A tranny option - Page 13 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain discuss the wondrous effects of boost and your miata...
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A tranny option

Old 09-08-2016, 09:41 PM
  #241  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -66
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
TL;DR

u mad bro?
Are you? Instead of answering a simple question and leaving it be, now there is this huge discussion going on that has nothing to do with transmissions.
Guy Farting is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -4 Leave a negcat
Old 09-08-2016, 09:44 PM
  #242  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 125
Total Cats: -66
Default

Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
So posting random crap is cool but someone asking a question about things you have PTSD about because someone asked it before is not cool.
Guy Farting is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -3 Leave a negcat
Old 09-08-2016, 09:44 PM
  #243  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,671
Total Cats: 186
Default

Originally Posted by Guy Farting View Post
Uh ok. It would suck if everyone had this attitude and every time I wanted to look up a meaning of a word I couldn't use a dictionary I had to go out into the world and start writing my own.
To use your own analogy: You asked for the definition of a word. Someone handed you a dictionary so you could look it up yourself. You proceeded to get angry because they didn't just give you the definition of the word. If you had just taken the time to read the thread you would have gotten the answer to your question and learned a ton of other relevant information to your inquiry.
Ryan_G is offline  
Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 PM
  #244  
Hug Life
iTrader: (3)
 
Monk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Huntington, Indiana
Posts: 2,945
Total Cats: 576
Default

Stop posting in this thread.
Stop posting in general for a while.
Monk is offline  
Old 09-08-2016, 09:48 PM
  #245  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,408
Total Cats: 1,605
Default

Originally Posted by Guy Farting View Post
So posting random crap is cool but someone asking a question about things you have PTSD about because someone asked it before is not cool.
Mine was funny.Yours sucked
aidandj is offline  
Old 09-08-2016, 09:54 PM
  #246  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 17,594
Total Cats: 2,006
Default

Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
To use your own analogy: You asked for the definition of a word. Someone handed you a dictionary so you could look it up yourself. You proceeded to get angry because they didn't just give you the definition of the word. If you had just taken the time to read the thread you would have gotten the answer to your question and learned a ton of other relevant information to your inquiry.
You argue logic with an ***, my friend. Asses understand carrots and sticks.
sixshooter is offline  
Old 09-08-2016, 10:07 PM
  #247  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,699
Total Cats: 1,551
Default

Guy,

Stop arguing. You will not "win" this argument on this forum, whether you believe you are justified or not. Ever.

Cut your losses. Either go away and think about it for a while or use the search function as a few here were polite enough to coach you on.

Stop
__________________


www.facebook.com/SuperMiata

949RACING.COM Home of the 6UL wheel

1:1FTW
Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
.. since all the manufacturers list a 8.5 inch wheel max. That's a 1.5 inch stretch, are you really OK with that?
emilio700 is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 12:21 AM
  #248  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,018
Total Cats: 3,082
Default

Originally Posted by Guy Farting View Post
Are you? Instead of answering a simple question and leaving it be, now there is this huge discussion going on that has nothing to do with transmissions.
don't worry I'll clean up your dumb posts later when I'm bored
enjoy the ban
18psi is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 02:38 AM
  #249  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,408
Total Cats: 1,605
Default

Please leave my ice fishing car. He's cute.
aidandj is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 08:25 AM
  #250  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,297
Total Cats: 235
Default

I'm sure he's not reading this thread anymore, but I thought I'd share this for anyone else reading that has trouble searching MT.net.

Chrome custom search:

Go to settings->Manage Search Engines...


Scroll to the bottom to find a place to add a new engine:


I use 'm' for my keyword, and my URL looks like: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:miataturbo.net+%s

Once you save this, open a new tab, type "m" followed by a space, and your search terms.

thenuge26 is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 08:33 AM
  #251  
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 74,888
Total Cats: 2,075
Default

mind blown.


this place sucks for info.
Braineack is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 08:55 AM
  #252  
Junior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 442
Total Cats: 12
Default

Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
I'm sure he's not reading this thread anymore, but I thought I'd share this for anyone else reading that has trouble searching MT.net.

Chrome custom search:

Go to settings->Manage Search Engines...


Scroll to the bottom to find a place to add a new engine:


I use 'm' for my keyword, and my URL looks like: https://www.google.com/search?q=site:miataturbo.net+%s

Once you save this, open a new tab, type "m" followed by a space, and your search terms.
Very nice, put this in the noob intro guide to all things?
slammed200 is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 09:10 AM
  #253  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,018
Total Cats: 3,082
Default

You're assuming they will actually take the time to read a guide, which is just way too demanding. Stop the aggression
18psi is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 09:11 AM
  #254  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 59
Default

Originally Posted by slammed200 View Post
Very nice, put this in the noob intro guide to all things?
If you are advanced enough to set up custom searches, you are far from the noob who needs help.

Just google your question and place a miataturbo in there somewhere and you will find the nuggets (you don't need to specify the site. It requires the skill of reading and filtering out bullshit of course, an acquired excellence.

Adding -site:clubroadster.net can be helpful though
NiklasFalk is offline  
Old 09-09-2016, 10:41 AM
  #255  
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,699
Total Cats: 1,551
Default

Originally Posted by slammed200 View Post
Very nice, put this in the noob intro guide to all things?
Yah.

Myself, I use advanced search built into the site. Click the magnifying glass icon.
__________________


www.facebook.com/SuperMiata

949RACING.COM Home of the 6UL wheel

1:1FTW
Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
.. since all the manufacturers list a 8.5 inch wheel max. That's a 1.5 inch stretch, are you really OK with that?
emilio700 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lovetoturn
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
30
11-18-2015 08:33 PM
EricJ
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
6
09-13-2015 09:44 PM
cyotani
DIY Turbo Discussion
9
10-12-2013 12:37 AM
fastivab6tg25mr
Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain
63
09-03-2012 12:10 PM
chriscar
Prefabbed Turbo Kits
50
03-23-2008 09:13 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A tranny option


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.