YAY for healthcare! - Page 8 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 04:38 PM   #141
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
She said she wants to move to Germany....and she's from Mexico!
She does not want to move to Germany. I love being in Germany, but would NEVER live on the German economy. You think taxes are bad in the States....tell her to do some research
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #142
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,846
Total Cats: 1,787
Default

I never suggested burning money. I just hold it in a high regard. If you wanna burn it, then you're just silly. It might be second third or even last, but you still need it, want it, and hopefully work for it.

NK and Iran do not fear anymore, and obama has no *****, it's a clever point.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #143
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/TIMELINE.pdf

A timeline on what the bill actually ended up containing, and when it will go into effect, for those of you who had no idea.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #144
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
http://docs.house.gov/energycommerce/TIMELINE.pdf

A timeline on what the bill actually ended up containing, and when it will go into effect, for those of you who had no idea.
Clearly that's all that's contained in the THOUSANDS of pages that the Bill is made up by.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:46 PM   #145
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I never suggested burning money. I just hold it in a high regard. If you wanna burn it, then you're just silly. It might be second third or even last, but you still need it, want it, and hopefully work for it.
Quote:
I never suggested burning money.
...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post

Money should be regarded in the highest order. If you think otherwise, then you should start tearing up your paychecks and live off nothing. You don't want to be a hypocrite do you? Oh wait, is it that money is the root of all good?
Quote:
If you think otherwise, then you should start tearing up your paychecks and live off nothing




Quote:
I never suggested burning money.
Quote:
If you think otherwise, then you should start tearing up your paychecks and live off nothing
Oh, sorry, you're right, not BURNING, just tearing it all up. Let me go find my scotch tape and give it to you so I can tape all my money back together and you can piece your argument back together in a way that makes a TINY amount of sense.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:48 PM   #146
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,846
Total Cats: 1,787
Default

eh, whatever dude. So glad you took everything I wrote and found that fault. I wrote that this morning...i dont remember what happened five minutes ago. You know what I was suggesting...and you took it out of context.

Now that we outed my error, we can all agree social justice is a good idea. Just remember, you can only sell your brake kit for over 1% of costs, it's too beneficial to us for you to make a profit.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:50 PM   #147
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Clearly that's all that's contained in the THOUSANDS of pages that the Bill is made up by.
I ASSume you've read the entire bill yourself, and are prepared to tell us what's NOT included? Or are you ASSuming that what I posted isn't complete, based on absolutely no legitimate reason other than "well it's short so it can't be right"

Have you ever taken a law class in your life? **** is COMPLICATED. Go read the waiver you sign whenever you enter a race track, it's a page long and all it says is "you won't sue us no matter what". Hell, go read a couple of SCOTUS decisions - the recent one allowing corporations to donate freely to political campaigns is 100+ pages long.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:52 PM   #148
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
I ASSume you've read the entire bill yourself, and are prepared to tell us what's NOT included? Or are you ASSuming that what I posted isn't complete, based on absolutely no legitimate reason other than "well it's short so it can't be right"

Have you ever taken a law class in your life? **** is COMPLICATED. Go read the waiver you sign whenever you enter a race track, it's a page long and all it says is "you won't sue us no matter what".
So instead of reading it yourself to insure that what you posted is factual you simply ASSume that what you posted is correct and has an incredible ability to sum everything up in a nice neat little couple page .pdf file?

I'm pretty sure innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply to a Major Health Care reform bill that's being shoved down our throats with absolutely ZERO by-partisan support.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #149
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,846
Total Cats: 1,787
Default

I read the first few bullet points of your pdf...everything adds a cost, nothing saves money, the system will be bankrupt fast unless we force the able to bear the load.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:15 PM   #150
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I read the first few bullet points of your pdf...everything adds a cost, nothing saves money, the system will be bankrupt fast unless we force the able to bear the load.
More incorrect absolutes from the king of incorrect absolutes. Middle of page 3, bottom of page 4, I'll let you not find the rest because you can't be bothered to read past the first 3 bullet points of a 70+ point document.
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #151
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,362
Total Cats: 1,323
Default

I'm done, folks. I have **** to do today and the GOP rhetoric bullshit gives me a headache like no other. Have fun finding your pitchforks and chanting those talking points until you're blue (no pun intended).
Savington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM   #152
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,846
Total Cats: 1,787
Default

i read enough to be so disappointed in America that I couldn't go any further


pitchforks will be votes in Nov... we look forward to it.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:22 PM   #153
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

I wonder what Obama's approval rating did after today? I'm sure most people already saw it coming, but actually seeing it passed probably turned a "few" more people against him.

