I was told to bring this thread over here. Blame Fireindc. - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Media > Build Threads
Reload this Page >

I was told to bring this thread over here. Blame Fireindc.

Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

I was told to bring this thread over here. Blame Fireindc.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:16 AM
  #21  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
Sorry man, I've been slacking on getting your logs up. At least now there's a place to put them.

I'm surprised that you've got yellow top injectors in there (never mind I see they're 440cc I thought they were 550). I know it was running 11.3 AFR in boost, but I wouldn't think running that rich would cause them to run out of steam as early as they did. The logs showed 80-something percent duty cycle at only 6000rpm.

If you've got a wally 255 though you should be able to get enough extra fuel pressure to deal with it once you get that FPR installed.

No worries dude. Until now. GET THAT **** UP!!!

I think the yellows are 420cc. But, i'm sure with some more pressure that they could easily handle, they'll support anything the 2554 will throw at it, especially since it's a bit rich at the moment anyways.

I figure i gotta replace those hoses anyways, and since M-Tuned rail, should be cake to ram some AN lines everywhere.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:31 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 766
Total Cats: 40
Default

I wholeheartedly approve of this thread. You will do this car many more justices than I did as its owner.

Now I just need to start my own for the MSM. Blouch MSM ALLOFIT build.
vteckiller2000 is online now  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:36 AM
  #23  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
I wholeheartedly approve of this thread. You will do this car many more justices than I did as its owner.

Now I just need to start my own for the MSM. Blouch MSM ALLOFIT build.
Blouch ALLOFIT vs. 2554r ALLOFIT to see who achieves the least glory?


I think i need to take the manifold and turbo off and have the mating surface machined. It's leaking there. Sadface. I'M MISSING OUT ON SPOOL
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:39 AM
  #24  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,023
Total Cats: 3,085
Default

there is no glory in either of those weenie turbo's

but yeah cool thread and finally you have a build thread here instead of always posting random pictures and random info in random places and like a spaz
18psi is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:42 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 766
Total Cats: 40
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
Blouch ALLOFIT vs. 2554r ALLOFIT to see who achieves the least glory?


I think i need to take the manifold and turbo off and have the mating surface machined. It's leaking there. Sadface. I'M MISSING OUT ON SPOOL
For most glorys I must find a dynojet. The dyno I use is a super low calibrated Mustang which gives me no glorys.

Also, don't be dumb.
vteckiller2000 is online now  
Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 AM
  #26  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

I think maybe i should actually just bring the threads for the other cars over here as well. You guys are smarter than most of the other forums i post on, and i like active feedback instead of "WOW BRO DATS LIKE SO KEWL!" or "GEE YOU MUST BE RICH, I SCRAPE MONEY TO PAY FOR OIL CHANGES" or whatever the hell people post on the threads elsewhere.


Will you all be offended if i move the MX6 over here?
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:09 AM
  #27  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,703
Total Cats: 266
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I think maybe i should actually just bring the threads for the other cars over here as well. You guys are smarter than most of the other forums i post on, and i like active feedback instead of "WOW BRO DATS LIKE SO KEWL!" or "GEE YOU MUST BE RICH, I SCRAPE MONEY TO PAY FOR OIL CHANGES" or whatever the hell people post on the threads elsewhere.


Will you all be offended if i move the MX6 over here?
Personally, I'd love if you brought your builds over here. I love laughing at your ancient electronic doohickies and epic KLZE fails

Seriously though, DO IT.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 766
Total Cats: 40
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I think maybe i should actually just bring the threads for the other cars over here as well. You guys are smarter than most of the other forums i post on, and i like active feedback instead of "WOW BRO DATS LIKE SO KEWL!" or "GEE YOU MUST BE RICH, I SCRAPE MONEY TO PAY FOR OIL CHANGES" or whatever the hell people post on the threads elsewhere.


Will you all be offended if i move the MX6 over here?
Do it.

