Aidan's loose oily bunghole actually runs a track lap - Page 524 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2017, 08:42 PM   #10461  
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 11
Total Cats: 2
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
What happens if I just go back to the US lol?
should be fine there used to be a lot of people on international driving permits that would offer to take your demerit points for a cash fee HAHA

ohh you can buy tonnes of the 3.6 diffs here too since you guis in the US seem to want them - pay off your honeymoon
funkyanchovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:38 AM   #10462  
Senior Member
 
Scaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 862
Total Cats: 260
Default

You read through the whole thread?!?! Holy ****. I tried to about a year ago and gave up after a while haha
Scaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 02:43 AM   #10463  
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 11
Total Cats: 2
Default

Work has been really quiet the past couple of weeks, and the weather hasn't been too amazing either so I've been stuck in the office
funkyanchovies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 04:10 AM   #10464  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidandj View Post
What happens if I just go back to the US lol?
You'll be detained at the airport and then fed to a Koala by a bloke called Russell Coight.
The Australian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:27 AM   #10465  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,382
Total Cats: 1,601
Default

Now that sounds like a good time!!!
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:56 AM   #10466  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,339
Total Cats: 246
Default

It's fun there. Although the first time my wife took a left turn, there was a huge truck coming from the left. I freaked out, like "There's a huge truck coming, we're gonna die!" It drove right on past without incident.
I finally got the hang of driving on the wrong side, I drove "The Great Alpine Road." I kept hitting the windshield wipers instead of the turn signal though. Everyone there said "Don't worry we know if your wipers are on it means you're turning."
​​​​​​The place is fun.
sonofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #10467  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,378
Total Cats: 313
Default

The wipers and turn signals on the wrong side were hard to get used to. Harder than the actual driving.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 07:48 PM   #10468  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 60
Total Cats: 30
Default

I realise we're derailing Aiden's thread pretty badly right now, but it's a smokey train-wreck right now anyway , so...

About the wipers/indicators thing. Here (Australia) we have a mix, generally the Japanese cars have the indicators on the right, wipers on the left, and the European cars have them the other way around. I'm always getting caught out when I drive my brothers Audi, and then again when I get back into my MX-5. Are you guys saying ALL vehicles in the US have indicators and wipers on the same, respective sides?
ManiacLachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #10469  
SadFab CEO
iTrader: (3)
 
hi_im_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: your mom's house phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,315
Total Cats: 898
Default

Every vehicle ive ever driven has had its indicator stalk on the left side of the wheel.
hi_im_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:41 PM   #10470  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,378
Total Cats: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacLachy View Post
I realise we're derailing Aiden's thread pretty badly right now, but it's a smokey train-wreck right now anyway , so...

About the wipers/indicators thing. Here (Australia) we have a mix, generally the Japanese cars have the indicators on the right, wipers on the left, and the European cars have them the other way around. I'm always getting caught out when I drive my brothers Audi, and then again when I get back into my MX-5. Are you guys saying ALL vehicles in the US have indicators and wipers on the same, respective sides?
Yes, that is 100% what we are saying. Because we 100% drive on the proper and correct side of the road and so there is no question how the controls should be oriented and so every manufacturer by default uses the control layout we use. It's only for you weird wrongsiders that the manufacturer has to a) swap the steering/brakes/throttle and b) decide if they want to swap the stalks as well

Also I've been a manual trans driver for over 30 years, but I found my one experience on track in a manual RHD MX5 to be challenging. Shifting with the left hand required conscious effort and thought as none of the movements could be done by muscle memory. I'm sure if our Outback we had for our year in NZ had been a manual instead of an auto I would have adapted to it much faster.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:24 PM   #10471  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 60
Total Cats: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
Yes, that is 100% what we are saying. Because we 100% drive on the proper and correct side of the road and so there is no question how the controls should be oriented and so every manufacturer by default uses the control layout we use. It's only for you weird wrongsiders that the manufacturer has to a) swap the steering/brakes/throttle and b) decide if they want to swap the stalks as well
I don't think every manufacturer uses your layout by default and changes it for us, I think some change it for you.

