YAY for healthcare! - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #21
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

We've had healthcare for ages down here too, and when people in Canada need healthcare fast, they cross the border.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #22
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,908
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

I have health care and I am completely happy with my current plan.

I don't NOT like being extorted for reasons including but not limited to: helping my fellow man, any charity I do not voluntarily choose to give, a guise it will be better for me, given sub-par service at increased cost compared to the service I pay for now.

my ability, my success, my wealth, my future, my well being, my life, my xxx > than everyone or anything.

US born Hippies do not share this ideal, but foreign immigrants who come to this country do...go figure.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:32 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
US born Hippies do not share this ideal, but foreign immigrants who come to this country do...go figure.
Because the reason why we left our countries was to seek a free land, and leave the goverment controled and semi-communist contries we were born on.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:35 AM   #24
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,908
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

But we are greedy and want to make money to better ourselves, and in doing so we create better, cheaper, faster products in order to outdo the next....this is the most horrible thing I've ever heard of.

But instead of moving to ever other shitty country in the world. I want to stay here and **** you ******** over!
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:36 AM   #25
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
We've had healthcare for ages down here too, and when people in Canada need healthcare fast, they cross the border.
Yup some people go down to the states, but guess what, a lot of US citizens come up to Canada for health service. My mothers side of the family is from California, and they live in Canada 6 months of the year to use our health service. They're a farming family and don't pay a monthly fee for health care. It is included in their citizenship. My grandfather has gotten immediate health care (in Canada) for several major injuries.

People go to the states to use healthcare when they want fast treatment on non essential services.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I have health care and I am completely happy with my current plan.

I don't NOT like being extorted for reasons including but not limited to: helping my fellow man, any charity I do not voluntarily choose to give, a guise it will be better for me, given sub-par service at increased cost compared to the service I pay for now.

my ability, my success, my wealth, my future, my well being, my life, my xxx > than everyone or anything.

US born Hippies do not share this ideal, but foreign immigrants who come to this country do...go figure.
What wait, your plan? Is this something you get through work / pay for? Because they sell plans here too which cover the dentist, etc. But every Canadian citizen gets the identical treatment in the hospital / with their family doctor, irregardless of their social status.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:38 AM   #26
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
But we are greedy and want to make money to better ourselves, and in doing so we create better, cheaper, faster products in order to outdo the next....this is the most horrible thing I've ever heard of.

But instead of moving to ever other shitty country in the world. I want to stay here and **** you ******** over!
The only reason you create cheaper products is because some other poorer nation is doing the work. As far as better, that can be argued.

And it's all great to say personal wealth / success is your prime goal, but see what you say when Joe Whatever who has way more money then you buys that heart you need to live.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #27
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
People go to the states to use healthcare when they want fast treatment on non essential services.
There in lies the crux of the issue. What the doctor thinks is essential may not be what the government thinks is essential may not be what the patient thinks is essential. If you don't think you're paying for your healthcare, then you haven't compared your tax rates with ours.

I've got relatives in the UK who are paying out of pocket to send their daughter to a specialist in Belgium because she's still on the waiting list just to get TESTED for the condition for which she's already been tested and is receiving necessary treatment for in Belgium.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
Because the reason why we left our countries was to seek a free land, and leave the goverment controled and semi-communist contries we were born on.
A lot of people came to the US not out of their own free will, but because they were convicts and sentenced to come here. I like how you also call it free land when there were people living on North America long before any of us got here.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #29
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Yes, because we all know government run healthcare is one size fits all. Ours will be exactly like yours. What works for Canada (some of the time) won't necessarily work for us. The vast majority were perfectly happy with how things are now, or how they were, but the government just HAS to put their nose in everyones business.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #30
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
A lot of people came to the US not out of their own free will, but because they were convicts and sentenced to come here. I like how you also call it free land when there were people living on North America long before any of us got here.
That has nothing to do with healthcare, so shut your bitch mouth! I'm one of those people that were here before, but it doesn't matter, it's been that way all over the world, forever. The US wasn't the first to take over someone else's land. But again, this is about HEALTHCARE
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #31
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,908
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Shut your face. The reason some businesses choose to go to different countries is because we have things called unions and minimum wage and taxes.

Countries in which we set up shop have never had such opportunities to work in such great conditions. They love that we are forced to go for cheaper foreign labor by our own government because sew shirts all day give them more wealth than they would ever make farming rice with donkeys.

Joe Whatever has his freedom to buy and do what he choose, I have no resentment for people wealthier than I am. This was the card I was dealt and I do not need to take a pipe to the back of his knees in order to better myself. I can work harder and make the best of what I got and use the best of my abilities to earn it. Sorry you're such a lazy sack of ****.

...and I would sell my kidney if it was legal.

America was founded on inequality. It's unfortunate, but remember that it was the North and the industrialists that ended slavery. If the social system was so awesome, it would have been proven time in time again over thousands of years, on the other hand the American is the first of it's kinda and in it's incredibly sort test of time has trumped every other system ever.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
A lot of people came to the US not out of their own free will, but because they were convicts and sentenced to come here. I like how you also call it free land when there were people living on North America long before any of us got here.
The first part of your sentence only apply to cubans.Yes, there was people throughout the continent before the Spaniards, English, and French got here, whats your point of relevance??
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #33
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
There in lies the crux of the issue. What the doctor thinks is essential may not be what the government thinks is essential may not be what the patient thinks is essential. If you don't think you're paying for your healthcare, then you haven't compared your tax rates with ours.

