New Tuner Studio version with VEanalyze live - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 10:52 AM   #41
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Schwarzenberg, Germany
Posts: 1,497
Total Cats: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i meant changing the limits. I cant change the default 50% values. and im not going to let it have that much authority.
It keeps the changes but doesn't display. If you open the tab again, there is your value you put in. Phil is going to change that soon. It's a "visual" bug.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #42
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

aiight homeys.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:21 AM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
It keeps the changes but doesn't display. If you open the tab again, there is your value you put in. Phil is going to change that soon. It's a "visual" bug.
What values are you using, also when I change one its makes the other the same, I can't make them different.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #44
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
i meant changing the limits. I cant change the default 50% values. and im not going to let it have that much authority.
I think the button is just telling you that the maximum authority that you can request is 50. I'm not sure if it is a bug, or just not well thought out. It takes when you set the value. Set it, then click on the button again. The button should tell you the current authority with the max authority limit in parentheses.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #45
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Schwarzenberg, Germany
Posts: 1,497
Total Cats: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by levnubhin View Post
What values are you using, also when I change one its makes the other the same, I can't make them different.
I tried with 10 on both.
Just tested - seems to change both to the same value.
Also a bug I suppose.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #46
Boost Czar
iTrader: (61)
 
Braineack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Chantilly, VA
Posts: 72,840
Total Cats: 1,786
Default

playing with it on the stim is fun.
Braineack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #47
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

I drove around with it a little today going between work sites. I like it. It helped smooth out my tune. I limited it to an authority of 5. Are you guys sticking with the default delay (ms) settings? What is everyone using for their cell change resistance setting. I left it on normal.

Update: I also ran a datalog while it was autotuning. You can see it hone in on the target afr. I'm very pleased. It's amazing how little time needs to be spent on a cell for it to do a quality adjustment. Much faster than my LINK.

Last edited by miatauser884; 01-15-2010 at 04:24 PM.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle, Wa
Posts: 1,780
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I drove around with it a little today going between work sites. I like it. It helped smooth out my tune. I limited it to an authority of 5. Are you guys sticking with the default delay (ms) settings? Wha tis everyone using for their cell change resistance setting. I left it on normal.

I set the cell change resistance to "hard" because I always seem to have overshoot problems with MLV and used an authority of 10.
Jeff_Ciesielski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #49
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,105
Total Cats: 518
Default

ZOMG THIS THING IS AWESOME! Smoothed my table WAY out. It stopped working after I opened TS and reloaded my .msq, so there might be a bug where it only works the first time you reload it, I had to restart TS every time I wanted to start it again. Anyways, AFR are rock solid and it revs much smoother. Settings are normal and 10. There's a cool feature I just found out too, if you hold your mouse over the cell it tells you how many times you hit that cell, what it was originally, and a few other things I can't remember.

Can't wait to get my injectors sent of to RC engineering and try it with the turbo. Love this!
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:10 AM   #50
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dallas metroplex
Posts: 142
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
ZOMG THIS THING IS AWESOME! Smoothed my table WAY out. It stopped working after I opened TS and reloaded my .msq, so there might be a bug where it only works the first time you reload it, I had to restart TS every time I wanted to start it again. Anyways, AFR are rock solid and it revs much smoother. Settings are normal and 10. There's a cool feature I just found out too, if you hold your mouse over the cell it tells you how many times you hit that cell, what it was originally, and a few other things I can't remember.

Can't wait to get my injectors sent of to RC engineering and try it with the turbo. Love this!
Same, only works first time. I can't get it to burn, but exporting a table works so that's ok.
popopopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:00 AM   #51
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: TN
Posts: 328
Total Cats: 4
Default

Wow! 1 short drive with this has made the engine smoother than a few months tuning with mlv. I tried it with authority 10, default delay, and normal. Burn does work.. reopen TS and you will see the updated map.

Now I just need a car charger for the laptop

Last edited by southernmx5; 01-16-2010 at 10:37 AM.
southernmx5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:57 AM   #52
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,105
Total Cats: 518
Default

I forgot to say I bought a $60 ac adaptor for the car for $25. Radio Shack was changing packaging and it was discounted. Came with a bag nicer then the one that comes with Crown Royal.

popopopop, make sure you have "update controller" set to on (checked).
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #53
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 774
Total Cats: -5
Default

So what is the verdict on this program people ?