I think RHD market manufacturers (Japan being the biggest example - I wonder about the UK?) do it one way, LHD (Germans, US, French) the other. Because we get a mix and you don't I'd suggest that the RHD market change it especially for export for Americans, probably legislated by Government safety standards or something. If they changed it for us, why aren't our Euro cars the same as the Japanese?

You're the needy ones here

I haven't driven a manual in the US yet, maybe next time I'm over I'll get a chance. It takes me a few minutes to get used to driving on the wrong side, but then I'm all good. I like driving in the US, there aren't speed cameras hidden all over the place!
ManiacLachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:52 PM   #10472  
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 17,433
Total Cats: 1,963
Default

Derailing Aidan's thread, right. Like that could happen.
sixshooter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 10:12 PM   #10473  
SadFab CEO
iTrader: (3)
 
hi_im_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: your mom's house phoenix, AZ
Posts: 4,315
Total Cats: 898
Default

I mean, it was formerly known as the "community build thread".
hi_im_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #10474  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,339
Total Cats: 246
Default

sonofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:14 AM   #10475  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,382
Total Cats: 1,601
Default

Amazingly managed to work on the car....rear brake lines swapped



aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:23 AM   #10476  
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,977
Total Cats: 544
Default

so, so dirty.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:38 AM   #10477  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
Thread Starter
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,382
Total Cats: 1,601
Default

Skreet char
aidandj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:02 PM   #10478  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: ATL
Posts: 770
Total Cats: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Derailing Aidan's thread, right. Like that could happen.
That's one thing that I REALLY like about this thread is that it stays on-track with laser like focus.
rwyatt365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #10479  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Mobius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 3,378
Total Cats: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacLachy View Post
I don't think every manufacturer uses your layout by default and changes it for us, I think some change it for you.

I think RHD market manufacturers (Japan being the biggest example - I wonder about the UK?) do it one way, LHD (Germans, US, French) the other. Because we get a mix and you don't I'd suggest that the RHD market change it especially for export for Americans, probably legislated by Government safety standards or something. If they changed it for us, why aren't our Euro cars the same as the Japanese?

You're the needy ones here

I haven't driven a manual in the US yet, maybe next time I'm over I'll get a chance. It takes me a few minutes to get used to driving on the wrong side, but then I'm all good. I like driving in the US, there aren't speed cameras hidden all over the place!
Maniaclachy, what you fail to understand is that we now live in the world of TRUMP MURRICA. In this world, there is no question that manufacturers by default build their cars to suit our market first. We have the best market. The greatest market! Everybody else wants to have a big, beautiful market just like ours. Everybody tells me so.

There generally aren't speed cameras, but red light cameras may or may not be operating at any given time. Personally I'd like them to turn them on, always, all the time. Red light running ***** cause me grief almost every day and i hardly drive at all anymore.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #10480  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 2,339
Total Cats: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
so, so dirty.
This is why I never bother painting all that stuff.
sonofthehill is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MS2 1.8 Starts, Runs, Revs. What do I do from here? Wont idle. Runs Lean. Mysticle31 MEGAsquirt 46 07-30-2012 10:51 PM
Oily drip from tranny. icantthink4155 General Miata Chat 42 07-08-2011 02:18 PM
Got Nasty Oily residue in my coolant reservoir. Cody Strife Engine Performance 10 08-21-2009 04:21 PM
oily NB intake manifold Stealth97 General Miata Chat 3 01-10-2009 04:15 PM
so its looking like I will be in the VAgine in july..or the bunghole..which I love!!! Pitlab77 Insert BS here 14 05-30-2007 11:22 PM


Tags
aidan and sean's thread, brake fade? used pads., camera thread, can't catch meeeeee, dirt is my friend, hairline thread, landlord fuckery, linus strikes again, remarkable power!!!!!!!, sadfab rocks your butt, tires suck buy frozen rs3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.




We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.