I've got relatives in the UK who are paying out of pocket to send their daughter to a specialist in Belgium because she's still on the waiting list just to get TESTED for the condition for which she's already been tested and is receiving necessary treatment for in Belgium.
have you even seen my tax rate? My best friend moved to California when his company got bought out, and he pays so much more then I do. Here's my family breakdown:

Me: full time university student. Made $9,000. Paid under 1000 in federal taxes. Got $380 refund
Wife: Made $55,000. Taxed $8,900. Refunded $3100.

So we paid just over $6000 in taxes, and this covers way more then just health care. My friend pays WAY more then that just for his family health care.
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #34
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
The first part of your sentence only apply to cubans.Yes, there was people throughout the continent before the Spaniards, English, and French got here, whats your point of relevance??
My point of relevance is it wasn't free. People came here and changed it to whatever they wanted. Maybe you should accept change sometimes
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #35
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,908
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
have you even seen my tax rate? My best friend moved to California when his company got bought out, and he pays so much more then I do. Here's my family breakdown:

Me: full time university student. Made $9,000. Paid under 1000 in federal taxes. Got $380 refund
Wife: Made $55,000. Taxed $8,900. Refunded $3100.

So we paid just over $6000 in taxes, and this covers way more then just health care. My friend pays WAY more then that just for his family health care.

That's because CA is run by a bunch of socialist ******** that tax the rich and businesses (8.5%) in order to pay for pensions, shitty govt run services and entitlements. It's the worse state in the union, over 300 billion in debt and run on a 60 billion a year deficit, and a GREAT example for you to use supporting our point.

If you were a US citizen you would have gotten your full $1000 back. 40% of americans to not pay taxes, yet make up a higher percentile of people that want free things/services/entitlements. Our Gov't takes away our freedoms in order to cater to this large group of citizens, what's a 1000000 trillion dollar bill to them when they dont have to pay? they get more free stuff, so they'll vote for this **** all day long.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
My point of relevance is it wasn't free. People came here and changed it to whatever they wanted. Maybe you should accept change sometimes
I meant free in the non-goverment-controlled and semi-communist country sense...
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #37
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Shut your face. The reason some businesses choose to go to different countries is because we have things called unions and minimum wage and taxes.

Countries in which we set up shop have never had such opportunities to work in such great conditions. They love that we are forced to go for cheaper foreign labor by our own government because sew shirts all day give them more wealth than they would ever make farming rice with donkeys.

Joe Whatever has his freedom to buy and do what he choose, I have no resentment for people wealthier than I am. This was the card I was dealt and I do not need to take a pipe to the back of his knees in order to better myself. I can work harder and make the best of what I got and use the best of my abilities to earn it. Sorry you're such a lazy sack of ****.

...and I would sell my kidney if it was legal.

America was founded on inequality. It's unfortunate, but remember that it was the North and the industrialists that ended slavery. If the social system was so awesome, it would have been proven time in time again over thousands of years, on the other hand the American is the first of it's kinda and in it's incredibly sort test of time has trumped every other system ever.
First off, why does quality of health care have to coincide with your wealth? If you think it's just what someones lot is in life, and to accept it, well then that sounds a lot like slavery.

Nice argument *******.

btw good debate guys. I was looking for an argument this morning
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #38
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
have you even seen my tax rate? My best friend moved to California when his company got bought out, and he pays so much more then I do. Here's my family breakdown:

Me: full time university student. Made $9,000. Paid under 1000 in federal taxes. Got $380 refund
Wife: Made $55,000. Taxed $8,900. Refunded $3100.

So we paid just over $6000 in taxes, and this covers way more then just health care. My friend pays WAY more then that just for his family health care.
Have fun when you start making real money. 43% of 100,000 dollars is going to suck ***.

Our healthcare is pretty good. Because we have high taxes to pay for it. And don't have to pay out the *** to bail out some banker ********. Canada, for the first time ever, is looking better than the US.
Senna Vs. Prost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #39
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Victoria, BC
Posts: 2,322
Total Cats: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Vs. Prost View Post
Have fun when you start making real money. 43% of 100,000 dollars is going to suck ***.

Our healthcare is pretty good. Because we have high taxes to pay for it. And don't have to pay out the *** to bail out some banker ********. Canada, for the first time ever, is looking better than the US.
We don't have overinflated payrolls in Canada. Most people don't really make anything close to $100,000 here, and I don't ever expect to make that much so it's not a concern For a while me and my wife had combined income of just over $80,000, and it's not taxed to 45%.

And come on, every place has benefits to move to. You should visit the west coast of BC if you haven't. Amazing roads and awesome weather. Come to Victoria and I'll show you around
dustinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #40
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,908
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinb View Post
First off, why does quality of health care have to coincide with your wealth?
Why not?

Why should my quality of health care be worse because you cannot afford the level I find satisfactory?

Why should I have to pay more money for a lesser service in order for you to get a better service?

Why is your need greater than my ability?

Slavery, give me a break?! Why is living in a Serfdom society any better than slavery? How long have humans been on this earth? Everyone wants to better themselves..why aren't we all millionaires living in mansions yet
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Ninelives Racing :) ino20 Meet and Greet 13 10-02-2015 03:38 PM
Burning Man Faeflora Insert BS here 38 08-19-2012 12:34 PM
Lexan windows Oscar Race Prep 19 04-20-2011 12:40 PM
Steve's 1993 Turbo Miata W/ Megasquirt cardriverx Media 0 02-23-2010 04:14 PM
Yay another problem! Dark Wanderer Insert BS here 8 06-16-2008 08:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.