Folks be all blowed up in Boston... - Page 18 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #341
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

another thing:

where is the bomb? Legs says the bomb was dropped at his feet and then it exploded. where are hig legs and shoes?

it's not in any of the shots taken seconds after the blast, he's the only one in the shots with any apparent injuries. I see a few people who looked shocked and get up and walk away, a few with tattered clothes.

then you see two huge blood stains on the ground, one just under legs. the other to the right of the shots (look in from teh street). where did all that blood come from? it makes sense Legs lost blood, but the only other person right there that would have sustained injury would have been hoodie/glasses guy and he's fine, just chillin.

Oh but if you look cloesly, Hoodie/sunglasses is pretty much just leaning on this person, in a few shots you can see it's another person with broken legs or sorts. black pants, shoes, gray sweatshirt. doesn't look to be bleeding out, but tons of blood underneath her.

But how did he sustain zero injuries but both people next to him lost their legs? There's eventually a shot of him where you can see ripped jeans, but no wounds underneath. there's a bunch of shots of other people like this.

the lady with the missing shoe appears to be overtop of this second legless person in the fram-by-frame shots linked in this thread. then a guy in a red jacket is treating her, sorta. shoeless ends up in a different location and a yellow shirt is loosely tied around her uninjuried leg for some reason after medical staff finally arrive.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #342
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Keep venting, it's entertaining.

I don't know a lot about what happened because I really don't care that much. But the little I have learned is that each media outlet has their own version of what happened, and none of them are the same.

Then take into account the fact that these supposed journalists grabbed names from Reddit and Twitter, and then reported them as suspects.

There may be good, ethical reporters who actually do real research before they report things. But since I can't be bothered to figure out which ones those are vs the rest of the idiots, I just ignore them all.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #343
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Like when CNN reports they arrested a suspect, but it turns out the suspect might have been an outted actor, so they fake a bomb threat to the courthouse where he is at the time, evacuate the building and ultimately cancel the press conference about it to cloak the scent and come up with a new storyline and pretend that never happened?

then the FBI has to make a statement and say: hey gays, stop reporting stuff so accurately before we give you the "official" story, you might get us found out. kthnxbye.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #344
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

i was thinking... unless it was welded... a pressure cooker would blow out the top, and not the sides.. so, most the damage to bodies would be higher up, rather than near leg level.

even U.S. soldiers are taught to hit the deck when a grenade lands nearby, because the blast blows upwards and outwards, in a funnel shape, along with schrapnel..

now, look at the boston blast itself... it blows upward. kinda pointing to the truth of the pressure cooker being used.

but, what about the flame??? there was a huge fireball in this explosion... most explosions, ie.terrorist suicide bombers, and car bombs and such, you almost never see a visible flame...
if there is a big flame, its usually a low impact, low concussion explosion.

sorry if you guys touched on this already... i didnt read ALL 18 pages. lol
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #345
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan_G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 2,579
Total Cats: 155
Default

Without addressing all of the other evidence you are questioning, it is not at all uncommon for IED's constructed in the manner that this bomb was to have completely asymmetrical explosive patterns. This was not a military grade device. There are hundreds of stories from Iraq about soldiers getting killed right next to a soldier that was completely unscathed. If you make a shitty bomb your results may vary.
Ryan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #346
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
then the FBI has to make a statement and say: hey gays, stop reporting stuff so accurately
What is "things that have never been said about CNN?"
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #347
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

no we really haven't. I'm not a bomb expert, im not an expert in anything, so I have no clue about how it works, I just think it's odd that the bomb went off in front of a set of windows maybe 10-15' away but they blew outwards towards the bomb itself.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #348
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_G View Post
Without addressing all of the other evidence you are questioning, it is not at all uncommon for IED's constructed in the manner that this bomb was to have completely asymmetrical explosive patterns. This was not a military grade device. There are hundreds of stories from Iraq about soldiers getting killed right next to a soldier that was completely unscathed. If you make a shitty bomb your results may vary.
this is Berry true...

and, just curious...did they find any of the "nails and ball bearings" on site at all?
sorry, i dont keep up with the news. lol
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #349
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercooper View Post
i was thinking... unless it was welded... a pressure cooker would blow out the top, and not the sides.. so, most the damage to bodies would be higher up, rather than near leg level.
what if the pressure cooker's lid, inside the backpack, was pointing towards the buildings when it went off...directly at Leg's legs.

