YAY for healthcare! - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 12:45 PM   #61
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
so the next question is: why are you driving on my socialist highways if govt run bureaucracies are so nasty?
Because the government will not let me fly a personal helicopter around to go shopping.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #62
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
You want a ******* GREAT example of how well social programs work? In the state of Kansas you can use the money collected on welfare to buy Gasoline, Cigarettes, and Beer. Really?? Seriously??
You left out SpInNiNgZ KrOmE RiMz
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #63
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 240
Total Cats: -2
Default

Thats just the way it is like everything else in America
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #64
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
so the next question is: why are you driving on my socialist highways if govt run bureaucracies are so nasty?
I'd be all for putting in those EZ Pass tollbooths and cutting out road taxes entirely. Pay for your use, not the right to use it. I drive 10-15 miles a week in vehicles that weigh no more than 3200 lbs, why should I subsidize the people who are driving 300-400 miles a week in vehicles that weigh nearly twice that?
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:50 PM   #65
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
You left out SpInNiNgZ KrOmE RiMz
And the 74" big screen tv in their $200.00 car that has $15,000 wheels on it...
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Overland Park, Kansas
Posts: 5,382
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
I'd be all for putting in those EZ Pass tollbooths and cutting out road taxes entirely. Pay for your use, not the right to use it. I drive 10-15 miles a week in vehicles that weigh no more than 3200 lbs, why should I subsidize the people who are driving 300-400 miles a week in vehicles that weigh nearly twice that?
Just wait, soon thats how the internet is gonna work. Pay-per-mb. Australia already does that.
elesjuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #67
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 240
Total Cats: -2
Default

Oh nooooz that means less MT.net time :[ ^
TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Posts: 2,790
Total Cats: 128
Default

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
pdexta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:58 PM   #69
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimR View Post
Oh nooooz that means less MT.net time :[ ^
Oh ****, that means less time in the NSFW section
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #70
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Just wait, soon thats how the internet is gonna work. Pay-per-mb. Australia already does that.
Pay-Per-MB???? WTF is a MB lululul maybe pay-per-gb

Either way bandwidth is getting so insane I'd be surprised if this happened for anything other than what is already out there. The internet that uses the cellphone network for example.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #71
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdexta View Post
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
I saw that one yesterday...very timely. Also thought this one from C.S. Lewis was particularly relevant:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:12 PM   #72
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
Oh ****, that means less time in the NSFW section
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #73
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
frostyllama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pollock Pines, CA
Posts: 281
Total Cats: -2
Default

this is totally different from what i expected on a miata turbo forum... i mean, we drive miatas?

pro healthcare advocate, i live in kalifornia, the only state large enough to be considered a competitive world economy.
frostyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:43 PM   #74
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Melboure australia
Posts: 171
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesjuan View Post
Just wait, soon thats how the internet is gonna work. Pay-per-mb. Australia already does that.
WTF DONT YOU GUYS??? I pay $60 for about 10gig per month how does your net work???

this is really interesting considering I have no idea how your current system works but it sounds like our "private health insurance" we pay for private which gives us faster access to doctors/ hospitals/ surgery ect, then we have Medicare which is gov funded (by taxes) which everyone has a right too, as you can prob tell by my use of the word faster, this is only reliable when it comes to basic illness, of dr visits that are in & out that supply a prescription, other than that unless you’re dying you have maSSive cue’s in hospitals... If funded correctly it would be great but the gov intentionally don’t so people by private..... sux really, we pay just under $200 for my wife & myself per month for private....

My brother in law has worked hard for about 5 years, he is pretty young & has been diagnosed with a disease which will stop him working within 2 or so years, after that his money will run out pretty quick, his medical bills (private) are pretty big now as it only covers so much, when he stops working he won’t be able to afford private or the expensive medicine which will leave him pretty much for dead unless he gets a special cover by the gov, in which they pretty much cover all his costs, in the U.S under what ive heard in this thread you guys would have him die because he wouldn’t get the cover he needs... unless there’s more to your system that I don’t know about...

this could be your brother or sister am I right?

if I may can I put this question out to everyone.... if it’s not too touchy

would you rather see homeless people on the streets of the U.S helped & not spend so much on military or be a superpower & not help out with the amount of homeless the U.S has? this has always bugged me as to what the general U.S population would say...
sprx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:44 PM   #75
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,813
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyllama View Post
t

pro healthcare advocate, i live in kalifornia, the only state large enough to be considered a competitive world economy.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA AH AH AHAHAHAHAHa AH aH a ah AHA a competitive world economy...ROFL.

Businesses cant move out of CA fast enough.

OPRAH....******* OPRAH, makes sure never to stay in her CA home long enough to have it considered her primary residence so she can avoid CA taxes.

CA has the largest operating deficit, deficit and entitlement programs in the nation; you guys had to delay your tax refunds cause you didn't have the money to pay them back on time...of course interest free.

You live in the worst state in the nation. You couldn't compete with the world because then you'd have to try hard without handouts. you'd ask your competitors to take it easy on you cause it's not fair, then you'd smoke weed and tax the only thing benefiting your state until they were driven to move out, thus taking in less money each year.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #76
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
frostyllama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pollock Pines, CA
Posts: 281
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA HA AH AH AHAHAHAHAHa AH aH a ah AHA a competitive world economy...ROFL.

Businesses cant move out of CA fast enough.

OPRAH....******* OPRAH, makes sure never to stay in her CA home long enough to have it considered her primary residence so she can avoid CA taxes.

CA has the largest operating deficit, deficit and entitlement programs in the nation; you guys had to delay your tax refunds cause you didn't have the money to pay them back on time...of course interest free.

You live in the worst state in the nation. You couldn't compete with the world because then you'd have to try hard without handouts. you'd ask your competitors to take it easy on you cause it's not fair, then you'd smoke weed and tax the only thing benefiting your state until they were driven to move out, thus taking in less money each year.
hey baby, eighth (world scale) is still better then any other state that i can see. wanna hit?

however, state per capita rating at 11th is deffinetely not fantastic

DAMN YOU NUMBER 8 (virginia!)


Quote:
OPRAH....******* OPRAH
the world's savior reincarnate, i love celebrities.

Last edited by frostyllama; 03-22-2010 at 02:14 PM.
frostyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Lancaster, PA
Posts: 240
Total Cats: -2
Default

TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:00 PM   #78
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprx3 View Post
WTF DONT YOU GUYS??? I pay $60 for about 10gig per month how does your net work???
I pay 40 euro a month for unlimited cable interwebzzzz and unlimited free calling to the back home (which is what I'm beginning to not feel not quite so proud of calling the US)
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:04 PM   #79
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
frostyllama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Pollock Pines, CA
Posts: 281
Total Cats: -2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
I pay 40 euro a month for unlimited cable interwebzzzz and unlimited free calling to the back home (which is what I'm beginning to not feel not quite so proud of calling the US)
how does it feel to be stationed in europe's most up and coming prosperous economy?
frostyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:05 PM   #80
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I pay 40 a month for 25mbps. I download 50GB a day lul.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from Ninelives Racing :) ino20 Meet and Greet 13 10-02-2015 03:38 PM
Burning Man Faeflora Insert BS here 38 08-19-2012 12:34 PM
Lexan windows Oscar Race Prep 19 04-20-2011 12:40 PM
Steve's 1993 Turbo Miata W/ Megasquirt cardriverx Media 0 02-23-2010 04:14 PM
Yay another problem! Dark Wanderer Insert BS here 8 06-16-2008 08:52 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.