<--- Pitchfork ready, torche lit, 1 buckle of my overalls loose... (or maybe I'm the only one who visions that person)
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:26 PM   #154
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
It'd be nice if it worked that way. Instead, 46% of Americans who file for bankruptcy do so because their health insurance didn't save them from financial disaster after a major illness.

Medical bills prompt more than 60 percent of U.S. bankruptcies - CNN.com
I've known a LOT of people in my life to file bankruptcy and not a single one of them was due to their health or health insurance.

When this **** goes through I know a few more people who will be filing because of health care costs...
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:29 PM   #155
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,118
Total Cats: 44
Default

So where's my hand-out?

Can I buy new hot-side parts off this reform?

I still want my tuition to be paid for by the government.......
flier129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:30 PM   #156
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post
I'm done, folks. I have **** to do today and the GOP rhetoric bullshit gives me a headache like no other. Have fun finding your pitchforks and chanting those talking points until you're blue (no pun intended).
Now you know how some of us feel to see our fearless leader on television E V E R Y day of the week looking like he's watching a tennis match talking about everything and nothing... Someone who can't even talk to a group of people without a ghostwriter and his teleprompter.

There, Liberals started to attack GWB's character, S.Palin's character, so he might as well be open game too.


Does he use a teleprompter talking dirty to Michelle in bed?


On, and In before "You have no legit argument to this so now you're going to attack him." Well played, Where did I learn that one from????
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #157
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 406
Default

i really want to respond guys, but I can't keep up. I have a job. and for now, it covers my healthcare.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #158
Senior Member
iTrader: (14)
 
brgracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ambler, PA
Posts: 1,275
Total Cats: 1
Default

One of the original writers of the Medicare legislation wrote a book called the Iron Triangle of Healthcare. Basically three sides: cost, quality, and access. It's the same old chestnut of can't have everything you want. There is no way you can increase access, keep the same level of quality, AND decrease costs. Basically like saying I'm going to make a super reliable, 350+ hp miata and it is going to cost even less. It just doesn't happen. There are tradeoffs in every facet of life, the devil is in the details of choosing which tradeoffs.

What I fear most with this legislation, is that the special interests will reign in decisions of what is "covered" and what is "quality" versus data driven criteria. If you look at countries with universal/socialized healthcare system they certainly don't cover everything so someone will always have an opinion as to what is essential, especially if it affects a friend/family. Hell, 10 years ago, if you had kidney failure in the UK and were over 60, you either paid for dialysis or you died, even in a country with "universal" healthcare. My point is NOT that universal healthcare is necessarily bad, but that if you choose universal access then you can't cover everything or your costs will go nuts.

It works for other countries because they are used to such a system, but I think it would not work here, or at least not now. Can you imagine in the US if some poor kid with a rare condition doesn't get treatment because of cost and it gets blown out of proportion by the media? Or the special interest groups pushing for coverage that doesn't even have any proof that it works, or worse yet, that it possibly does more harm than good (i.e. PSA blood screen for prostate cancer - the guy who invented the test doesn't even think it's a good idea)?

As for the dude from Canada, here's part of the reason why the Canadian system doesn't work here as just one example. There is a well proven rule called the Ottowa ankle rules for when you need to take an x-ray for an ankle sprain. Using this rule, you will miss < 0.1% of all ankle fractures, you pickup 99.9% of all ankle fractures, and don't do needless x-rays. Guess what, in the US, the joke among orthopedic surgeons is that those rules only apply in Ottowa because if you miss a fracture in the US, you'll get sued up the wazoo. My point being that people in the US are just not ready to accept those kinds of things in general.

I have so much more to say as well, but like y8s, I'm getting tired of writing.
brgracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #159
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 2,118
Total Cats: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
<--- Pitchfork ready, torche lit, 1 buckle of my overalls loose... (or maybe I'm the only one who visions that person)
Living in AL your neighbor must look like that too!!

Mine is actually sittin on his porch, loaded shotgun, goat-choker dip, spit can, in a rockin chair....
flier129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #160
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flier129 View Post
So where's my hand-out?

Can I buy new hot-side parts off this reform?

I still want my tuition to be paid for by the government.......
Fack yeah!!! IMA GET MINE!!!!!
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Ninelives Racing :) ino20 Meet and Greet 13 10-02-2015 03:38 PM
Burning Man Faeflora Insert BS here 38 08-19-2012 12:34 PM
Lexan windows Oscar Race Prep 19 04-20-2011 12:40 PM
Steve's 1993 Turbo Miata W/ Megasquirt cardriverx Media 0 02-23-2010 04:14 PM
Yay another problem! Dark Wanderer Insert BS here 8 06-16-2008 08:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.