D-r-i-f-t-i-n-g is a banned word. What do we call it now? - Page 5 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 AM   #81
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,997
Total Cats: 1
Default

What the hell else am I supposed to do besides drive? I can't exactly write the next great American novel, **** a bitch, and drive all at once now can I? Unless you have the secret that is. Bedtime for me.
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:49 AM   #82
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoe View Post
What the hell else am I supposed to do besides drive? I can't exactly write the next great American novel, **** a bitch, and drive all at once now can I? Unless you have the secret that is. Bedtime for me.
Hey, I was just asking if you drive any type of HPDE, that's it. I thought it was a pretty simple question.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:17 AM   #83
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbguillo View Post
Yep, that's when I had the miata. Speedfed was pretty dope, too bad it went under.
Wait, you dont have a Miata anymore?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:21 AM   #84
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
Wait, you dont have a Miata anymore?
FC w/ V8 powa, soon having its chassis replaced with a vert FC.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #85
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotomile View Post
FC w/ V8 powa, soon having its chassis replaced with a vert FC.
Is that a quote?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:32 AM   #86
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
Is that a quote?
No, but that's true. Just finishing the cage in the vert, then everything will be swapped. I want a miata again as a track car....someday.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #87
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbguillo View Post
I want a miata again as a track car....someday.

at least all hope isn't lost.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #88
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
at least all hope isn't lost.
I still have a miata as a dd, so the hope isn't lost there...it's just too much to throw the v8 in there right now.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:05 PM   #89
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Fairfield, California
Posts: 418
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbguillo View Post
Go to a legit drift event with great drivers and ride along, you will figure out why. It's a giant rush, and it's the most challenging thing I've ever done.
For gods sake. When I was in high school I owned a rusted out POS '67 VW bug which I drove back and forth between home, school, and work. I hung the rear end of that bug out around just about every tight corner; not because it was cool, but because that's how that particular bug went fastest.

Now I see it's become a "sport" and it's "challenging". Christ, I used to do it with a cup of coffee in one hand, a joint hanging from my lower lip, and on crappy *** bald bias tires. What the **** has happened to the gene pool???

I vote we call it, "***-holing".

(sorry, came in late - was busy installing turbo)
Thucydides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #90
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thucydides View Post
For gods sake. When I was in high school I owned a rusted out POS '67 VW bug which I drove back and forth between home, school, and work. I hung the rear end of that bug out around just about every tight corner; not because it was cool, but because that's how that particular bug went fastest.

Now I see it's become a "sport" and it's "challenging". Christ, I used to do it with a cup of coffee in one hand, a joint hanging from my lower lip, and on crappy *** bald bias tires. What the **** has happened to the gene pool???

I vote we call it, "***-holing".

(sorry, came in late - was busy installing turbo)
I feel bad for you if you just think we hit the gas in turns to "hang the rear out," and there's really nothing involved. I guess you must love being ignorant.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:08 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

What's your point Thucy? At a leasurely pace with bald *** tires I do it one handed while holding a conversation. The point its people got good at it and there are sets criteria for a good drift. For example...initiation. I'll bet in your old bug your tires didn't really kick out till abouyt the apex or certainly not until you were actually turning. Early initiation, as in sliding before the turn is one.

Tight turns are not the exclusive turns being slid in competition ********. The arguement of "yeah I've had bald *** tires" or "in the rain". It's like saying since you have a BB gun, you know what shooting a real gun is like or that you might even be skilled at shooting a real gun.
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #92
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,900
Total Cats: 1,793
Default

here's the thing: we all don't like ********, mainly as a sport. i can't drift. the end.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:24 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

That's fair. I know I'm building my miata to be dual purpose. I'll be running 16 x 7 wheels with 205's for ********. and hopefully get some 15 x 9 6UL's for track days. I might be shoe-horned into 16 x 8's or something easier to find good tires for.

Btw scott. I haven't been able to find my MS for a good while. It's got me really bummed because I wanted the turbo and everything to be done this summer. If I can't find the MS it's gonna be on hold again. Though i did get the boomslang built. :me cry:
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #94
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: vancouver canada
Posts: 1,618
Total Cats: 0
Default

jbguillo,have you yet to get the point that we don't like d rifting on this forum? There's no point in trying to defend it.
spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #95
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
jbguillo,have you yet to get the point that we don't like d rifting on this forum? There's no point in trying to defend it.
Hey, I just find it funny that you guys hate it so much as to ban the actual word itself, but yet you guys have yet to prove that you even understand what it actually is. I'm not trying to prove a point at all, because I really don't care; I am really just having fun with the lack of intelligence and over abundance of ignorance on this board.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:33 PM   #96
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

I like that jbguido calls spec miata drivers ****! That's awesome. That and the 90% culture comment says a lot about where he's coming from.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #97
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
jbguillo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: San Jacinto, CA
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
I like that jbguido calls spec miata drivers ****! That's awesome. That and the 90% culture comment says a lot about where he's coming from.
You are taking what I said out of context. I was simply referring to the attitude of most of the drivers from Spec Miata, auto-x, etc as elitist "cockfag ********," who think that they are better than everyone else. They seem to be highly abundant in these sports, and don't really like to talk to anyone that isn't as cool as they are, and doesn't have a dick cast in diamonds.

You, yourself even said, "It's not about 'living the life." That's sad, because without the culture, there would be no motorsports, except rich asshats driving their 100k cars around their tracks paved in gold.
jbguillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #98
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

I still don't understand what the point is on hating on everyone. I would probably not hang out with people from Kinod, and I think some of the stuff they do it retarded (see peter). I don't call em ricer ****. They seem a bit more idealistic than ricers. They like clean cars with lots of money spent on them. Last I checked a ricer was someone who wanted to care about what their car looked like but didn't spend the money. Thus non-painted body kits. Boy racer attitude. etc. etc. etc.

Personally I get more upset with M.Net than I ever did with cr.net. Both I think are bad for their own reasons.

I dunno, I choose to hang out with people who like cars just the same as i do. I think some people have different Ideas with what they should do or want to do. I can't really change that, I can tell them they shouldn't but most likely they won't really have a good reason to listen. You can say that you aren't into cars for the "scene" or "community" but isn't that kinda lonely? To go to events and not have someone there to talk about the times with? or not have someone to cheer on? Isn't that why we have the NE dyno day? Isn't that why you guys come back here to talk about results and track days?

Would you really do the samethings you have with your car? Would it really be just as fun without anyone to share it with? Yeah it seems gay to me to be like "well I like cars because of the scene". In fact I know people who seem more interested in cars because of the scene, or because of the attention it gets them, or because others think its cool, or even because it makes them different than the next person. Does it really matter? are your goals really more admirable? do you think you are somehow a better person because of it?
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #99
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Roadster d rift.com exists for a reason. Take your ******** and leave us alone.

Awww, what happen to buttsex?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM   #100
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

buttsex
butt sex
drift
********
*******
drifted
Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
Foreign powered NB for NASA ST3 and/or E0 d k Race Prep 44 09-15-2015 11:59 AM
Interpreting Deatchwerks Dead Times from Battery Wizard compuw22c MEGAsquirt 0 09-14-2015 07:08 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.