The Ultimate Poop Thread - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2010, 01:59 AM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default The Ultimate Poop Thread

Lets talk about **** for a second.

Have you used Activia? If so, what did it do to you? I have been having some major constipation issues for the last month that I have been blaming on a inguinal hernia, but after more thought today, I started using Activia about a month ago. Just never put it together for some reason. I have read a LOT of negative stuff about it, from severe constipation like I am having, to the other end of the spectrum. It has been hell. Only way I can go is to take strong laxatives like magnesium citrate, which is limited to the weekends, for obvious reasons (can't go anywhere when you take that stuff). **** Dannon!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:32 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Lets talk about **** for a second.

Have you used Activia? If so, what did it do to you? I have been having some major constipation issues for the last month that I have been blaming on a inguinal hernia, but after more thought today, I started using Activia about a month ago. Just never put it together for some reason. I have read a LOT of negative stuff about it, from severe constipation like I am having, to the other end of the spectrum. It has been hell. Only way I can go is to take strong laxatives like magnesium citrate, which is limited to the weekends, for obvious reasons (can't go anywhere when you take that stuff). **** Dannon!
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:35 AM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
**** YOU!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #4
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

um sometimes **** just doesnt happen for a day or 2 or even a week. the hernia might be complicating matters, but i doubt the bifidus regularus and other cultures have messed up your system. Are you on a high fiber diet? do you get enough sleep and excercise? are you hydrated properly? this can all effect stool passage. If all the above are true and it still takes a week or more for things to happen then i would consult a physician becouse you might have blockage from an inlarged prostate or any number of things. Or you could just be chronically constipated lots of people are.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
um sometimes **** just doesnt happen for a day or 2 or even a week. the hernia might be complicating matters, but i doubt the bifidus regularus and other cultures have messed up your system. Are you on a high fiber diet? do you get enough sleep and excercise? are you hydrated properly? this can all effect stool passage. If all the above are true and it still takes a week or more for things to happen then i would consult a physician becouse you might have blockage from an inlarged prostate or any number of things. Or you could just be chronically constipated lots of people are.
I fail to believe it just happened to start right about when I started on the Activia. And yes to all of the above. Low meats, lots of fruits and veggies, high in fiber, sleep mostly, exercise yes, hydration, hell yeah. It almost defies logic that I would be corked up like a champagne bottle. It's gotta be either the Activia, the hernia, or both. Too much of a coincidence otherwise. Not shitting for a week at a time, and only going after taking laxatives is in no way normal. Anything less than 3 times a week is considered constipation. And to further dive into the details, if it was the hernia causing a blockage in my intestines, it doesn't seem that when I take the laxatives I would **** Swamp Thing into my toilet and lose 3 pounds in a few hours. So it's obviously reaching the colon for saline laxatives to take full effect. It's almost like my digestive system is a suction pump that has sucked air and stalled out. I need a jump start. Maybe a stimulant laxative would help. I feel like a laxative professional after all of this.

Scat talk, yay!
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Low meats
Problem one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Not shitting for a week at a time, and only going after taking laxatives is in no way normal. Anything less than 3 times a week is considered constipation.
Consider me constipated, I don't think I've ever **** three times in a week in my life.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:20 AM   #7
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Problem one.



Consider me constipated, I don't think I've ever **** three times in a week in my life.
How is a diet relatively low in meat bad? Beef for one is TERRIBLE for constipation (since the body can't break it down effectively from lack of a certain enzyme), and pork is no friend to the digestive system and Mr. Colon either. I eat meat, just not a meatatarian like I used to be. Actually the first big clog I got over a month ago that took a week to clear was from eating a big *** 16oz prime rib. Also trying to avoid dairy as much as I can since it is also not so good for constipation.

^
Then by most doctors, you would be considered chronically constipated.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cleveland, Tn
Posts: 121
Total Cats: -1
Default

the tone in your writing clearly relays the need for a 'movement. good thing we didnt need some furniture moved, or the jelly jar lid was stuck. i hear super-human stregth is a side effect of constipation.

on a side-note... my wife gots the **** whole clogged when she was eating the Activia a couple of years back. went to a bowl of raisin bran every morn and viola'. regular again.

do you smoke?
Rocky64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
How is a diet relatively low in meat bad? Beef for one is TERRIBLE for constipation (since the body can't break it down effectively from lack of a certain enzyme), and pork is no friend to the digestive system and Mr. Colon either. I eat meat, just not a meatatarian like I used to be. Actually the first big clog I got over a month ago that took a week to clear was from eating a big *** 16oz prime rib. Also trying to avoid dairy as much as I can since it is also not so good for constipation.

