hustler's "driver shame" thread - Page 50 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2011, 11:50 PM   #981
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

So what are the results of the weekend? How did Try do?
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 AM   #982
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I did badly. 200lb over-weight on one corner didn't help but it was my first time out and I suppose I ran decent times considering I'm on only 9psi now. I couldn't get the car to turn right at speed which Spoolin will post later. However the jack stayed put all weekend, I never added oil, no blow by problems, and the only issue was a loose CHRA at the end of the day which safety wire held tight. I ended up running a 1:51 and some change.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Efini~FC3S
This message has been deleted by hustler.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:04 AM   #983
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,109
Total Cats: 127
Default

He was in TTB
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:13 AM   #984
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

TTB, curb stomped, *** severely beaten, and I didn't really show up and "drive the car". It was my first trip but I need to work on reading the track and trusting the brakes. You motherfucks will get your at Hallett and HHR.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
jacob300zx
This message has been deleted by hustler.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #985
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
When do the results post? I think I have the lap record for MSRH CW TTC. In fact I know I do since I was the only car
Probably after the power-ranger drops another cube.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
ZX-Tex
This message has been deleted by hustler.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:00 PM
jacob300zx
This message has been deleted by hustler.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #986
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Carter beat me by a hair I believe. He was also lookin pretty manly in the comp school.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 PM   #987
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I need to work on reading the track and trusting the brakes.
maybe just lock em up and slide at the end of a straight once to learn your limits. somewhere without a wall.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:29 PM   #988
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
TTB, curb stomped, *** severely beaten, and I didn't really show up and "drive the car". It was my first trip but I need to work on reading the track and trusting the brakes. You motherfucks will get your at Hallett and HHR.

So what kind of cars were in TTB and what were their lap times?
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:40 PM   #989
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
So what kind of cars were in TTB and what were their lap times?
We don't have the times but I was competing with a crazy fast E46, Exige S, Coyote Mustangs, and another turbo Miata.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #990
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default





hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:45 PM   #991
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

big ****:


hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #992
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,809
Total Cats: 1,780
Default

That last is pretty damn sweet.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 06:33 PM   #993
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Car is looking good!

Any details on the other turbo miata?
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #994
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
That last is pretty damn sweet.
I may have to frame it. You can see the 200lb overweight on the front left.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:50 PM   #995
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
Car is looking good!

Any details on the other turbo miata?
iirc it's a NB, begi s3 setup, tein flex, apr wing, 15x7 6ul's with 205/50/15 toyo r888's full tread, full interior.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #996
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Well, I just figured out why my car wouldn't turn last weekend and why I was so confused. Look at this pic, right behind the back tire:
http://pgphotography.smugmug.com/Car...38_WpiMe-O.jpg
yep, that's a broken sway-bar link.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #997
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 816
Total Cats: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Well, I just figured out why my car wouldn't turn last weekend and why I was so confused. Look at this pic, right behind the back tire:
http://pgphotography.smugmug.com/Car...38_WpiMe-O.jpg
yep, that's a broken sway-bar link.
I thought most of you big hp guys were running 'unhooked' anyway? Do you just run a stock bar w/ adjustable links?

I ask because I've acquired RHarris' mono flex and I'm trying to plot where to spend the rest of my money. I've been getting mixed feedback on what/if I should run a rear bar.

-Zach
thasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #998
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasac View Post
I thought most of you big hp guys were running 'unhooked' anyway? Do you just run a stock bar w/ adjustable links?

I ask because I've acquired RHarris' mono flex and I'm trying to plot where to spend the rest of my money. I've been getting mixed feedback on what/if I should run a rear bar.

-Zach
I'm running the RB front and FM rear bar on the middle setting (same as the MSM bar). I like a car that turns and over-steers in steady-state cornering. I tried the stock rear bar and the soft setting on my FM bar and it wasn't right. That guy knows his stuff. I bought the FM bar just in case I didn't agree with his MSM bar recommendation...he was right again. You need the rear bar.

...before someone asks; it's no sketchy with oversteer either, very easy to drive hard.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 PM   #999
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mass.
Posts: 816
Total Cats: 41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I'm running the RB front and FM rear bar on the middle setting (same as the MSM bar). I like a car that turns and over-steers in steady-state cornering. I tried the stock rear bar and the soft setting on my FM bar and it wasn't right. That guy knows his stuff. I bought the FM bar just in case I didn't agree with his MSM bar recommendation...he was right again. You need the rear bar.

...before someone asks; it's no sketchy with oversteer either, very easy to drive hard.
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I have yet to inquire with the man himself (even though that would seem to be the logical thing to do).

I've heard from 949 and others that the MSM bar was the set up of choice.

Not that any of this really matters since my driving chops are nill at the moment. Hopefully some seat/instructor time is in my budget this year.

-Zach
thasac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #1000
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thasac View Post
Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, I have yet to inquire with the man himself (even though that would seem to be the logical thing to do).

I've heard from 949 and others that the MSM bar was the set up of choice.

Not that any of this really matters since my driving chops are nill at the moment. Hopefully some seat/instructor time is in my budget this year.

-Zach
Setting a car up the right way (dare I say perfectly) makes it easier to use in any capacity. Use a little logic here.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.