fender.

Imagine the weight savings from not needing a heavy spring or a big tube full of oil!
You jest, but a few years ago I was at a light when a guy in a 240SX hatchback entered the intersection at like 70 mph and drifted the entire thing (he was coming on the road perpendicular to the one I was on and turned left, putting him on the same road I was on). It turned out a friend of mine knew the guy and when I inquired about his suspension setup, it turned out they were gutted stock shocks which he filled with cement and welded shut. Drift people have no clue about suspension because all they need for drifting is a stupidly stiff setup. I have a buddy with an S2000 who swears his BC Racing coilovers are great and likes Stance GR coilovers because the drifters claim they are great, I don't have the heart to tell him how wrong he is. He also has no clue what a suspension dyno is, coincidence? I think not.
MatosMiata is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB: Megan EZ street coilovers Rhidell WTB 1 09-26-2015 05:27 PM
Koni 1150 Coilover Kit drumman83 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 2 09-25-2015 08:03 PM
New personal best 1/8th mile tehzack Dynos and timesheets 10 09-21-2015 07:30 PM
Upgrade my MSM coilovers springs or KW ? elior77 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 14 09-17-2015 10:20 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.