93' Miata stolen and flipped build thread - Page 183 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-31-2015, 11:16 PM   #3641
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

I'd do it if I didn't know the cops watch these things like hawks for stupid shenanigans...
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:20 PM   #3642
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,902
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Totally worth it
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:34 PM   #3643
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,516
Total Cats: 255
Default

yay efr! vroom vroom. are you using the stock damper? cause it will shear off eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
I want to see him use the 4 port valve and 2 port actuator. 12~14psi on a 3lb spring with boost by gear
I have both a 2 port actuator and 4 port valve but haven't had time to do anything. I really want to do 30psi on a 3lb spring.
soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:47 PM   #3644
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

I'll eventually go with an ATI once my bank account recovers from being raped. Changed the boost lines. T'd off the turbo compressor and lower ewg port and ran the other side of the EBC to the upper. Venting the middle port.
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:45 AM   #3645
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,564
Total Cats: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soviet View Post
I have both a 2 port actuator and 4 port valve but haven't had time to do anything. I really want to do 30psi on a 3lb spring.
WAT. What 2 port actuator are you using? This is highly relevant to my interests.
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #3646
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Only 10 psi till my AFR looks better but Jesus it spools fast. Like, no discernable lag

Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 AM   #3647
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Been a while Mister Double Post.
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 AM   #3648
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Sorry about the sound only YouTube videos. I have no wifi in this new house so my phone data would face plant if it had any data on the video besides sound.
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 AM   #3649
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,118
Total Cats: 256
Default

Your excuses bore me. I want to see your boost ***** tach needle swinging like I know it does
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:28 AM   #3650
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,516
Total Cats: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post
WAT. What 2 port actuator are you using? This is highly relevant to my interests.
Forge wastegate actuator sold by Full Race. It has two ports, with lower one usually being blocked off. The ports are M6 threads.



I also bought m6 to 3an adapters (like this) but haven't plumbed it fully yet.
soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:28 PM   #3651
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

And just to make sure my solenoid is plumbed correctly by you guys who sleep and understand this better than I. This is the diagram I used to plumb mine. Better way to do it besides the 4 port method(long term solution)?
Attached Thumbnails
93' Miata stolen and flipped build thread-boost-solenoid-install1290836267.jpg  
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 12:32 PM   #3652
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,902
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Hey jeff can you confirm you only used about 36 inches of braided line for the oil cooler?
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #3653
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
Hey jeff can you confirm you only used about 36 inches of braided line for the oil cooler?
Apologies I meant to reply but turbo giddiness. Yes, 36 will be plenty if youount it as I did.
4=90 10-an fittings
2=22mm x 1.5 male to -10an male adapter

If using Setrab you need the 22mm coupler otherwise you gonna be angry when you go to install it.

As for the sandwich plate, you only need.to cut the length off the threaded pipe if you are only using the sandwich plate. If using the stock cooler as a spacer you shouldn't have issues. My Mocal+stock plate was to thick to have anything left to thread on the oil filter. If you have an angle grinder it takes 5 seconds to zip it off and another minute to grind it flat. Just make sure I'd you cut it that you thread on the but a couple times to clean up the abrupt thread cut. The nuts threads are way stronger than the pipe so it is like using a die to recut the threads.

That make sense? Been a long morning.
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #3654
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,723
Total Cats: 2,481
Default

man oh man am I getting excited about this car.
it is hereby nearing perfection. My only gripe with it before was that the log mani was not on par with the level of the rest of the car, and now you're running big baller stuff.

P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #3655
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,902
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbucc View Post
Apologies I meant to reply but turbo giddiness. Yes, 36 will be plenty if youount it as I did.
4=90 10-an fittings
2=22mm x 1.5 male to -10an male adapter

If using Setrab you need the 22mm coupler otherwise you gonna be angry when you go to install it.

