Wikileaks.... - Page 13 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Current Events, News, Politics Keep the politics here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #241
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Mainly? Because of hearing so much crap about how "governments are always in your best interest" and how a society could never function without a government.
Here is another good paper on Anarchy if you are interested.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:54 PM   #242
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Reading, and I'm definitely interested in MOAR. MOAR!

/Srsly.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #243
"Quality" is my first name.
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,611
Total Cats: 69
Default

So if the USA gets Assange, since he is not an American citizen I suppose he cant plead the 5th.. does this mean they can waterboard him?
Quality Control Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #244
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Here is another good paper on Anarchy if you are interested.
Lars,

Have you read Rothbards "For a New Liberty"? Did you like it?:
http://mises.org/rothbard/foranewlb.pdf


blaen99,

Here's "Machinery of Freedom"
http://www.voluntaryistpunk.com/eboo...f_Freedom_.pdf
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #245
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
Lars,

Have you read Rothbards "For a New Liberty"? Did you like it?:
http://mises.org/rothbard/foranewlb.pdf
I have not read it. Strangely enough I have kind of stayed away from reading Rothbard for some reason. Part of it is because he is more natural rights guy. Another part is that academically he is not as strong as Mises or Hayek. I will be getting Man, Economy, and State for Christmas though. So I will be reading that then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
blaen99,

Here's "Machinery of Freedom"
http://www.voluntaryistpunk.com/eboo...f_Freedom_.pdf
I actually sent him a link to that book just a little bit a go.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #246
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Actually Rothbard is the most Anarcho-Capitalist among the Misesians. Check out the 5-star book reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/New-Liberty-Mu...By=addFiveStar
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #247
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,505
Total Cats: 7
Default

Hell, If you all don't like it here, go to somewhere that there is no government. Those are the dumbest papers I have ever seen. Where is an anarchist nation doing well? You need government and structure, just not too much. If you think that everyone in the country needs to know everything the government and military is doing, you are wrong. I know plenty of stuff you don't need to know. Not because it is cool, not because it is "National Security" but because someone could get killed if i were to give it to some anti american dumb *** to publish. How do you know that only one report was furnished, leaving out the other one that supported it with additional facts that could be a saving grace. Needless to say, I am sure there are that weren't put on the table to make the US Government and military look less credible. I am sure things aren't as bad as they were spun to be. Hell Asshat, or whatever his name is should go start a country on his own little island, and all his butt buddies can try to sabotage the US and show everyone the "real truth". I am sure the chinese will come save you when someone wants to go blow them up some infedels.
chicksdigmiatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 AM   #248
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

You fail.

I don't 100% buy into AnarchoCapitalist theory, but in their essays there's a lot of food for thought. It sounds like you simply dismissed it as a far out idea.
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #249
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Double fail, really. He's obviously someone desperately trying to hold onto what he's been told, and has no interest in trying to realize what is. I mean, it's already been covered several times in this thread Assange isn't trying to take down the US, nor is he even targetting the US.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:34 AM   #250
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
I mean, it's already been covered several times in this thread Assange isn't trying to take down the US, nor is he even targetting the US.
So in your opinion it's okay that "Assange" is doing it, but what if it turned out that Islamic hackers secretly employee by the Iran Supreme Emperor did it in an attempt to undermine our gov't and to expose and exploit weaknesses?


(I put "Assange" in quotes because he is merely the face of Wikileaks, it's like saying that Obama represents all Americans.)
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #251
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
it's like saying that Obama represents all Americans.)
But he said that he did.
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:10 AM   #252
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,505
Total Cats: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC SBB View Post
You fail.

I don't 100% buy into AnarchoCapitalist theory, but in their essays there's a lot of food for thought. It sounds like you simply dismissed it as a far out idea.
It is far out. A person is smart, and people are stupid. Like it or not, the mass needs some form of leadership. I see principals that could work on that theory... Communism can work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
Double fail, really. He's obviously someone desperately trying to hold onto what he's been told, and has no interest in trying to realize what is. I mean, it's already been covered several times in this thread Assange isn't trying to take down the US, nor is he even targetting the US.
I know we don't do everything right, but it is better than average. No one told me anything. I formed my opinion on my own, despite what people think we are allowed to form our own opinions and view points. You just sound like some crazy left wing nut job that thinks the government is out to get you, and owns secret factories where they grind up baby puppies and feed it to your kids at school. You naturally defend people that think like you. I said it once, If you think it is so wrong... leave. Go live in Somolia or start your Assange island. See how awesome it is. He is deliberately seeking out and soliciting secret information from the US for purposes other than helping us. If he were a citizen of a different nation, I believe everyone would be calling him a spy or a terrorist, because that is what he is.
chicksdigmiatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #253
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
Communism can work too.
And so can slavery...
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:14 AM   #254
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Texas, 'Murica
Posts: 2,505
Total Cats: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
And so can slavery...
The south shall rise again!!!
chicksdigmiatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #255
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
The south shall rise again!!!
The South's success will only be handed to them by the concessions of their victims.


chicksdigmiatas, do you understand the tie between communism and slavery?

Last edited by Braineack; 12-14-2010 at 10:35 AM.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:45 AM   #256
"Quality" is my first name.
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Quality Control Bot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,611
Total Cats: 69
Default

Breaking news. Shuiend and Assange are out for lunch eating biscuits and sipping tea.

Guilty by association I say, shall we stone him?
Quality Control Bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #257
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,454
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicksdigmiatas View Post
It is far out. A person is smart, and people are stupid. Like it or not, the mass needs some form of leadership.
You completely missed my point. I was saying that the body of work written by Agorists/AnarchoCapitalists covers many concepts that can be equally applied to support Minarchy (minimal gov't as per the Founding Fathers). Their writings provide many valuable insights, even if you don't believe in AnarchoCapitalism.

For example:

- wealth redistribution schemes (progressive income tax, welfare), that are supposed to "help the poor", end up helping the rich too, because the latter have more effective representation in gov't. Look at how the truly wealth are taxed at low rates because they don't earn wages. When lefties get "tax the rich", all they get is more taxes for high wage earners, who are members of the middle class.

- the dynamism of the market and the sovereignty of consumers always produces superior products over centrally managed schemes, such as health care. Our so-called "private" health care industry is heavily regulated and thus centrally controlled, with the result that prices are protected and kept high by regulations which are lobbied for by the big players, and justified in the name of "public safety".

- and so on


Quote:
You naturally defend people that think like you. I said it once, If you think it is so wrong... leave. Go live in Somolia
You are completely clueless about the theory and writings of AnarchoCapitalists, and you trot out the Somalia Strawman. Somalia has a sad lack of rule of law. Libertarians, Minarchists, *and* AnarchoCapitalists are for a *strong* rule of law. It's a question of what these laws should look like. See the difference?

Don't rag on a body of work when you know absolutely nothing about it. Besides, it's pretty non-sequitur to say "you like no government therefore you can't be right that Assange was right".
JasonC SBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:37 PM   #258
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,847
Total Cats: 1,788
Default

when SS started. there were 15 people paying in to every one person paying out.

Today, there are 3.5 paying in to every one taking out. Just wait for all the baby boomers to retire....they were smart hippies.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:00 PM   #259
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,775
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick View Post
Breaking news. Shuiend and Assange are out for lunch eating biscuits and sipping tea.

Guilty by association I say, shall we stone him?
Sorry I was watching Batman, not having lunch with Assange. I do not like tea.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #260
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,317
Total Cats: 1,914
Default

Apparently it is illegal to leak secrets about the iPhone: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/iPhone...13952.html?x=0
Joe Perez is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:45 PM.