I am thinking about bringing the Volvo over here too. Many angries will be had if peoples see my old shitty tractor engine with ALL ebay parts putting down ~300 rwhp with 26 psi on a stock bottom end and no fuel management.
vteckiller2000 is online now  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:16 AM
  #29  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
For most glorys I must find a dynojet. The dyno I use is a super low calibrated Mustang which gives me no glorys.

Also, don't be dumb.

No seriously, it's got a pre-turbo exhaust leak. Figure fix that, get VICS up and running, enjoy an extra 500rpms of turbo boosting?
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:18 AM
  #30  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids
Posts: 766
Total Cats: 40
Default

Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
No seriously, it's got a pre-turbo exhaust leak. Figure fix that, get VICS up and running, enjoy an extra 500rpms of turbo boosting?
I doubt it will be that much. I'm in for dyno sheets before/after though.

Did you really have someone else hook up their computer to the MS to log?
vteckiller2000 is online now  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:25 AM
  #31  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
I doubt it will be that much. I'm in for dyno sheets before/after though.

Did you really have someone else hook up their computer to the MS to log?

Yes. I haven't really had a bunch of time to get set up and familiar with the software yet.

I didn't want to be driving around, trying to force this bitch into 1st gear at every stop light, and trying to figure out where the hell everything is in the software all at the same time.

Needs a little work, i'll work on it this weekend. We got the idle to not be so crazy rich, but now it's a little lean for my comfort level cruising at fast highway speeds sometimes. I think we may have miscalculated the cells this thing hangs out in a little bit.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:28 AM
  #32  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,597
Total Cats: 343
Default

Autotune.
Erat is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:30 AM
  #33  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Yeah, yeah. We weren't concerned with cruising AFRs at the time because they were perfect.

And i've read on here that you shouldn't bother attempting to autotune idle.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 12:16 PM
  #34  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,117
Total Cats: 643
Default

Fire's thread turned into a Subaru thread for nearly 6 months, so why not?

Site name should change to "Bunch of A-Holes That Think They Know Cars and Sometimes Make Lucky Guesses.net."
hornetball is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM
  #35  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,703
Total Cats: 266
Default

Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
Fire's thread turned into a Subaru thread for nearly 6 months, so why not?

Site name should change to "Bunch of A-Holes That Think They Know Cars and Sometimes Make Lucky Guesses.net."
LOL, this only happened because I got more help from my thread here than on the 3 different subaru forums I'm a member of combined. Seriously, i **** you not.

i love you guys.
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:32 PM
  #36  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,297
Total Cats: 235
Default

I didn't adjust anything near where you would be cruising on the highway. How lean are we talking? I'm usually in the mid 15s at 70mph and haven't had any issues.

I guess we'll know for sure once I get those logs posted up, hopefully I'll have time to do that tonight.
thenuge26 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:41 PM
  #37  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
I didn't adjust anything near where you would be cruising on the highway. How lean are we talking? I'm usually in the mid 15s at 70mph and haven't had any issues.

I guess we'll know for sure once I get those logs posted up, hopefully I'll have time to do that tonight.

Eh i guess mid high 15s is where it was around 65-70ish. Any higher and the turbo starts doing its thing and it richens back up a bit.

I think i'm just used to the MX6, since that's really the last car i was driving that gave me a wideband to stare at.

It's getting good gas mileage, though. 25mpg the first tank, i and i kinda beat on it a lot getting a feel for it.
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
  #38  
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,703
Total Cats: 266
Default

mid 15's is about perfect for cruise with minimal load, your MX6 is just fail aids
Fireindc is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:45 PM
  #39  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Originally Posted by Fireindc View Post
mid 15's is about perfect for cruise with minimal load, your MX6 is just fail aids

Please2be explaining why the MX6 gets 41mpg and this car doesn't, then?
concealer404 is offline  
Old 03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
  #40  
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,613
Total Cats: 1,209
Default

Is the 323GTX PCV still the one to buy?
concealer404 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I was told to bring this thread over here. Blame Fireindc.


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.