As for the sandwich plate, you only need.to cut the length off the threaded pipe if you are only using the sandwich plate. If using the stock cooler as a spacer you shouldn't have issues. My Mocal+stock plate was to thick to have anything left to thread on the oil filter. If you have an angle grinder it takes 5 seconds to zip it off and another minute to grind it flat. Just make sure I'd you cut it that you thread on the but a couple times to clean up the abrupt thread cut. The nuts threads are way stronger than the pipe so it is like using a die to recut the threads.

That make sense? Been a long morning.
My oil cooler came with the adapters so I'm set there. The AN 90* fittings are stupid expensive, not happy about that.

I have a 1.6 so no cooler, I have a sandwich plate for gauges, which has its own threaded tube. I'm still a bit confused but I think that after I see the sandwich plate and mock it up it will make more sense.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #3656
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
man oh man am I getting excited about this car.
it is hereby nearing perfection. My only gripe with it before was that the log mani was not on par with the level of the rest of the car, and now you're running big baller stuff.

P-E-R-F-E-C-T-I-O-N
You and me both comrade Vlad. The log manifold was tried and true with the exception of the aids ridden flange(being machined to sell properly).

Is it sad I'm just happy I can't for the life of me thing of anything else I really want to do that aren't errant "that'd be cool but unnecessary" mods? After the tune and some street tires, so I don't prematurely wear out the RC1s, I'm done, I'm finally ******* done. This time I'm not just saying that too. I'm physically and mentally tired of working on this and just want to get in, turn the key, and go ***** out with a smile on my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
My oil cooler came with the adapters so I'm set there. The AN 90* fittings are stupid expensive, not happy about that.

I have a 1.6 so no cooler, I have a sandwich plate for gauges, which has its own threaded tube. I'm still a bit confused but I think that after I see the sandwich plate and mock it up it will make more sense.
It is honestly much more intimidating thinking about it than just getting your hands dirty and start ripping it apart. Once you get in there you'll realize how easy it is.

You don't have to do this, but I'm really glad I removed the intake.Mani to install it. Would have been a lot more frustrating reaching in from beneath the car than staring at it above your car. That probably took the longest just removing that and reinstalling it.
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:22 PM   #3657
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 17,902
Total Cats: 1,433
Default

Alright, thanks for the info, I'll play with it when I get it. The an connectors is what I'm still on the hunt for. I just can't justify paying that much right now. So I'll be on the lookout for deals until I inevitably say **** it and just buy them new.
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #3658
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 5,981
Total Cats: 576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbucc View Post
After the tune and some street tires, so I don't prematurely wear out the RC1s, I'm done, I'm finally ******* done. This time I'm not just saying that too. I'm physically and mentally tired of working on this and just want to get in, turn the key, and go ***** out with a smile on my face.
So . . . when is your first track day exactly? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
hornetball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:02 PM   #3659
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
So . . . when is your first track day exactly? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Fine Print

***with the exception of repairs and maintenance when impacting a tire wall***
Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:29 PM   #3660
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cedar City, UT
Posts: 2,769
Total Cats: 948
Default

Exhaust all finished up. AFRs look good, I know I was in the 20ish psi range but I was concentrating on keeping the car straight. Sound only again till I have a proper network connection. Me Gusta

Jeffbucc is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 08:36 PM
Project DDoS: '99 "Budget" boost build ProjectDDoS Build Threads 1 09-09-2015 01:52 PM
Drummersrs old Miata, new to me foshizzle Meet and Greet 9 09-08-2015 12:26 PM
Noob here, turbo NC project starts now. turboLuigi Meet and Greet 2 09-04-2015 01:29 PM


Tags
anti-rattle mafia, circle jerk, don't touch the girls, epic ocd, gayle, i see a dust speck, let's clean this too, massive erection, old becomes new, putty in our hands, resistance is futile, shock brace doesn't match, so fresh n so clean, tucked in waistline, want to touch the hiney, we spend jeff's money, whale with herpes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 PM.