no nails and bbs and other crap first reported so far as I'm aware from barely reading.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #350
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
no we really haven't. I'm not a bomb expert, im not an expert in anything, so I have no clue about how it works, I just think it's odd that the bomb went off in front of a set of windows maybe 10-15' away but they blew outwards towards the bomb itself.
i didnt even think about that... damn... they WOULD have blown inwards regardless...
thats kindof curious
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #351
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
what if the pressure cooker's lid, inside the backpack, was pointing towards the buildings when it went off...directly at Leg's legs.

no nails and bbs and other crap first reported so far as I'm aware from barely reading.
this is true also... idk. would make the MOST sense... especially considering nobody else sustained injuries on the level of HIS...
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #352
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
what if the pressure cooker's lid, inside the backpack, was pointing towards the buildings when it went off...directly at Leg's legs.

no nails and bbs and other crap first reported so far as I'm aware from barely reading.
was there any evidence showing that the glass windows blew outwards???
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #353
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercooper View Post
was there any evidence showing that the glass windows blew outwards???

look at the pictures...


here's one: http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com...ing-legman.jpg

windows are now part of the street, not within the store. ground zero appears to be to the left (your left) of the black lady in the red jacket. Pretty much right where Legs was standing, who's tibia can be seen sticking out behind her.


I guess I could see them shattering and then just falling down and creating that pattern... but I would assume the blast force would push it inward.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #354
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
look at the pictures...


here's one: http://buelahman.files.wordpress.com...ing-legman.jpg

windows are now part of the street, not within the store. ground zero appears to be to the left (your left) of the black lady in the red jacket. Pretty much right where Legs was standing, who's tibia can be seen sticking out behind her.


I guess I could see them shattering and then just falling down and creating that pattern... but I would assume the blast force would push it inward.
i would too... definitely should have blown INTO the building...

and whats with red sleeve ladys sleeve??? (bottom R of pic, getting up)
lots of holes, but no blood or obvious injury beneath them.
Maybe burn holes from the giant fireball? or just bullshit? lol
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #355
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

and, im almost positive that the shoe behind red sleeve lady, is HERS, being that her L foot is shoeless... but where the hell did all of the blood in THAT puddle come from????
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #356
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
I guess I could see them shattering and then just falling down and creating that pattern... but I would assume the blast force would push it inward.
Why? A pressure wave is just air. Once it gets blown out violently, it has to return to "ground zero" since there is now a vacuum (or near vacuum) there. I'm not an explosives expert, but I don't see why they couldn't have just shattered and fallen down. It wasn't a very powerful bomb was it? (again I haven't really followed the story, so feel free to ignore me where I have the facts wrong)
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #357
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Default

Are you guys now seriously questioning whether people actually lost limbs and suffered legitimate injuries in the blasts? So now, not only are the media in bed with the Federal and local governments on this amazing conspiracy but all of the hospital workers are also covering for previously amputated actors?


Nevermind. I see no way me continuing to read this thread adds anything positive or of value to my life. You guys carry on.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #358
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,892
Total Cats: 1,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercooper View Post
and, im almost positive that the shoe behind red sleeve lady, is HERS, being that her L foot is shoeless... but where the hell did all of the blood in THAT puddle come from????

yes, the shoe is red sleeves, the blonde woman on the bottom right of that shot. her left shoe is missing and her right shoe is the same of that of the perfectly clean show sitting in a pile of blood.

at one point she was laying ontop of the the same woman that hoodie is just hanging out with. she moved away once red jacket was there to kinda hang out over top of her. white shirt Team Kerto was filmed handing red jacket a few things...I believe at one point he hands him a red string of sorts and I think this is what was tied off on Leg's leg, then Carlos came up, put a clean white cloth around it and took the fame.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #359
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Taos, New mexico
Posts: 5,703
Total Cats: 237
Default

I'M NOT SAYING THIS PROVES ANYTHING.

But.. commissioner calls the suspects "actors" ?

Fireindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #360
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
Why? A pressure wave is just air. Once it gets blown out violently, it has to return to "ground zero" since there is now a vacuum (or near vacuum) there. I'm not an explosives expert, but I don't see why they couldn't have just shattered and fallen down. It wasn't a very powerful bomb was it? (again I haven't really followed the story, so feel free to ignore me where I have the facts wrong)
no, you have a good point... there WOULD be a change of pressure...

and, yeah... i doubt it was THAT powerful of a bomb... with the slow-ish rising smoke (compared to powerful blasts) and the huge fireball
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
In need of base map for stock 1997 brandonbkd MEGAsquirt 0 09-29-2015 12:52 AM
Replacing one tire nigelt Wheels and Tires 7 09-22-2015 01:32 PM
Old guy buys old Miata b&t Meet and Greet 3 09-22-2015 10:32 AM
Bp5a swap NA8 Will_da_beast Engine Performance 1 09-14-2015 08:06 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 AM.