^
Then by most doctors, you would be considered chronically constipated.
Guess the fact that I'm more or less a carnivore would be why I'm "chronically constipated" I think I can live with that. I don't do dairy anywhere near as much, about the only dairy I do eat is cheese on various things as I'm allergic to milk (just can't drink it, things made with milk don't bother me in the least)

I'm done with the scat talk now,
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #10
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
How is a diet relatively low in meat bad? Beef for one is TERRIBLE for constipation (since the body can't break it down effectively from lack of a certain enzyme), and pork is no friend to the digestive system and Mr. Colon either. I eat meat, just not a meatatarian like I used to be. Actually the first big clog I got over a month ago that took a week to clear was from eating a big *** 16oz prime rib. Also trying to avoid dairy as much as I can since it is also not so good for constipation.

^
Then by most doctors, you would be considered chronically constipated.
I have been somewhat chronic for years man. But i find that if i am active and get 300 or more % DV of fiber i move along almost like a normal person.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:30 AM   #11
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

No smoke, no drink for now. But no, never smoked.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:32 AM   #12
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
I have been somewhat chronic for years man. But i find that if i am active and get 300 or more % DV of fiber i move along almost like a normal person.
I'm glad you bring this up.... HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET 300% DV of fiber? I mean, I know how I could, but I would be going WAAAAAY the hell over on my calories and fat intake. I'm on a "diet" right now. Even the highest fiber stuff I can find is still only a small dent in what I need daily. I think it was something like 45g required daily when I figured it up. I for sure do need more, but I already eat more fiber than probably 90% of Americans. By way of leafy greens, beans, berries, ect.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:33 AM   #13
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

i have heard studies that say tabaco product usage can ease constipation ie dipping etc. I wouldnt go into such a nasty habit for that reason though. If all else failed i would just live with the fact that **** doesnt happen everyday. brocoli for one http://www.fiberone.com/Product/bars...6117&WT.srch=1 for another each has 35% and only 150 calls.
http://www.generalmills.com/stream_image.aspx?rid=38007
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:36 AM   #14
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Guess the fact that I'm more or less a carnivore would be why I'm "chronically constipated" I think I can live with that. I don't do dairy anywhere near as much, about the only dairy I do eat is cheese on various things as I'm allergic to milk (just can't drink it, things made with milk don't bother me in the least)

I'm done with the scat talk now,
A little constipation is ok, but this **** is ridiculous. I haven't felt this bad in a while. Puts me in a very snappy mood, depressed, always feel bloated and a bit sickly. I eat, and nothing comes out. Like it warps from my stomach to another planet. But yeah, I was doing fine as a carnivore before for the most part, maybe 3 times a week, a bit on the constipated side, but it was never a problem until about a month or two ago with the activia. Now it's come to a hault.

SCAT TALK!!! Dreamin' of Skid Marks in my underpants
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
i have heard studies that say tabaco product usage can ease constipation ie dipping etc. I wouldnt go into such a nasty habit for that reason though. If all else failed i would just live with the fact that **** doesnt happen everyday. brocoli for one http://www.fiberone.com/Product/bars...6117&WT.srch=1 for another each has 35% and only 150 calls.
http://www.generalmills.com/stream_image.aspx?rid=38007
I could live with it if I could at least go twice a week, but damn, even after a full 7 days, not a damn thing, after having eaten many pounds of food. Kind of scary. I will for sure talk to my doctor Friday when I go to set up a date for my hernia surgery.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 AM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gainesville,Fl
Posts: 3,354
Total Cats: 7
Default

When I can't poop I just sit in the bathroom. I got a stack of GRMs and Gran Turismo in there. Do a few laps while gravity does work. But when I really can't I got these little chocolates.

I don't **** with yogurts.
turotufas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:22 AM   #17
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,776
Total Cats: 1,106
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Consider me constipated, I don't think I've ever **** three times in a week in my life.

WTF, How do you kill time at work then when your bored?
shuiend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #18
AFM Crusader
iTrader: (18)
 
olderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wayne, NJ
Posts: 4,438
Total Cats: 84
Default

Seriously, I never thought much about being irregular. Would sometimes go a week between movements. But two trips to the hospital for infections caused by diverticulitis taught me to think about taking a crap every day and to do something about it if it didn't happen. *** Doctors told me that chronic constipation is prelude to most of their hospitalizations.
olderguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Longs, SC
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 13
Default

I am on the complete opposite side of this as most of you. GF thinks I may have Chrons disease, but I have yet to talk to a doctor about it.
icantthink4155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #20
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Daily and um...daily.

I do the yogurt thing, and also eat mini wheats or bran flakes. Every morning I get a 10min GRM session. Start the day off right.
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:38 PM.