Is it fit for use ?
poobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #54
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,105
Total Cats: 518
Default

If you read though my excited posts, yes it is fit for use. It only seems to work the first time you open TS. If you press "stop autotune", you'll have to restart TS. The authority button graphic doesn't update when you change it's value. Otherwise it works great.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 12:57 AM   #55
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

I think that reproducibility speaks a lot for how well something works. I ran around town for a little bit with the autotune feature enabled. I burned the new VE table.

Later I drove around town again with the autotune feature enabled. It didn't change a single cell. This gives me a high level of confidence that it is tuning correctly.

However, I can tell you that my WBO2 readings only fluctuate by about .3 of a point. If you have a really noisy AFR reading then I would imagine it would take longer to tune.

I like it, and will continue to use it. However, I do not think it is a substitute for a quality dynotune.

I will use this new feature to dial in my tune, and then take it to a quality tuner to ensure that my **** is together.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:05 AM   #56
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,105
Total Cats: 518
Default

Careful, I'd be suspect if it didn't change anything. Like myself and a few others have said, it doesn't always work, TS resets are required. Try selecting a few cells in the idle range, raising them 5-10 points and see if autotune brings them back down. It changed my idle cells instantly, once it was working anyways.
curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:19 AM   #57
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Schwarzenberg, Germany
Posts: 1,497
Total Cats: 81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curly View Post
The authority button graphic doesn't update when you change it's value. Otherwise it works great.
It does now - there is already a new update.
Zaphod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #58
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 774
Total Cats: -5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
I think that reproducibility speaks a lot for how well something works. I ran around town for a little bit with the autotune feature enabled. I burned the new VE table.

Later I drove around town again with the autotune feature enabled. It didn't change a single cell. This gives me a high level of confidence that it is tuning correctly.

However, I can tell you that my WBO2 readings only fluctuate by about .3 of a point. If you have a really noisy AFR reading then I would imagine it would take longer to tune.

I like it, and will continue to use it. However, I do not think it is a substitute for a quality dynotune.

I will use this new feature to dial in my tune, and then take it to a quality tuner to ensure that my **** is together.

Very good point about repeatability !

What are you guys setting Authority, step size etc. ?

I've only used MLV/VE Analyzer a couple of times so I don't want to mess up what I've already done to my VE table.

I've also thought of finding a dyno in my area but I don't think they would pay much attention to the things that I've tried to fix like the cold idle starting and other driveability issues that are important to me.

It would be nice if they were to develop a program that would also develop the spark table/timing curve. It seems that it would have to work in conjunction with at least a knock sensor.....
poobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #59
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by poobs View Post
Very good point about repeatability !

What are you guys setting Authority, step size etc. ?

I've only used MLV/VE Analyzer a couple of times so I don't want to mess up what I've already done to my VE table.

I've also thought of finding a dyno in my area but I don't think they would pay much attention to the things that I've tried to fix like the cold idle starting and other driveability issues that are important to me.

It would be nice if they were to develop a program that would also develop the spark table/timing curve. It seems that it would have to work in conjunction with at least a knock sensor.....
i would definitly look for a tuner that understands the ms2 version of ms. i think it is fairly easy to get someone to tune ve/spark. it's the finer points that takes talent. such as tip in, accel enrich, etc. this is also where it would be nice to get someone that understands miatas. i feel fortunate to only be 4 hrs from DIY in Atlanta. i want the complete tuning package this time. let's faceit, it's fun to tune and datalog. however, at somepoint you want the confidence that u can get in your ride and not worry that it's going to blow up.
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #60
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

I've got to chip in and say I used Autotune today and christ it's good!

Just as MLV works, it's sampling all the time so you need to hit as many different cells in all manor of driving styles/gears to get the best out of it. It's so beautiful to watch the sampling take place and the shape of the table change whilst also being able to keep an eye on the AFRs.

My settings were stock Lambda, 5 max cell change, 20% authority, set to HARD and it smoothed my already pretty good tuned VE which I honed in MLV.

Im very impressed.
CRAIGO is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MSPNPPro-MM0105: Coolant Temperature Output slomiata MEGAsquirt 5 10-07-2015 02:11 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 PM.